Pin no pin

rmonroe294

Kid was totally pinned.  Ref blrw whistle and smacked mat.  The kid on bottom rotated a shoulder up as he blew whistle.  Total screw up.  I feel for the NV kid.  Took the match away from him.  Had the TC kid on his back with 1 minute left.  Match restarted with a tie score.  TC kid won in over time

14 minutes ago, nk140 said:

Kid was totally pinned.  Ref blrw whistle and smacked mat.  The kid on bottom rotated a shoulder up as he blew whistle.  Total screw up.  I feel for the NV kid.  Took the match away from him.  Had the TC kid on his back with 1 minute left.  Match restarted with a tie score.  TC kid won in over time

Must be like an NFL catch when a receiver is going to the ground... Have to maintain the pin all the way through the ref's whistle. 

Here is a snippet taken from the Tribune Star in Terre Haute on the pin, no pin. 

Trailing Tell City sophomore Chase Stephens 6-1 entering the third period in the final match, Cowden rallied with a takedown and a three-point near fall to tie the score. With 1:07 showing on the clock, the official slapped his hand to the mat to signify that Cowden had pinned Stephens, causing Northview wrestlers, coaches and fans to celebrate.

But then …

The official changed his mind and ruled that no pin had occurred before ordering both grapplers to resume action. Neither scored for the rest of the period, forcing a one-minute overtime, during which Stephens followed through on a takedown with 26 seconds left to secure the victory.

15 hours ago, rmonroe294 said:

At Bloomington today I saw a pin called then waved off never saw this before 

Last year at ISWA State my son had a seasoned ref who called the pin and after noticed the kid was bleeding….he says no pin I meant to stop match for Blood time and makes out ankle bands back on and starts match again.

I know there is a shortage of refs but lots of horrible ones this year. My son lost a match in overtime at sectional this year ref said he touched his singlet strap gave the other kid a point and my son lost that way.