SEMI STATE Brackets- Discussion

navy80

2 minutes ago, julio said:

Sunday afternoon is when they will come out, why do you people think the IHSAA will do them after Regionals?

Apparently Track had them listed to come out 430pm on Saturday. There is also a post that said the IHSAA told their employees they were releasing Saturday as well.

Just curious because now I have been relegated to calculating odds of various match ups out of desperation. 

I have figured that every first and second round combination has a 1/6 chance of happening. 

Question: has anyone taken the time to confirm that they haven’t used the same

formula two years in a row?

is it safe to assume last years formula won’t be used again for this year?

7 minutes ago, julio said:

Sunday afternoon is when they will come out, why do you people think the IHSAA will do them after Regionals?

Why wouldn't they come out as soon as regionals were done?  There's supposed to be objective seeding criteria, and you know who's going, how they placed, what their records are, etc.; just plug everything into the formula and out pops your brackets.  I mean, IHSAA has already posted all the regional results, so why no brackets?

1 hour ago, Gasman said:

Just curious because now I have been relegated to calculating odds of various match ups out of desperation. 

I have figured that every first and second round combination has a 1/6 chance of happening. 

113-126 ncss has been used  2years back to back

2 hours ago, Gasman said:

The weight I am following at Evansville has matched up with Jeffersonville Regional 6 times and Castle Regional 3 times in the last 9 years. The weight hasn't matched up with Mooresville once in 9 years. I don't know if that's a trend/pattern or what.