5X Worlds Strongest Man set for MMA Debut

Drooke

This is great. How many of you after a few cocktails or just a late night did a bit of channel surfing before you settled on espn and watched some Strongest Man competition?

*raises hand*

I did and I'm interested to see how this unfolds.

5X Worlds Strongest Man, Mariusz Pudzianowski, set for MMA debut

The man that can currently lay claim to being the strongest man on the face of the planet is set to bring some serious pain to the world of mixed martial arts in the near future.

Five-time Worlds Strongest Man, Mariusz Pudzianowski, has been announced to face off with fellow MMA newcomer Marcin Najman in a heavyweight match-up set for Warsaw, Poland as the headliner for an event titled KSW 12.

The most decorated champion in the history of The Worlds Strongest Man, Pudzianowski captured the title a record five times during the years of 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2008.

Also affectionately referred to as Super Mario, Pudzian, Dominator, and possibly the gnarliest nickname of all time, The Big Python, Pudzianowski is a fourth kyu green belt in Kyokushin kaikan Karate which he has been studying and training since just eleven years of age. On top of his many years spent practicing Karate, Mariusz has also trained in competitive boxing for over seven years now.

As it stands right now, the 6′1″, 285 pound freak of nature is also listed as the top competitor in this years Worlds Strongest Man competition, which is slated to take place between the dates of September 26 and October 3. This years event will be hosted from Malta, a beautiful independent island in the center of the Mediterranean.

Bulk size doesn't exactly mean athletic ability.  So it will be intersting to see how well his movement and gas tank is when it comes to MMA.  Sure he'll pound a few scrubs into the mat just on pure size and power (Lesner effect) but to be a major factor I'm sure he will need some time to change some of that bulk muscle into a more athletic MMA build.  Not to mention getting some more well rounded MMA training.

But hey the more NFL, strong men, and other top athletes we see coming into MMA just will help show how gifted and athletic some of the top MMA studs are in the sport.  So I'm all for him trying to show his skills in the cage.