Josh Harper

purdue had a decent showing with a few seconds and placers for the day.  Atwood looked real good through out the day placing 4th.  Young Kissel is real good as a freshman and Fields is tough as nails.  Churchard beating previous ranked Valenti is a good win and placing second .

i saw McMurray and he was sucked down,  maybe a little much for the cut to 149, not sure what the coaches are thinking here.  it was said he was at 167-168 on Monday and the coaches told him to get to 149 to see how he looked. 

i saw McMurray and he was sucked down,  maybe a little much for the cut to 149, not sure what the coaches are thinking here.  it was said he was at 167-168 on Monday and the coaches told him to get to 149 to see how he looked. 

Thats redic! If this is true the coaches are crazy, way too much for a guy to lose in a week or even 2 weeks time! Not saying it cant b done but very un healthy! McMurray isa 3x state champ, I think he will be fine just needs time to mature as a college wrestler. Maybe Redshirt this year and have 4 solid yrs to compete. I think 157 or 165 is perfect, 149 is too low, be tough to keep all that muscle cutting that much weight

I believe Sean was planning on staying at 165 or red-shirting as he stated on this board before the season.....then Anthony Jones (rd of 12 last year) became injured and decided to RS...so I "believe" Sean and the staff decided to cut to 157 to take over the spot....however it also made up the mind of 149 Cheza to move up a weight....Now I have no idea how Sean does against Cheza in the room but if he is cutting to 149 ......?

As far as the coaches making a bad decision about the cut I can only think that a parrot was making the decisions....some of you will know what I'm talking about.

I just hope at the end of the day that Sean makes the right decisions and from what I've read on these boards I feel comfortable that he will.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh is starting at 133 for the Spartans. I believe he is 6-6 and seems to be having fun and getting better every match. Most of his matches have been close, with the exception of Iowa. As far as Sean, it is fairly close between him & Cheza. However, Cheza is a 4th year Junior. When Cheza decided to 157, Sean made the decision to try 149.  It took 3 weeks to get there, he made it. It was an experiment that didn't work. Sean had nothing left in the tank. So it was decided to not do it again. Osterman has since moved up to 149. But it all good, Sean has been entered unattached at the Midlands in the 157 bracket.

Josh is starting at 133 for the Spartans. I believe he is 6-6 and seems to be having fun and getting better every match. Most of his matches have been close, with the exception of Iowa. As far as Sean, it is fairly close between him & Cheza. However, Cheza is a 4th year Junior. When Cheza decided to 157, Sean made the decision to try 149.  It took 3 weeks to get there, he made it. It was an experiment that didn't work. Sean had nothing left in the tank. So it was decided to not do it again. Osterman has since moved up to 149. But it all good, Sean has been entered unattached at the Midlands in the 157 bracket.

Thanks for the info! Good luck to Sean at the Midlands & the rest of the season! We are all pulling for him. I'm sure everything will work  its way out and we will see Sean in the starting line up next yr for the Spartans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently contacted the michigan state athletic dept., and they emailed back that Josh left the program at the end of the fall semester. Anyone know what's going on?

Thats crazy.. 3X state champ i remember readin all the articles even ESPN had 1 on him his senior yr. if he didnt have that injury could have been a 4Xer

crazy to think he is done wrestling... maybe take yr off and try an instate school maybe UIndy with former caveman teammate Steven Sandefer would be best fit for him