Jeffersonville seeds

bbulldog152

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding early season tournaments can sometimes be difficult because some teams have wrestled very few matches.  I know we didn't have any kids seeded higher than 4th on our team that we took to the 16 team tournament at Ryle Kentucky yesterday and placed 3rd and out of 1st by only 1 point.  The bottom line is that the best kid will win the tournament no matter what his seed is and the best teams will be in the hunt for the team title no matter where their kids are seeded.  Also, if you are the second best kid, then you will definately finish no worse than 3rd.  Just wrestle!!!!  I bet the MD coaches don't worry about the seeds much because they are confident on what the final outcome will be regardless of their seeds.

Seeding early season tournaments can sometimes be difficult because some teams have wrestled very few matches. 

That is one problem we had today. There were some very good wrestlers who have not wrestled much or at all this early in the year. Also being this early in the season it is often difficult to have head to head meeeting or common opponents. 

The seedings that were posted in this topic have a lot of wrong names on them.  The brackets that were handed out after the meeting had all the original names on them and none of the changes were updated.  If the coach entered a name that is not on the original first line on the roster, it was not changed.  It will be changed this week when we go back. 

I want to appologize to the Jeffersonville seeding folks for my rants. Being new to this sport I internalize and speak (type) without the knowledge to know my ignorance. It was not my intent to offend! Next time I will ask more questions instead of making rash statements.

I want to appologize to the Jeffersonville seeding folks for my rants. Being new to this sport I internalize and speak (type) without the knowledge to know my ignorance. It was not my intent to offend! Next time I will ask more questions instead of making rash statements.

It happens. every year there's a kid that comes in with a good record that don't get seeded as good as you would think because they were either jv behind a stud the year before or what the situation may be. I'd probably be mad too if I thought my son was gonna get a higher seed and didn't.

It seems that alot of people can not understand why Weinzapfel is seeded so low at 145.  He did lose to Weekly and Farmer this year.  Plus he did not make it regionals last year.  Sometimes he can wrestle so good, and at other times he seems to not wrestle to his potential.  I think a 5th seed is reasonable.

It seems that alot of people can not understand why Weinzapfel is seeded so low at 145.  He did lose to Weekly and Farmer this year.  Plus he did not make it regionals last year.  Sometimes he can wrestle so good, and at other times he seems to not wrestle to his potential.  I think a 5th seed is reasonable.

Well I think people on here was more worried about the fact that we thought he was a 6th seed cause that's what he's posted on here as. 5th seed makes a lot of sense. But the seeds on here said dunn was the 5th seed which is why people were probably complaining. The top 2 seeds are state qualifiers and the next 2 are semi-state qualifiers. This is a tough weight class that even has some tough wrestlers that are unseeded.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.