Semi-State Upsets and Key Matches!

navy80

5 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You are a class act young man. My fiance has covid or I would've been there to cheer you on in person. Great job punching your ticket! I heard from some very reliable sources you are the truth on that gridiron as well.  Good luck to you and your teammates at state and what ever avenues you partake.  I predict a 4 over a 1 next week. Go Harder Carter!

Linkin is my son, I will pass this on to him. I appreciate the kind words, sir!  Also, prayers for your fiance.

Edited by Tcarter

9 hours ago, Jcjcjc said:

yeah, I was waiting for the last part. 
good work, Snider! 

11 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

2 returning ticket rounders and 2 returning quali's?; I'll take it. Quite possibly securing our first invitation ever to Team State?  I'll take it.

It's tough..still double-checking leaderboards but Snider's handcuffed by those 2 sectional forfeits. Even a couple of warm bodies in there and they'd have scored enough to probably be sitting 4th. As it is, the scoring thinks they're spotting everyone 12 in duals next year and they may have to reprove they're fully stocked in December for the vote.

2 hours ago, maligned said:

It's tough..still double-checking leaderboards but Snider's handcuffed by those 2 sectional forfeits. Even a couple of warm bodies in there and they'd have scored enough to probably be sitting 4th. As it is, the scoring thinks they're spotting everyone 12 in duals next year and they may have to reprove they're fully stocked in December for the vote.

Sounds wild to me.  If we don't get invited it's politics. You can't look me in the face and tell me we aren't the 12th best 3A team.  We could be the highest placing team this year to not make it.  We may be top 5 overall next year and we don't make it?  Wow....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Sounds wild to me.  If we don't get invited it's politics. You can't look me in the face and tell me we aren't the 12th best 3A team.  We could be the highest placing team this year to not make it.  We may be top 5 overall next year and we don't make it?  Wow....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Election Math GIF by John Fetterman

Edited by Silence Dogood

There are 6 auto bids from strict point awards. Then 2 wildcards are based on voting next year. The 6 automatic bids are 100% teams' scoring. That's what I'm referring to.

You'd likely have an automatic bid without your forfeits, but youre likely going to be just outside looking in for the automatic bids because of missing free points that are killing you.

It's strictly points, not politics, for the automatic bids. You can see public leaderboards with clearly published point values for each advancement level. 

Edited by maligned

42 minutes ago, maligned said:

There are 6 auto bids from strict point awards. Then 2 wildcards are based on voting next year. The 6 automatic bids are 100% teams' scoring. That's what I'm referring to.

You'd likely have an automatic bid without your forfeits, but youre likely going to be just outside looking in for the automatic bids because of missing free points that are killing you.

It's strictly points, not politics, for the automatic bids. You can see public leaderboards with clearly published point values for each advancement level. 

Sounds good.  Hopefully we do enough to get the wild card.  

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

In case you missed this years tourney there are only 8 teams in 3A and 4A. 

13 hours ago, IU89 said:

Better watch again. There is absolutely no way that was a reversal.

i disagree. I was there live, and video taped the match. Here is a frame of the video showing Mason completely on top, and in control. The second ref is starting to reach out to tap the main referee to mark times up.. Mason had control before this even before this frame is captured. C6B545A0-9AFB-4C90-B161-CAE5FA72FBC7.thumb.png.c97e221047374a511e54fb71a8e3146a.png

I believe Snider would get one of the 6 spots anyway because they are the top scoring team in the semi-state for 3A.  I believe you had to be in the top 10 scoring for semi-state, which they did.  I only know this because we (New Haven) were outside the top six in overall scoring, but still received the automatic bid last year.  Things may have changed though. 

44 minutes ago, NH-Coach said:

I believe Snider would get one of the 6 spots anyway because they are the top scoring team in the semi-state for 3A.  I believe you had to be in the top 10 scoring for semi-state, which they did.  I only know this because we (New Haven) were outside the top six in overall scoring, but still received the automatic bid last year.  Things may have changed though. 

DeKalb are slightly in front for the FW bid. Again, their full lineup is making the difference because the scoring rewards kids' apparent contribution to next year's duals strength.

39 minutes ago, maligned said:

DeKalb are slightly in front for the FW bid. Again, their full lineup is making the difference because the scoring rewards kids' apparent contribution to next year's duals strength.

Our heavy went to Semi-State as a sophomore.  He broke his hand 2 days before sectional. He was ranked in the Semi-State. He'll be back along with 2 ticket rounders and 2 qualifiers.    We had 11 at Regional.  9 will be back including aforementioned heavy. This is not a Snider against New Haven or Dekalb thing.  I just think we are deserving and if we don' get an auto bid hopefully we get a wild card.

Our heavy went to Semi-State as a sophomore.  He broke his hand 2 days before sectional. He was ranked in the Semi-State. He'll be back along with 2 ticket rounders and 2 qualifiers.    We had 11 at Regional.  9 will be back including aforementioned heavy. This is not a Snider against New Haven or Dekalb thing.  I just think we are deserving and if we don' get an auto bid hopefully we get a wild card.

Please make sure your coach reads this and follows directions for turning in injury info for your heavy. Guys who have been to at least SS, missed sectional bc of injury, and are coming back next year add points to their team. It makes a massive difference for your score.

Page 6 of the doc:

48 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Just watched Day/Turner, clearly the track clock was wrong.

When the side ref taps the head ref for time, it's a reversal. 

Tough way to lose for Cash, man a bummer for sure. 

Can't beat a dead horse. What happened happened. The time was tight and the call was close either way. The harder thing to understand is why a stalemate was called after they had just came out of a scramble with 10 seconds to go?

The officials on that mat were good officials. No blame. Evansville semi-state is very unforgiving...

Both of the assistant coach's sons, Lane Deckard (2020 against Ben Dalton) and Cash Turner, had careers end in the same heart-breaking fashion

16 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

Election Math GIF by John Fetterman

I was a Political Science major so math isn't my best suit.  However I do know how to use a calculator.  The math says we should be in.  The process says we have other measures to take.  I love meme's keep'em comin'Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Please make sure your coach reads this and follows directions for turning in injury info for your heavy. Guys who have been to at least SS, missed sectional bc of injury, and are coming back next year add points to their team. It makes a massive difference for your score.

Page 6 of the doc:

On 2/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, blueandgold said:

Crown Point really about to send 12 to State. This is so sick and amazing at the same time and quite possibly the greatest team I’ve ever seen.

it would of been so if our 195 wasn't dealing with health issues, it would of been 13 if our 152 made weight prior to semi, tough weight grind all season.

On 2/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, maligned said:

Thanks for your help. We are in!