Rankings 2010

RankingsGuy

The IHSWCA is going to do team rankings but not individual doesn't anyone else think thats crazy??  Wrestling is an indivisual sport, even the IHSAA recognizes it as an individual sport, those are the rankings that matter.  I have never seen a state organization do team rankings and not individual, talk about a step backwards!!  Anyone worry about reading the national team rankings for high school wrestling, I don't think so but when the individual ones are published people are quick to post them on the boards.

Individual sport, individual accomplishments, individual rankings...

No...it is not crazy, and it is not a step backwards.  In essence the IHSWCA will have Individual Rankings this season.  It will be the Rankings that they have decided to endorse which are the Rankings compiled and put out by Indianamat.  This is not a step backwards...in fact it could probably be considered a step forward in that, if the rankings at Indianamat are done as well (and they may be done even better) as they were last season they will be some of the most accurate and extensive we have ever had.  I was deeply involved in the Rankings process from about 1992 until December of 2009, so I do have some idea of what I am talking about, and it makes absolutely no sense to attempt to have two different entities putting in the time it takes to do the rankings properly.  If someone is doing them as well as they can be done then why do we need more then one set?

I think some people are jumping into the discussion having not read the rest of the thread:

Indianamat.com will continue to publish individual rankings right here on this website.  They are asking for feedback as to whether we would pay a small fee to view them.  This has not been officially decided yet.

IHSWCA will continue to publish a coaches' poll team ranking.

The individual rankings are def. created and documented very well. I personally would be willing to pay to see them. I also think if someone (TSpray) lives out of state they should be charged double for the rankings in Indiana.  8) Also, I would like to mention I would even be willing to pay a $10 a year subscription to this website, plus an extra $5 to see the rankings. I liked a previous idea about the "I love the RankingsGuy" t-shirt. Maybe charge $5 for the rankings and $10 if you want the rankings and t-shirt? Just a thought to help this website run effectively!

WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY A FEE ???

Stevens ....  let me get you up to speed ....

I was putting in an average of around 20 hours a week sifting through results from tournaments across the state for 12 weeks during last season.  That comes out to roughly 240 hours over the course of the season, and as a courtesy to Y2, I did them on a completely volunteer basis in 2009.  In order to be able to offer this same high quality of rankings this season, the same amount of time is going to need to be allotted.  Although I enjoy doing the rankings and making them as accurate as possible, when you start putting in that kind of time, it starts to become a chore.  By no means am I trying to get rich off of doing the IndianaMat.com rankings, its simply the fact that I can no longer take myself away from work, family, friends, etc. for 20 extra hours a week without some small compensation.  This brings me to my questions, and I would like to open the floor for discussion.  What did you think of the 2009 rankings (positives and negatives)?  Did you like them enough that you would be willing to pay a dollar for a season subscription?  How about 5 dollars?  Would having to pay some fee between 1 and 5 dollars a year make you think that the free rankings from the IHSWCA were a more viable option?

my bad lol

I like scardy94's idea of charging Tspray double!  Why not charge him triple!  I am for that one!  LOL. 

Seriously, I think the rankings guy does an excellent job and is totally underrated.  A small charge if approved through the IHSAA and or Indianamat.com is justified.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.