Am I the only one?

JakeandBreighton

I think Rogers needs one more high profile win before he can be considered legit.

Agree completely about Rogers.  He has put up a few decent wins, but to me he hasn't really looked the part of a legit fighter as of yet.  However, I have seen decent number of fighter that are never really picked as strong favorites, but seem to always find that way to win. Maybe he's another one of those guys that seems to always find that factor needed to pull off the win.

I wouldn't say I picked Rogers but I had mentioned someplace else that Arlovski has been very pron to being KOed in his losses.  So if figured Rogers had a chance if Arlovski stood toe to toe with him to much.

I think Rogers needs one more high profile win before he can be considered legit.

Agree completely about Rogers.  He has put up a few decent wins, but to me he hasn't really looked the part of a legit fighter as of yet.  However, I have seen decent number of fighter that are never really picked as strong favorites, but seem to always find that way to win. Maybe he's another one of those guys that seems to always find that factor needed to pull off the win.

I wouldn't say I picked Rogers but I had mentioned someplace else that Arlovski has been very pron to being KOed in his losses.  So if figured Rogers had a chance if Arlovski stood toe to toe with him to much.

Ever since Arlovski got KO'd when he was dismantling Sylvia, he hasn't been the same. He doen't even try to get it to the ground. It's like he thinks he has to prove he has good stand up. Thats the only reason I picked Rogers. I think if Arlovski would have taken him to the ground, he might have sub'd him. Rogers hasn't been tested on the ground yet.

Strikeforce won't stand in way of Brett Rogers' championship aspirations

by Dann Stupp on Jun 07, 2009 at 4:20 am ET

ST. LOUIS - Soon after his stunning 22-second demolition of former UFC champion and worldwide top-five heavyweight Andrei Arlovski, undefeated Brett Rogers cut to the chase when asked about a potential bout with Strikeforce heavyweight title-holder Alistair Overeem.

"Alistair, I was kind of aiming for him," Rogers said in a post-event press conference following Saturday's "Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields" event at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. "I was expecting the title today. He's still in my sight."

According to one Strikeforce executive, that Rogers vs. Overeem bout could happen as soon as August.

During Saturday's Showtime broadcast, Strikeforce announced an Aug. 15 card featuring new signee Gina Carano vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos and Strikeforce world lightweight champion Josh Thomson vs. interim title-holder Gilbert Melendez.

Overeem is essentially a lock for the card. BUT Could the Dutch fighter, who hasn't defended his Strikeforce world heavyweight belt since winning it in late 2007, now meet Rogers?

"It's definitely a possibility," Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after Saturday's press conference. "It depends if Brett is ready. I know he said he was ready, but you never know. He seems ready now, but on Monday, you never know. He came out pretty unscathed (against Arlovski), but there's always bumps and bruises.

"Once he gets back in the gym, maybe his [training partners] and trainers want to do something differently. We'll have to wait and see. But if he's ready and wants it, it's probably his."

For Rogers, that seems likely. He went 3-0 in EliteXC, picked up the first MMA win on U.S. network television, and emerged as the most likely candidate to fight EliteXC poster boy Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, the underground bare-knuckle brawler who earned millions of dollars headlining the organization's cards, in 2008. However, when the organization faced financial ruin and ceased operations late that year (soon after Ferguson's humiliating 14-second loss to late, late replacement Seth Petruzelli), Rogers was stuck in a state of limbo due to his contract.

Rogers would go nearly a year between fights, finally returning in April during his Strikeforce debut. However, during that time off, Rogers had a family to support. With no fight purses coming in, he went and earned an honest day's pay changing tires at a Sam?s Club in St. Paul, Minn.

But now, with his April victory over Ron Humphrey and his signature career win over Arlovski, Rogers' days of slinging tires are likely over.

Rogers is now 10-0 (with 10 knockout victories) and poised for some big-money fights.

"Guys that are well-respected, they usually have a lot of money behind them," Rogers said. "I'm going after anyone that I can cash in on."

Overeem (29-11), a former PRIDE fighter, is one such fighter. He's currently 4-0 (with one no-contest) during his past five fights, and he's recently cracked some worldwide top-10 heavyweight rankings with the streak.

The only issue would be a hand injury that made a St. Louis appearance impossible.

"I think his hand is going to be healed, and he should be ready to go," Afromowitz said of the potential Aug. 15 bout.

Rogers seems to be ready too. In fact, he's already thinking about ownership of the Strikeforce belt.

"Hopefully [Overeem] is keeping it good and clean for me," Rogers said.

Because for Rogers, who's had his fair share of bad breaks en route to his potential championship bout, things have turned in his favor. Bad luck has been replaced with good. Preparedness has met opportunity. And he's confident the wins will keep coming.

"This sport is all about timing," he said. "Now's definitely my time."

Hasn't defended the belt since winning it in 2007!  Yeah I know its StrikeForce but it sounds like they need to get him on a card ASAP against anyone at this point.

Reports are saying the fight is already penciled in for August 2009.