FOUR TIME STATE CHAMPS

kid125dynamite

I want to know peoples opinion on who has a good chance at becoming 4 time state champs. I dont want them to be too young so we will go down to 6th grade. I know people will argue and dispute me saying that young, but im only going by potenital from where they are right now.

People eligable above 9th Grade

1. Jason Tsirtsis    125 09 , 130 10 Champ .... Undefeated at 140 this year

2.Cody Phillips      2x Champ at 103 ... Undefeated at 112 this year

how bout boston from L.N. posibility for sure ...i believe he gets off to the right start this year......

and nick lee is a EMD young stud  but so was john simms at his age and he will graduate with no titles....

but if we are going that young i guess u have to say little cj red would be my best guess

Really?  We're going to start talking about little boys that we think will be 4x state champs?

Agreed.  Why don't we let these boys keep doing what they're doing - enjoying the sport of wrestling - before we start putting this kind of pressure on them.  Lee is a talented wrestler...but I think we should let him graduate from grade school before we start expecting 4 state championships out of him.

It is an effort to increase the popularity of the sport.  We are trying to be like basketball so we are going to start getting verbal commitments from grade schoolers and stuff like that.

And no I'm not really serious.

I agree, start the hype machine and unrealistic expectations as early as possible.

Also just kidding.

I happen to know Nick Lee.  In fact, he handed me his list for Santa this morning as I left for work.  Nick is 12 and has a long LONG way to go before he should be included in this discussion.  I am sure he would appreciate the well wishes but a lot can happen or not happen before high school.  Please don't trash him later when he turns out to be an average high school wrestler.  I just hope he continues to love the sport and enjoy all that this great sport brings.

The LN coaching staff  has 4 boys between all of  us.  A 19 month old and the other three are  4 months old & all born within a month of each other.  Coach Douglas and Williams already have them shark tanking each other and working on their heavy hands.  I just sit back and make sure their bottles are warmed up for their mid day feedings. 

16 State titles!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Coach Weimer

I happen to know Nick Lee.  In fact, he handed me his list for Santa this morning as I left for work.  Nick is 12 and has a long LONG way to go before he should be included in this discussion.  I am sure he would appreciate the well wishes but a lot can happen or not happen before high school.  Please don't trash him later when he turns out to be an average high school wrestler.  I just hope he continues to love the sport and enjoy all that this great sport brings.

The IMPORTANT question to ask about young Nick is "What's on the List?"

The IMPORTANT question to ask about young Nick is "What's on the List?"

XBox 360, The SIMS, Dance Dance Revolution, new fly fishing pole, couple sweaters for the fun filled Xmas photo opportunities, deck of Yugioh cards, and new socks and underwear.   

What more would kids want.

I'm all for letting these kids get to their junior year or at least well into their sophmore year before we start labeling them the next phenom of Indiana wrestling.  Some of these young guys may be good but lets let them develop without adding more pressure or giving them to much of ego complex.   Sure we should recognized some of these young Hoosiers as being tough wrestlers and evn point out they have the potential to help out their high school team one day, but I'd restrain from building up the hype train too much until they have had a chance to mature.  Once they can prove themeselves a few years against the best HS kids in Indiana then we can talk if their name should be among the best that have ever walked on the mat in Indiana.

I guess Y2 or Karl should just lock this topic out since there is pretty much negative feedback, or let's just change the minimum age requirement to start adding a name into this topic to Senior year.

To add to the topic of discussion in this thread, I have not seen him wrestle yet, but I am told the Boston kid from Lawerence North is the real deal.  I would put some good money on Tsirtsis pulling off the feat and as long as Phillips stays with the lightweights, I think he has a legitimate shot at four as well.

Yes Jason Tsirtsis and Cody Phillips could  "only time will tell". Only 7 have done it.

Estil Ritter  Bloomington 1924-1927

Willard Duffy Muncie Central 1930-1933

Howard Fisher S.B. Central 1949-1952

Lance Ellis  Cathedral 1986-1989

Blake Mavrer Ev. Mater Dei 2001-2004

Alex Tsirtsis Griffith 2001-2004

Angel Escobedo Griffith 2002-2005

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.