Best Semi State

navy80

1 minute ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

25 medals. You spoke too soon

25-31 though. Not even 2 medals per weight class if you break it down that way. It's been better and it's been worse, but just feels like a slip again. Kudos to all 56 that represented the FW Semi State. Maybe having just 2 local winners in 3 County area (Adams, Jay, & Wells) with also 1 from EACS makes it feel worse than it is.

Evansville sweeps New Castle at 113 and sweeps East Chicago at 195.

They nearly swept 126 but Bradley somehow came out on top of Stephens in a a great 6-5 match. 

They nearly swept 132 with Justice Thornton losing a close one to one seed Easton Doster 6-4.

48 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

25-31 though. Not even 2 medals per weight class if you break it down that way. It's been better and it's been worse, but just feels like a slip again. Kudos to all 56 that represented the FW Semi State. Maybe having just 2 local winners in 3 County area (Adams, Jay, & Wells) with also 1 from EACS makes it feel worse than it is.

Fret not. Next year we will get 30

1 minute ago, navy80 said:

Evansville sweeps New Castle at 113 and sweeps East Chicago at 195.

They nearly swept 126 but Bradley somehow came out on top of Stephens in a a great 6-5 match. 

They nearly swept 132 with Justice Thornton losing a close one to one seed Easton Doster 6-4.

Fort Wayne Almost swept 182, 195...

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Wow. Ft. Wayne > New Castle. Wow. IPS has taken over Marion County. 

Actually I think it’s even at 220. Fort Wayne and new castle both gif two out at 220, not 3 and one on this sheet. 

Fort Wayne is definitely on the comeup. May still be at the bottom numbers wise, but it’s pretty even between Fort Wayne new castle and East Chicago. Even more impressive considering the demographic is mainly small schools. It wasn’t long ago Fort Wayne was struggling to reach 20 placers and being completely outclassed. This year we got 25 on the podium and were in a lot of the matches lost. 

7 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Fret not. Next year we will get 30

Hope so! Like to see more Jay County Sectional participants earning medals and qualifying for state next year. Same with EACS wrestlers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just 1 wrestler qualified for state out of the 4 schools. At least he is earning a medal and is undefeated so far going into this morning. 

15 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Seems like FW is going for the #4 ranking of semi states. Not a great first session for NE Indiana. 

Fort Wayne drew Evansville 7/14 weights on Friday night including 2 of our stronger weights in 106 and 126. All things considered I think we are still going in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, lanntp01 said:

Fort Wayne drew Evansville 7/14 weights on Friday night including 2 of our stronger weights in 106 and 126. All things considered I think we are still going in the right direction. 

True, which makes it worse that Evansville is the leader. There are 3 schools in East Chicago, and a couple sectionals/regionals out of New Castle I'd like to see do well. Basically Elkhart County down to Madison County and Madison County to Henry & Wayne County up to Steuben County and everywhere in between with the FW semi state having Miami, Howard, & Fulton Counties. 

7 hours ago, navy80 said:

image.thumb.png.296e252dd8c925c939347f8b743c141b.png

Two things:

1.  This is about as even of a distribution you are going to get.  For all intents and purposes, each SS has the same amount of medalists.

2.  While EVSS definitely dominated the high-end talent side, CP is there to offer some balance!