2010 City Wrestling Champiohships 2 weeks away.

Coach Brown

Joe Duocleff and Evan Stringfield from scecina and Tyron Claypool and their Heavy weight and broad ripples 215 those are some other kids that should get decnt seeds this year at city

The Cathedral 215lbs Bernard #3 seed was a preseason 14th ranked wrestler who has beat Mishawaka, Calumet's 215lbs lost to #2 Kurna of Franklin 7-1 & #5 Krayl of Crown Point 8-1, but has beat Warren Central's 215lbs (not Wallace he was hurt) Washington,Ind's 215 1st period fall, and 1st period fall against Manuel's 215lbs. Only got a #3 seed I would think neither #1 or #2 has seen that quality of oppoents, so since when did records mean more than competition wrestled? I would doubt #1 or #2 has been considered in top 16 rankings this year! He's young and only a freshman but capable of being a 4X city champ.... I guess thats why we wrestle the matches,lol..Good luck to all the wrestlers at the city tourney Saturday 8)

In regards to Arlington, there is just no telling right now.  We have our favorites but it all depends on who shows up - figuratively and literally.  I've spent the past 2 weeks exhausting myself on grades, attendence, psychoanalysis, etc.  If it wasn't for our vital coaching staff going over the fundamentals with them, we would be in the library every day if it were up to me.  Our guys will definitely come to compete though, they simply just lack the mat time right now to do anything significant unless we catch some breaks.  We have kids that "wrestle" but haven't developed a team of true "wrestlers" just yet.  Getting closer though.  Honestly, I personally don't have any real expectations of our team right now other than go out and follow our philosophy.   Still, contrary to better judgement, I guess I can put out a TENTATIVE line-up:

103 - Deondre Wilson - 9

112 - Victor Gonzalez - 10

119 - Demetrius Ford - 10

125 - Derek Landers - 9

130 - Robert Duncan - 10

135 - Chris Thomas - 10

140 - Desean Harney - 10

145 - LaQuan Allen - 11

152 - Dareon Fuller - 12

160 - Roderick Day - 10

171 - Noah Perdue - 9

189 - Dave Flores - 12

215 - Gilbert Hutchinson - 10

285 - D'Ante Dorsey - 11

Coach, I officiated Arlington a number of times in the early 2000s and don't remember there ever being more than maybe 8 weight classes filled--often less.  You must be on the right track.  With your background, it would be easy to take an assistant job at a big-time program or a head job at a more established program.  I really respect what you're doing...you're shaping lives much more than wrestlers.  That won't show up in the win column, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.