R.I.P. Nick Christoff...

sneaker

sorry to say one of the greatest C.Y.O. wrestling coaches in indpls passed away during the thanksgiving holiday. he was truly a great teacher and leader who produced many city titles and individual champions that were very good wrestlers at Little Flower . always preached technique and basics, and head up. he will be sorely missed.but always much loved.

It was a pleasure to coach against, referee and work with Nick. We had several good battlers in the mid-1970's when I was the coach at St.Roch. He started the C.Y.O. RESERVE city tournament during that time I worked as the tournament director at these for many  years. Truly he was a great representative of our sport and a valued comrade. John M. Schattner

Many of us have become wrestling coaches for various reasons, our love of wrestling, family tradition, for the battles we have opportunity to witness and so on. Many of us are fans and reading this post for the same variety of reasons. I'm sure Nick shared many of these reasons with us but I assure you he coached for one reason, his love for kids. I witnessed first hand the countless wayward eastside youth that Nick helped mold into great competitors and on a much higher level great young men. I am the person I am today largely due to Nick Christoffs influence(only the admirable traits that is). R.I.P. my dear old friend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.