Vote Mason Parris for Hodge

Y2CJ41

14 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Done, but I don't see how Yianni doesn't win. Not very often that someone wins their 4th NCAA title.

Most people with votes I've seen voted for Mason Parris. The Hodge criteria isn't who you think the best wrestler is overall, but who was most dominant during the year. Past accolades are far down the list of tiebreakers, and they may have axed that part of the criteria this year. His loss to Gomez really hurts. Mason also has the argument of being 33-0 with a great bonus percentage in a tough weight where he had like ten matches against All Americans this year. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Most people with votes I've seen voted for Mason Parris. The Hodge criteria isn't who you think the best wrestler is overall, but who was most dominant during the year. Past accolades are far down the list of tiebreakers, and they may have axed that part of the criteria this year. His loss to Gomez really hurts. Mason also has the argument of being 33-0 with a great bonus percentage in a tough weight where he had like ten matches against All Americans this year. 

Well good, hopefully I'm wrong.

Mason certainly deserves some consideration as most dominant this year. He went undefeated with lots of matches against AA's. He did have several close matches throughout the regular season, but he was definitely dominant in the tournament.