NCAA Wrestling History Question

I was told to ask this question here. I'm looking into the history of NCAA wrestling, and I can find lists and histories of winners and All-Americans all over the place. But what I'm looking for is a history of participating teams, themselves. I can't find anywhere a year by year list of what schools rostered a team. I know there are teams that are now defunct, teams that lost their programs and brought them back, etc. I don't know if there's a list or a database anywhere that has that info, but I was told that if anyone knew where that might be I'd find them here. Thanks in advance, enjoy the matches tonight!

On 3/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, SensationalM said:

I was told to ask this question here. I'm looking into the history of NCAA wrestling, and I can find lists and histories of winners and All-Americans all over the place. But what I'm looking for is a history of participating teams, themselves. I can't find anywhere a year by year list of what schools rostered a team. I know there are teams that are now defunct, teams that lost their programs and brought them back, etc. I don't know if there's a list or a database anywhere that has that info, but I was told that if anyone knew where that might be I'd find them here. Thanks in advance, enjoy the matches tonight!

The D1 schools that fielded a team? Or the D1 schools that participated in the NCAA tournament? 

I ask because in the early years travel was an issue, so not a lot of teams went to the tourney. There were other years where it was an open event. And then there were the qualifier years.

I have assembled a number of data sets that I use for putting content on the intermat forum. One of them is my best estimate of all teams by year. DM me with specifics of what you are looking for.