Folkstyle State

navy80

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

If Hawkins and Rinehart go to state, what place would they have gotten?  What that have been the best team ever? 

Tough to say I think both would medal, Rinehart was in the line up and beat some guys who medaled. I don’t think he beats Lowery.

Hawkins has wins over multiple guys who have medals but doesn’t have wins over Joey, Ison, Kyrell Or Maldonado. Griffen was a SQ for Cp at 32 so they had a solid guy there. 

They get both back next year it will be interesting to see where they fit in the l line up. CP had a solid day Newell winning 16u 113, Sessa winning 16U 126, Hawkins champs in juniors and runner up at 38, GVT 5th at 152, MJ staples 3rd at 52, Rinehart Champ at 170 juniors, Reading champ at 95, 

The younger Clark brothers both medaled and Brooks was 3rd 

Bburg is adding some studs Rojas over Goldberry at 82, Brewer up at 220, Gunner at 195, Fugate won it at 285 cadets.  

I am not sure what schools the smaller weights will be at 

I think Huddleson is a bburg kid and Bridge and Bell are Avon(who is stacked down low) 

Boyd will be a nice addition to Delta to go with Bollinger mosier and Kaid Jackson 

On 3/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, ontherise219 said:

Tough to say I think both would medal, Rinehart was in the line up and beat some guys who medaled. I don’t think he beats Lowery.

Hawkins has wins over multiple guys who have medals but doesn’t have wins over Joey, Ison, Kyrell Or Maldonado. Griffen was a SQ for Cp at 32 so they had a solid guy there. 

They get both back next year it will be interesting to see where they fit in the l line up. CP had a solid day Newell winning 16u 113, Sessa winning 16U 126, Hawkins champs in juniors and runner up at 38, GVT 5th at 152, MJ staples 3rd at 52, Rinehart Champ at 170 juniors, Reading champ at 95, 

The younger Clark brothers both medaled and Brooks was 3rd 

Bburg is adding some studs Rojas over Goldberry at 82, Brewer up at 220, Gunner at 195, Fugate won it at 285 cadets.  

I am not sure what schools the smaller weights will be at 

I think Huddleson is a bburg kid and Bridge and Bell are Avon(who is stacked down low) 

Boyd will be a nice addition to Delta to go with Bollinger mosier and Kaid Jackson 

Looks to be another exciting year! They aren't rebuilding they are just RELOADING!

On 3/14/2023 at 12:25 PM, navy80 said:

If Hawkins and Rinehart go to state, what place would they have gotten?  What that have been the best team ever? 

I don’t see how they don’t surpass their team score form last year with those two in the line up. They also had a 106lber from Wyoming Seminary that vanished like a fart in the wind. Throw her in there and they start approaching 200+ team points. It’s hard to keep track with all the recruits moving in and out. 

On 3/16/2023 at 2:49 PM, AlaskanMountie said:

I don’t see how they don’t surpass their team score form last year with those two in the line up. They also had a 106lber from Wyoming Seminary that vanished like a fart in the wind. Throw her in there and they start approaching 200+ team points. It’s hard to keep track with all the recruits moving in and out. 

IHSAA only seems to pay attention to the when when it’s a female breaking the rules.  Although in, all fairness, I think IHSA was just publicity criticizing for holding the girls to a higher standard as well.   The difference is, in Illinois, people called them out on it.  

21 hours ago, Keepitlegal said:

IHSAA only seems to pay attention to the when when it’s a female breaking the rules.  Although in, all fairness, I think IHSA was just publicity criticizing for holding the girls to a higher standard as well.   The difference is, in Illinois, people called them out on it.  

Knowing more of the situation that you do, the IHSAA looked at the situation and deemed it an illegal transfer. The biggest obstacle with getting into Crown Point is that it is a closed district and you must live or rent within the district to attend school. Sometimes the schools are more lax on that than the IHSAA.