Virginia Beach

Looks like the teams in the high school division from Indiana  are Outlaws x5, Elite Athletic Club, The Fort, Solid Tech, Team Ironbear (Hamilton Heights), Fight Barn (Columbus East), Beast Nation & Beast Nation Gold and Owen Valley. Also some of the more well known teams picked up some of our studs.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

Yorktown sending 8 kids

Justin Boone- Grit Wrestling Blue 138

Joey Cline-Flint Tropics 126

Jayden Cline- Corn Stars Kyle 126

Cole Stuffel- Corn Stars Kyle 132

Tanner Eppard- Outlaws Orange 126

Peyton Wagoner- Triumph Black 170

Dakota Johnson-Outlaws Grey 120

MS

Wyatt Roach Outlaws 232

Diep Waters - Fishers

106: Mason Quarles

113: Will Hruskoci (Semi-State Qualifier)

120: Chayce Yant (2x Semi-State Qualifier, Ticket Rounder)

126: Peter Nguyen (2x State Qualifier)

132: Blake Jones (Semi-State Qualifier)

138: Zeke Kramer

145: Cameron Volz (2x Semi-State Qualifier, Ticket Rounder)

152: Jaylen Covington (Semi-State Qualifier, Ticket Rounder)

160: Camden Funk

170: Xavier Smith (Semi-State Qualifier)

182: Christopher Quarles (Semi-State Qualifier, Ticket Rounder)

195: Kyle Gunawan

220: Levi DeGroat (Semi-State Qualifier)

285: Walid Oumammar

Edited by LUBWrestler

22 hours ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Looks like the teams in the high school division from Indiana  are Outlaws x5, Elite Athletic Club, The Fort, Solid Tech, Team Ironbear (Hamilton Heights), Fight Barn (Columbus East), and Owen Valley. Also some of the more well known teams picked up some of our studs.

Floyd Central High School has a team entered 

Other Indiana guys that I saw competing are:

Team Kong 

160- Lowery 

182- Cruz

Team Shutt Dethrone

132- Clinton Shepherd

Team Thunder 

120- Jalen May

182- Veazy

Team Shutt Dynasty

106- Rioux

120- Rioux

160- Rinehart

I am sure there is more but these are the ones that I saw.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

Floyd Wrestling Clubs lineup 

106 Isaac Campbell 9th State Qualifier 

113 Anthony Kessinger 8th Middle School State 3rd, Folkstyle State 2nd

120 Drew Didat 11th Regional Qualifier, Folkstyle State 8th 

126 Aiden Stephens 11th Regional Qualifier

132 Hunter Banet 9th Semi State Qualifier, Folkstyle State 2nd

138 Vince Kessinger 11th Semi State Qualifier 

145 Kellen Carter 11th Semi State Qualifier

152 Colton Philpott 9th

160 Noah Ward 8th Middle School State 4th

170 Noah Banet 11th Regional Qualifier 

182 Bray Emerine 11th State Qualifier, Folkstyle State Champ

195 Kenny Ward 9th Folkstyle State 7th

220 Spencer Fain 9th Regional Qualifier, Frosh State 6th

HWT Justin Brown 11th Folkstyle State 5th

I used to attend this event until I found out it’s the worst money grab ever.  Officiating sucks and some redneck from Maine or South Carolina comes and tries to explain to me why they just lost 84-0 and how their kid bumped up and that’s the only reason he didn’t AA.  Ocean is overrated: the only redeeming part is the weather and fish tacos. Yet it’s May and the weather is good everywhere. But keep going at time we should be be focusing on the international styles for Kids Nationals and Fargo

The weather was awful this weekend! But the wrestling was great and from what I saw the reffing was spot on. I love the fact the windows for wrestling are always accurate and sometimes start early. Our homegrown elementary team qualified for day 3 and wrestled awesome. We bonded even more and got multiple compliments on how our kids supported each other. I love having one event a year our academy comes together and hangs out. There were a ton of Indiana coaches and wrestlers there. Keep up the good work everyone!

17 hours ago, aoberlin said:

The weather was awful this weekend! But the wrestling was great and from what I saw the reffing was spot on. I love the fact the windows for wrestling are always accurate and sometimes start early. Our homegrown elementary team qualified for day 3 and wrestled awesome. We bonded even more and got multiple compliments on how our kids supported each other. I love having one event a year our academy comes together and hangs out. There were a ton of Indiana coaches and wrestlers there. Keep up the good work everyone!

Once again our experiences in life are different.  Now get those guys ready for Fargo so I can brag about our area.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Once again our experiences in life are different.  Now get those guys ready for Fargo so I can brag about our area.

Trust me that is one of our goals in the end to start getting more kids to Fargo. Once these young ones are old enough that is what we are shooting for. We want to go and compete on that stage. We did see some accidental chest locks and ankle laces this weekend from our wrestlers. :) If a wrestler we coach on the regular asks us to go help coach them at Fargo we are there.

On 5/30/2023 at 4:53 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

I used to attend this event until I found out it’s the worst money grab ever.  Officiating sucks and some redneck from Maine or South Carolina comes and tries to explain to me why they just lost 84-0 and how their kid bumped up and that’s the only reason he didn’t AA.  Ocean is overrated: the only redeeming part is the weather and fish tacos. Yet it’s May and the weather is good everywhere. But keep going at time we should be be focusing on the international styles for Kids Nationals and Fargo

You are not kidding the refereeing every year is very bad.