Gunner Henry Needs More Love

Gunner Henry has put together two the best campaigns for a light heavy and he is not mentioned enough.  To put things in perspective. His trajectory is on par with Shawn Streck.  His only loses at State are to Orlando Cruz and John Purdy. They graduate.  He has 2 thirds as a light heavy.  He should be nationally ranked I already complained to Flo.  

8 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Gunner Henry has put together two the best campaigns for a light heavy and he is not mentioned enough.  To put things in perspective. His trajectory is on par with Shawn Streck.  His only loses at State are to Orlando Cruz and John Purdy. They graduate.  He has 2 thirds as a light heavy.  He should be nationally ranked I already complained to Flo.  

Is this a foreshadowing of the General's lock for next season? 

Edited by SunDevils

I am now a fan of Gunner after seeing him go to Indy Nationals the day after state and winning it.

They have wrestled twice recently. Gunner won both. Freestyle is completely different but it won't be a blowout.  Veazy and Gunner will hopefully be in different weight classes next year so they both get a title instead of one.

195 - GUNNER HENRY (RED COBRA WRESTLING ACADEMY) over DE`ALCAPON VEAZY (WARRIOR RTC) Dec 14-5

3rd Place Match - Gunner Henry (Brownsburg) 35-3 won by decision over De`Alcapon Veazy (Fort Wayne Snider) 35-6 (Dec 3-2)  

Just imagine next year's 182-285

182- Veazy (Penola)

195- Henry (Mcconnell)

220- Clark (Kindred, Beck, Hinton, Johnson)

285- Clark

1 minute ago, navy80 said:

I am now a fan of Gunner after seeing him go to Indy Nationals the day after state and winning it.

They have wrestled twice recently. Gunner won both. Freestyle is completely different but it won't be a blowout.  Veazy and Gunner will hopefully be in different weight classes next year so they both get a title instead of one.

195 - GUNNER HENRY (RED COBRA WRESTLING ACADEMY) over DE`ALCAPON VEAZY (WARRIOR RTC) Dec 14-5

3rd Place Match - Gunner Henry (Brownsburg) 35-3 won by decision over De`Alcapon Veazy (Fort Wayne Snider) 35-6 (Dec 3-2)  

182- Veazy (Penola)

195- Henry (Mcconnell)

285- Clark

And the new weight classes 

175-190-215-285 

Just now, ontherise219 said:

And the new weight classes 

175-190-215-285 

AHHHH I got to get used to them.

175- Veazy

190- Henry- I think??

215- Clark

285- Clark

What are the chances 220 Clark gains weight and has to wrestle off his brother for a varsity spot!?!? 

Just now, navy80 said:

175- Veazy

190- Henry- I think??

215- Clark

285- Clark

What are the chances 220 Clark gains weight and has to wrestle off his brother for a varsity spot!?!? 

I think he was under 220

but there is another set of Clark’s in 8th grade and one is currently 220 so there will be a Clark vs clark wrestle off 

10 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I agree! Everyone overlooks the kid. He is a beast. Everyone forgets he beat Veazy. Think Gunner is going 190 next year. Does Veazy go 190 or drop weight?

29 minutes ago, HWTDAD said:

I agree! Everyone overlooks the kid. He is a beast. Everyone forgets he beat Veazy. Think Gunner is going 190 next year. Does Veazy go 190 or drop weight?

Who knows? 

42 minutes ago, navy80 said:

182- Veazy (Penola)

195- Henry (Mcconnell)

285- Clark

They've beaten each other.  You don't have all the recent results.  That being said I made this post to give Gunner his flowers. However: In freestyle or greco you are not up on things if you think anyone is beating Veazy at either.  I'll remind you he beat Cruz last May in freestyle.  He nearly made the finals in both styles last year at Fargo.  Folkstyle i won't argue I'll let the wrestling speak for itself.

11 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Who knows? 

They've beaten each other.  You don't have all the recent results.  That being said I made this post to give Gunner his flowers. However: In freestyle or greco you are not up on things if you think anyone is beating Veazy at either.  I'll remind you he beat Cruz last May in freestyle.  He nearly made the finals in both styles last year at Fargo.  Folkstyle i won't argue I'll let the wrestling speak for itself.

I understand. Been watching them go at it for years actually. Veazy was getting the best of him until last years state tournament.

14 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Who knows? 

Yeah I was just reading up on Veazy's success.. kid is a beast!!! He was always beating Gunner until recently. 

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

I think he was under 220

but there is another set of Clark’s in 8th grade and one is currently 220 so there will be a Clark vs clark wrestle off 

Wow. So two sets of twins? That's awesome!

