2010 Bellator Fighting Championships

MattM

2010 Bellator Fight Championships will be shown on Fox Sports Midwest.  This event will be a 8 man tournament in four different weight classes.

Looks like a good group of fighters, several of which with wrestling backgrounds.  Should be a few interseting matchups if this one pans out the way it should.

http://www.bellator.com/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23600

I'm a huge fan of what Bellator has been putting together lately.  They have been signing some REAL talent.  Not to mention I love the Tourny style events that they put on.  I'm excited.  I would love to see Strikeforce and Bellator do a bit of cross promotion at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen some of the Bellator fights.  I have been impressed by some of the fighters.  Keep an eye on Ben Askren, former NCAA champ and 2008 Olympian.  When I watched a pre-fight interview of Askren, he said he is going to try for the 2012 Olympic team.  I think he can win a medal in 2012 in London.  Also, I think Askren will be in the UFC within two or three years.