Michelle Kaster - ISWA Volunteer of the Year

dstruck

From The Evening News and Tribune

Michelle Kaster ? Named Indiana State Wrestling Associations ? Volunteer of the Year

Michelle Kaster of Clarksville, Indiana was named ISWA Volunteer of the Year this past Sunday at the ISWA Annual Meeting at Lawrence North High School.  Mrs. Kaster has been a volunteer parent member of the Team Jeff Wrestling club the past 9 years serving as concessions director, treasurer and now the head representative for the River Valley Wrestling team.  All of her children have participated in wrestling her oldest Andy Waymon wrestled for Jeff High and team Jeff for 3 years and now serves the ISWA as an official, her youngest son Eddie Kaster Jr. has wrestled for 9 years, he is a multiple time ISWA state place winner, a schoolboy national team member and 2009 Japan Cultural Exchange team member ? and currently wrestles for River Valley Middle School.  Her daughters Molly and Andy Waymon both were Jeff High Wrestling Managers during their high school careers, and her husband Eddie Kaster Sr. has served as the Team Jeff vice-president. 

Michelle has served the ISWA in a number of ways from ticket taking, to coach?s wristbands at tourneys, to registration.  Most recently she has worked in the hospitality room at ISWA State tournaments, serving more than 100 workers that work at the state finals events.  She serves them breakfast, lunch and diner so that they are rewarded for their officiating, time keeping and pairings jobs.  ?I was very glad to see this honor go to Michelle.  At every state finals you can see her (and her whole family) working to help keep everyone happy at meal time.  It is often times a thankless job, but she volunteers where is needed the most.  Her and her whole family are an extremely important part of our wrestling community.  I hope she knows how much I love them all and appreciate what they do.? Said Coach Struck the Team Jeff Wrestling Coach and ISWA State Coach.

?When I first met Michele, nine years ago, she came to me and asked what she could do to help.  Well we put here to work and she has not stopped yet? commented Louis Rosbottom, ISWA State Chairman.  ?The ISWA is built on volunteers, like Michele and this is our way of saying Thank you for a job well done!?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.