Folkstyle State

navy80

First off, @TripleB has a great comeback story and he not only competed today, he went 3-0 and won a state championship!

Junior 113

Ayden Bollinger (Delta Wrestling Club Inc.) won by decision over Mason Jones (Indian Wrestling Club) (Dec 8-7)

Junior 126

Tanner Tishner (Red Cobra Wrestling Academy) won by decision over Gavin Bragg (Fighting Irish Wrestling Club) (Dec 7-0)

Junior 195

Gunner Henry (Indiana) won by fall over Trevor Currie (Jet Wrestling Club) (Fall 2:00)

junior 220

1st Place Match

Cole Chicoine (Indiana) won by decision over Brandon Johnson (Central Indiana Academy Of Wrestling) (Dec 12-6)

3rd Place Match

Caden Brewer (Red Cobra Wrestling Academy) won by decision over Austin Hastings (Noblesville Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-3)

Junior 285

1st Place Match

Brady Beck (Rochester Wrestling Club) won by decision over Hosia Smith (Fighting Irish Wrestling Club) (Dec 3-2)

3rd Place Match

Anthony Popi (Indiana) won by major decision over Benjamin Land (Team Jeff Wrestling Club) (Maj 12-2)

5 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

@TripleB channeled his inner Drew Hughes in the finals slapping the legs in and getting a turn for the win. The ref didn't want to give him the points, but eventually caved! 

I'd love to see video! Been waiting all evening for police and firetrucks wailing their sirens bringing the Champ back home to Madtucky! 

Pretty impressive Landon Hawkins won Juniors with out giving up an offensive point. I think he will look to double up tomorrow with a cadet title. 

weight jumps are always interesting, how the incoming freshman compete with established cadets is always exciting 

21 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Pretty impressive Landon Hawkins won Juniors with out giving up an offensive point. I think he will look to double up tomorrow with a cadet title. 

weight jumps are always interesting, how the incoming freshman compete with established cadets is always exciting 

Crazy enough that Hawkins doesn't win a cadet title.

19 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Tommy Gibbs is the real deal that was a good match.

cadets was tough, a lot of really good matches 

Gibbs is the real deal...flying under the radar as a freshman with a packed bburg team. When he did get the start on Varsity he dominated. Kid is a monster.

8 hours ago, HWTDAD said:

Gibbs is the real deal...flying under the radar as a freshman with a packed bburg team. When he did get the start on Varsity he dominated. Kid is a monster.

Brownsburg loses Jones next year but adds three cadet state champs to the line up in Gibbs, Rojas and Fugate. 

I'd like to add that I believe the ISWA has finally figured out the right way to run the girls tournament!  They have tried many different things but I think until it is big enough to be it's own separate event that running age groups at the same times and giving them their own mats was by far the best experience I've had with my daughter the past 6 years.

Middle School State needs to figure it out because 100+ girls on one mat led to 2 matches in 10 hours! 😴

Edited by bsisson

3 minutes ago, bsisson said:

I'd like to add that I believe the ISWA has finally figured out the right way to run the girls tournament!  They have tried many different things but I think until it is big enough to be it's own separate event that running age groups at the same times and giving them their own mats was by far the best experience I've had with my daughter the past 6 years.

Middle School State needs to figure it out because 100+ girls on one mat lead to 2 matches in 10 hours! 😴

They made a good choice in having all mats in same location as compared to having the girls at the elementary school as like last year.  Lost a couple mats, but much better for logistics.

22 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Tommy Gibbs is the real deal that was a good match.

cadets was tough, a lot of really good matches 

Did we ever get a reason why Hawkins didn’t compete this year? Injury or disciplinary reason? I understand not going into details if it’s the latter but I don’t recall seeing any explanation for not wrestling this season. Same goes for Rhinehart at Regionals. Did he miss weight? Injured? 

24 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Did we ever get a reason why Hawkins didn’t compete this year? Injury or disciplinary reason? I understand not going into details if it’s the latter but I don’t recall seeing any explanation for not wrestling this season. Same goes for Rhinehart at Regionals. Did he miss weight? Injured? 

I asked as well and got crickets. 

10 minutes ago, chef ghost said:

What's the story behind that? Rumor was he missed by several pounds. 

Well he’s wrestling 170 now, missed 152. He had to be cutting hard just to make the lineup. All three weights that were better for him were filled by state champs. It was either try and make 152 or not have a spot. 

16 hours ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Rinehart missed weight at the regional. The exact amount would only be speculation. He talks about the Cut in the CP movie around the Iron man time 

Hawkins was disciplinary unfortunately kids make mistakes it was good to see him on the Mat this weekend. We covered it on Gorilla radio around the time it happened. 

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

Rinehart missed weight at the regional. The exact amount would only be speculation. He talks about the Cut in the CP movie around the Iron man time 

Hawkins was disciplinary unfortunately kids make mistakes it was good to see him on the Mat this weekend. We covered it on Gorilla radio around the time it happened. 

If Hawkins and Rinehart go to state, what place would they have gotten?  What that have been the best team ever?