Crown Point Movie!

Mike Krzyston did it again! He followed the CP wrestling team for entire season his film premieres tomorrow. Here is The preview! It looks great! 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/exclusive-premier-relentless-a-season-with-crown-point-wrestling-tickets-568476367117

check out the preview on Local 219 FB 

8 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Awe your Jealous. 

Not jealous.  Just tired of seeing hard working kids get plucked away from other schools in 8th grade and/or good students being homeschooled for a second 8th grade year.  

You know how exciting it is to watch a barn burner match?  Imagine how fun wrestling would be if all these top notch kids didn’t “move” and stayed at their home school.   We might actually get to experience teams battle for titles year after year.   

5 minutes ago, Keepitlegal said:

Not jealous.  Just tired of seeing hard working kids get plucked away from other schools in 8th grade and/or good students being homeschooled for a second 8th grade year.  

You know how exciting it is to watch a barn burner match?  Imagine how fun wrestling would be if all these top notch kids didn’t “move” and stayed at their home school.   We might actually get to experience teams battle for titles year after year.   

So what do you do when a program falls apart? When the long time coach leaves and the result is a total decline of the program and your kid seems to have a future in the sport? Do you waste HS years waiting for it to improve or go where winners are produced? Not every coach or every AD has the ability or the means to get your kid to the next level and I'm sure most of the transfers it is a mutual decision between parents and coaching staff. If I can provide my child with opportunities to  achieve his goals I'm surely going to do it and have done everything you mentioned in your post. So far with results that have exceeded my expectations.

12 hours ago, Keepitlegal said:

All the reasons have I mad respect for guys like Torres(Portage), Jackson(Laporte)and Cole Solomey(Kankakee Valley)to name a few that stayed at their school . 

15 hours ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

So what do you do when a program falls apart? When the long time coach leaves and the result is a total decline of the program and your kid seems to have a future in the sport? Do you waste HS years waiting for it to improve or go where winners are produced? Not every coach or every AD has the ability or the means to get your kid to the next level and I'm sure most of the transfers it is a mutual decision between parents and coaching staff. If I can provide my child with opportunities to  achieve his goals I'm surely going to do it and have done everything you mentioned in your post. So far with results that have exceeded my expectations.

Well the goal should be that your wrestler is a leader the program needs to start the fire again. Every program needs a spark every now and then. When those sparks go to other schools it doesn't help grow the sport in my opinion. But... every circumstance is different.

16 hours ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Flip side of this is the kid that grew up in the school system and now after all their hard work, has to take a seat because the superstar moved in.  We focus so much time on the top talent and forget about the blue-collar types that are putting the work in and waiting to get their shot

21 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

How does Merrillville do it? 

Have no idea.  Not part of the Merillville program.  Know a few people, maybe even related to one or two (probably what you are hinting at).   But just a big fan of wrestling.

18 hours ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

So what you’re saying is you’ve held your kid back in school so they can compete against younger competition and used a fictitious address to gain enrollment at an out of district school? 

2 hours ago, tangarrray said:

So what you’re saying is you’ve held your kid back in school so they can compete against younger competition and used a fictitious address to gain enrollment at an out of district school? 

Neither. My son was held back in the 2nd grade for academic issues. He actually moved and is a resident out of state. As far as competition goes we never look to compete against younger kids or kids that have less skill. You don't go to National tournaments looking for an easy match. 

9 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Well the goal should be that your wrestler is a leader the program needs to start the fire again. Every program needs a spark every now and then. When those sparks go to other schools it doesn't help grow the sport in my opinion. But... every circumstance is different.

I see your point. And circumstances were very different at the time and things have improved at Wabash drastically. But under the circumstances we had to deal with then we chose the best option for my son. And what we have sacrificed as a family has not been easy. We didn't just jump local  school systems. I'm all for growing the sport but an opportunity presented itself and we took it. Both of my son's give back still to there local program. 

4 hours ago, base said:

Flip side of this is the kid that grew up in the school system and now after all their hard work, has to take a seat because the superstar moved in.  We focus so much time on the top talent and forget about the blue-collar types that are putting the work in and waiting to get their shot

Before all the well thought out comebacks “of well then that kid should work harder”  happen, let me say, that’s reasonable when you have a couple hammers on a team.  When you have a D1 prospect at every weight it becomes discouraging.   I’ve seen too many kids walk away for other sports because of this.  

5 hours ago, base said:

Could that not happen at any time? Stud freshman comes in and bumps a Senior, better wrestler moves into the school, another kid spends more money at academies over the summer and gets better and your blue collar kid looses there spot. Great thing about wrestling I thought was that a lot of the time the kid that puts in more work can beat a kid that might be more physically gifted.  Most of the kids that are "superstars" most likely got that way by working more than the others and not just more physically gifted.

1 minute ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Could that not happen at any time? Stud freshman comes in and bumps a Senior, better wrestler moves into the school, another kid spends more money at academies over the summer and gets better and your blue collar kid looses there spot. Great thing about wrestling I thought was that a lot of the time the kid that puts in more work can beat a kid that might be more physically gifted.  Most of the kids that are "superstars" most likely got that way by working more than the others and not just more physically gifted.

Very different situation when it’s 1-2 studs deep at every weight class.   

1 minute ago, mcnorthcarolina said:

Very different situation when it’s 1-2 studs deep at every weight class.   

Not always a sports decision either, most of these schools have top notch academics and funding for better learning opportunities to be better prepared for college and life which is important, great communities, great booster support, coaching, lifting, competition etc. 

At the end of the day we shouldn't be bitter,mad, jealous but supportive of families and especially children by giving them great opportunities! I'll always root for any kid from any school that works hard but if a family decides a situation benefits them better than so be it.

If we had a class system instead a a single would this be an issue? If kids were allowed in season to club practice with club coaches would that solve some issues from moving? I feel state restricts and makes us make tough decisions sometimes as well.  At the end of the day all of the wrestlers no matter where they end up have the same end goals in common and the parents all continue with an empty wallet!

Let's be supportive and encourage development and growth no matter where any kid ends up, unless they leave indiana then supports gone! Jk jk