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

175- Veazy

190- Henry- I think??

215- Clark

285- Clark

Honestly, I kind of doubt that.  1. I don't think they want to do that, they seem to really like being that 1-2 punch to round out CP's lineup.  2.  "Smaller" Clark's frame seems like he could make 215 no problem and be even more dangerous than he is right now because some of the bigger 220's will be cutting to make weight each week and he'll be on weight the whole season.  

I didn’t see this on the video, but if I heard the Carnahan commentary correctly, Henry, after his win over White, made a mini Angelo Ferrari flex toward the CP section a week after Ferrari’s famous one toward the Blair Academy coaches. I don’t think Henry’s was blatant enough to merit a team point deduction like the one Melissa, TX received, but the broadcasters sounded a bit concerned. 

If Henry needs more love, we could give him credit for starting the BB v CP rivalry, which has been boringly devoid of smack talk up to that point if you’re of the persuasion that all great “call him Cassius Clay” rivalries require some good smack talk. 

I tend to agree with Ohio State’s coach Ryan who once said that the truly great ones have a calmness about them. Smack talk isn’t needed for the truly great ones. 

It’s a little bit interesting that Cruz shut down Henry at team state after that flex.  It would be far more interesting to see someone pin Ferrari at Ironman next year then lose 1 team point for a flex then a 2nd for a head gear throw, assuming he even shows up with perhaps the biggest target in the country on his back. 

541CCE79-520E-4C09-B3B6-D9947CB57363.png

3 hours ago, tonyzirkle said:

I didn’t see this on the video, but if I heard the Carnahan commentary correctly, Henry, after his win over White, made a mini Angelo Ferrari flex toward the CP section a week after Ferrari’s famous one toward the Blair Academy coaches. I don’t think Henry’s was blatant enough to merit a team point deduction like the one Melissa, TX received, but the broadcasters sounded a bit concerned. 

If Henry needs more love, we could give him credit for starting the BB v CP rivalry, which has been boringly devoid of smack talk up to that point if you’re of the persuasion that all great “call him Cassius Clay” rivalries require some good smack talk. 

I tend to agree with Ohio State’s coach Ryan who once said that the truly great ones have a calmness about them. Smack talk isn’t needed for the truly great ones. 

It’s a little bit interesting that Cruz shut down Henry at team state after that flex.  It would be far more interesting to see someone pin Ferrari at Ironman next year then lose 1 team point for a flex then a 2nd for a head gear throw, assuming he even shows up with perhaps the biggest target in the country on his back. 

541CCE79-520E-4C09-B3B6-D9947CB57363.png

Not true… Gunner is a class act all the way around. I’m sure our friends from Crown Point would say the same. Get out of here with this. Please don’t compare our guy with that clown Ferrari. @GenHeavyHandz was simply trying to give an awesome kid that is really good at wrestling some love and this is your contribution to the conversation? That’s hot garbage. Gunner is a great wrestler, the hardest worker that I know, and a good ol country boy that I have known for years and still addresses me as “Sir” when we speak. He is nothing but a class act and one of the best kids that I’ve ever had the pleasure to know. 

If you think your go to get any “Good smack talk” from either team, you’ll be waiting forever. It’s not that kinda deal. It’s called mutual respect from kids, coaches, and parents. We all know what it takes to be on these teams. Pretty sure that all of these kids are grinding this week preparing for next year. It’s called respect for your opponents. They all put in the work and know that their opponents do the same.

And yes.. Gunner deserves high praise and much love.

#NoMore3amPost

Edited by Mattyb

22 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Not true… Gunner is a class act all the way around. I’m sure our friends from Crown Point would say the same. Get out of here with this. Please don’t compare our guy with that clown Ferrari. @GenHeavyHandz was simply trying to give an awesome kid that is really good at wrestling some love and this is your contribution to the conversation? That’s hot garbage. Gunner is a great wrestler, the hardest worker that I know, and a good ol country boy that I have known for years and still addresses me as “Sir” when we speak. He is nothing but a class act and one of the best kids that I’ve ever had the pleasure to know. 

If you think your go to get any “Good smack talk” from either team, you’ll be waiting forever. It’s not that kinda deal. It’s called mutual respect from kids, coaches, and parents. We all know what it takes to be on these teams. Pretty sure that all of these kids are grinding this week preparing for next year. It’s called respect for your opponents. They all put in the work and know that their opponents do the same.

And yes.. Gunner deserves high praise and much love.

#NoMore3amPost

Thanks man.  I'm not trying to pit Veazy against Gunner and argue about who is better. They both are great and I'm sure will continue to wow us.