What Wrestling Means to Many Of Us

BlueBolt

For those who know me you know the passion I have for Wrestling.  I was never the Top of the Podium Threat, but the fire for this sport has burned intensly inside me since I first stepped on a mat in 1980.

Some of you may know that my father has been very ill since Valentines Day.  I sat right next to him the day before at the Evansville Semi-State, and 3 days later we were looking at a doctor who was telling us that we needed to make sure his final arrangements were in order as it didn't look like he would live through the night.  Multiple Organ failure and respitotry arrest twice that night.

Well he pulled through that.  I have NEVER in my life watched a human being display the fight and tancity that man displayed.  Over the next two days he was kept alive with a ventilator and honestly PRAYER.  Friday he took a pad of paper and wrote one line for me to read..."Go to the finals and tell me how the boys are doing".

I talked it over with my mom and my sisters, and I went to Indy the next day and kept him informed.  When I returned to Evansville he was off the vent and getting better.

My father, who for all thes years has support Castle Wrestling, although he never stepped on a mat in his life...Has benefitted from the efforts of the young men who compete.  Bless you all...

For those who know me you know the passion I have for Wrestling.  I was never the Top of the Podium Threat, but the fire for this sport has burned intensly inside me since I first stepped on a mat in 1980.

Some of you may know that my father has been very ill since Valentines Day.  I sat right next to him the day before at the Evansville Semi-State, and 3 days later we were looking at a doctor who was telling us that we needed to make sure his final arrangements were in order as it didn't look like he would live through the night.  Multiple Organ failure and respitotry arrest twice that night.

Well he pulled through that.  I have NEVER in my life watched a human being display the fight and tancity that man displayed.   Over the next two days he was kept alive with a ventilator and honestly PRAYER.   Friday he took a pad of paper and wrote one line for me to read..."Go to the finals and tell me how the boys are doing".

I talked it over with my mom and my sisters, and I went to Indy the next day and kept him informed.   When I returned to Evansville he was off the vent and getting better.

My father, who for all thes years has support Castle Wrestling, although he never stepped on a mat in his life...Has benefitted from the efforts of the young men who compete.   Bless you all...

That is a great story and i really am glad to hear your father is doing better. I can't stand the news of any loved ones passing away its always terrible to hear about

Great post Bluebolt... I can barely see through the tears...glad to hear your father is on the mend.  I will keep you both in my prayers.  Great season at Castle this year...I hope you and your dad have many more years to share the love of this great sport.

My fathers condition is about as good as can be expected.  Still no word on what has caused the issue although we all have a general idea...Diabetes, Heart Condition, the fact he is 76 years old, any of the above in any combination...

But folks the important thing to take from all of this is even though he has never even stepped on a wrestling mat in his life, he recognizes the significance...He knows the importance, and he follows the results.  This has had an obvious impact on him for him to DEMAND I go to the Individual and Team State Tourneys just to keep him updated. 

Castle fans know, John has always found a way to be there - Even well after his family left the mats...

Thank you for the well wishes and prayers.  This is just one more example of the family Wrestling makes us...

God Bless

My fathers condition is about as good as can be expected.  Still no word on what has caused the issue although we all have a general idea...Diabetes, Heart Condition, the fact he is 76 years old, any of the above in any combination...

But folks the important thing to take from all of this is even though he has never even stepped on a wrestling mat in his life, he recognizes the significance...He knows the importance, and he follows the results.   This has had an obvious impact on him for him to DEMAND I go to the Individual and Team State Tourneys just to keep him updated. 

Castle fans know, John has always found a way to be there - Even well after his family left the mats...

Thank you for the well wishes and prayers.   This is just one more example of the family Wrestling makes us...

God Bless

Blue he knows the significance because he's paid his dues in the stands. A lot of my friends and family don't understand how I can spend Saturday after Saturday in gyms, but they don't get it. We all get it...

I hope your dad gets to feeling better!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.