NCAA Pick’ems

Fwiw. It was just great being mentioned in the same breath as greats like maligned and Argyll, even if my instance was just a flash in the pan freak occurrence.. 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and most importantly, let's hope all the kids stay healthy.

1 minute ago, maligned said:

Leaderboard after consolation semi's. Everything done but placement matches and finals.

image.png.ad538f6711780cf08dc71b450ee3f19e.png

Two more points for 5th or 7th place victories. Three more points for 3rd place victories. Five added points for wins in the finals.

Because I had nothing better to do for twenty minutes, skimmed through the finals NCAA brackets and put together what I believe to be the best possible line-up for this completion: 199 total points with the 5 bonus.

125 - #10 Brandon Courtney (3rd) 

133 - #3 Vito Arujau (1st)

141 - #10 Lachlan McNeil (4th)

149 - #12 Shayne Van Ness (3rd)

157 - #5 Josh Humpheeys (3rd)

165 - #11 Cam Amine (4th)

174 - #1 Carter Starrocci (1st)

184 - #3 Aaron Brooks (1st)

197 - #7 Tanner Sloan (2nd) 

285 - #1 Mason Parris (1st)

7 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Because I had nothing better to do for twenty minutes, skimmed through the finals NCAA brackets and put together what I believe to be the best possible line-up for this completion: 199 total points with the 5 bonus.

125 - #10 Brandon Courtney (3rd) 

133 - #3 Vito Arujau (1st)

141 - #10 Lachlan McNeil (4th)

149 - #12 Shayne Van Ness (3rd)

157 - #5 Josh Humpheeys (3rd)

165 - #11 Cam Amine (4th)

174 - #1 Carter Starrocci (1st)

184 - #3 Aaron Brooks (1st)

197 - #7 Tanner Sloan (2nd) 

285 - #1 Mason Parris (1st)

Interesting stuff. Not a coincidence that of the 5 people that hit 3+ choices from the "perfect" lineup, 4 finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, T4th. And I was the only person lucky enough to hit 4 from that perfect lineup and it got me the win. 

Also, Arujau, McNeil, Sloan were only taken once in our game and their selectors got 1st, 3rd, T4th.