145: Torres

152: Rinehart

160: Goin

170: Goodwin

182: Cruz

195: White

220: Clark

285: Clark

Potential for as much as 12 regional champs from Crown Point, with the only ones with an unrealistic shot to win would be Sessa at 120 and Nowaczyk at 138, not that these two are not great wrestlers with lots of potential to make a run this year, but they will have to defeat monsters in Ashton Jackson and Cole Solomey, both ranked #1 at their weight classes.

At 106, I'm still taking Jones, although Haney is closing the gap. He wrestled an excellent sectional, but I think Jones will be winning this match again.

At 132, Tichelt has been wrestling great and does have a win over DeMarco, but DeMarco's ceiling seems to be much higher than Tichelt, and I think the best version of DeMarco wins pretty handily, and could even be a title contender.

145 is the last match that could go two different ways. I think Bahl is obviously good, but with a season that has been plagued with troubles and injuries, Torres should be the clear favorite here. I do really hope that we see Bahl at 100% by state, because he's definitely a good kid and I'd like to see a state title run happen.

Other than that, I think it's safe to say that Crown Point has a minimum of TEN locks in this regional, with two more possible champs in Haney and Bahl.

Also shoutout to Ashton Jackson, who will be likely be LaPorte's only regional champ this year, but we do have a couple more semi-state candidates in Josh England at 126, who has a tough first round matchup in #16 Guillermo Rivera, but is definitely a sleeper, then Chris Seadorf at 195, who can wrestle anybody tough, and then Devon Duschek at 220, who has a semi state ranked opponent round one, but is semi state ranked himself, making it a tough out for one of the two seniors.

34 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

106: Jones

113: Jendreas

120: Jackson

126: Frazier

132: DeMarco

138: Solomey

Potential for as much as 12 regional champs from Crown Point, with the only ones with an unrealistic shot to win would be Sessa at 120 and Nowaczyk at 138, not that these two are not great wrestlers with lots of potential to make a run this year, but they will have to defeat monsters in Ashton Jackson and Cole Solomey, both ranked #1 at their weight classes.

At 106, I'm still taking Jones, although Haney is closing the gap. He wrestled an excellent sectional, but I think Jones will be winning this match again.

At 132, Tichelt has been wrestling great and does have a win over DeMarco, but DeMarco's ceiling seems to be much higher than Tichelt, and I think the best version of DeMarco wins pretty handily, and could even be a title contender.

145 is the last match that could go two different ways. I think Bahl is obviously good, but with a season that has been plagued with troubles and injuries, Torres should be the clear favorite here. I do really hope that we see Bahl at 100% by state, because he's definitely a good kid and I'd like to see a state title run happen.

Other than that, I think it's safe to say that Crown Point has a minimum of TEN locks in this regional, with two more possible champs in Haney and Bahl.

Also shoutout to Ashton Jackson, who will be likely be LaPorte's only regional champ this year, but we do have a couple more semi-state candidates in Josh England at 126, who has a tough first round matchup in #16 Guillermo Rivera, but is definitely a sleeper, then Chris Seadorf at 195, who can wrestle anybody tough, and then Devon Duschek at 220, who has a semi state ranked opponent round one, but is semi state ranked himself, making it a tough out for one of the two seniors.

220 will be a battle of two seniors and a rematch from earlier this season. 

9 hours ago, Penn04 said:

If I were a betting man, how many points are you giving me on Huyvaert vs Solomey? 

This is the match that could surprise some people. Huyvaert capable of winning this match and pulling the upset. Kid works extremely hard and is wrestling lights out! This will be a close one, a lot closer than some people think! 

9 hours ago, TysonNisley said:

106: Jones

113: Jendreas

120: Jackson

126: Frazier

132: DeMarco

138: Solomey

Van tichelt ceiling is crazy high, kid has improved every match as season has went on. A crazy good all around athlete with an insanely good room full of talented wrestlers and coaches! 

132- Griff

138- hueyvart 

Both these guys make a deep run! 

Completely biased, but New Prairie helped themselves with 6 champs and 3 2nds at sectionals. This is more of a wish list as opposed to predictions, but I think moving 8 on to Semistate is within reason. 

Jones

Haney

Diaz

Halfacre

Jendreas

King

Orueta

Ieraci

Jackson

Brown

Sessa

Wilson

Frazier

Campbell

Rivera

Whitmer

DeMarco

VanTichelt

Robson

Roberts

Huyvaert

Solomey

Nowaczyk

Reid

Torres

Bahl

Lewis

Solomey

Rinehart

Whitenack

Kasprzak

Sessions

Goin

Bisping

Shaffer

Glass

Goodwin

Warren

Kobelt

Lively

Cruz

Ziegler

Ramirez

Jokic 

Johnson

White 

Kersey

Chambers

Clark 

Deutscher 

Bartoszek

Duschek 

Clark

Foy 

Fanzo

Krolikowski

On 1/31/2023 at 7:22 PM, rmckinney88 said:

Completely biased, but New Prairie helped themselves with 6 champs and 3 2nds at sectionals. This is more of a wish list as opposed to predictions, but I think moving 8 on to Semistate is within reason. 

Jones

Haney

Diaz

Halfacre

Jendreas

King

Orueta

Ieraci

Jackson

Brown

Sessa

Wilson

Frazier

Campbell

Rivera

Whitmer

DeMarco

VanTichelt

Robson

Roberts

Huyvaert

Solomey

Nowaczyk

Reid

Torres

Bahl

Lewis

Solomey

Rinehart

Whitenack

Kasprzak

Sessions

Goin

Bisping

Shaffer

Glass

Goodwin

Warren

Kobelt

Lively

Cruz

Ziegler

Ramirez

Jokic 

Johnson

White 

Kersey

Chambers

Clark 

Deutscher 

Bartoszek

Duschek 

Clark

Foy 

Fanzo

Krolikowski

I was right with 8 New Prairie to SS (Sorry I underestimated Johnson at 285, it won't happen again). Great job Cougars! I had 80/84 placers. I did not do so well with placements with only 29/84 right. It was a great day of wrestling and a terrific job was done by all wrestlers. Everyone that competed today should be proud of their season's. Also great job hosting by Crown Point. My first time there, but hopefully not my last. 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:08 PM, Dailygrind86 said:

Van tichelt ceiling is crazy high, kid has improved every match as season has went on. A crazy good all around athlete with an insanely good room full of talented wrestlers and coaches! 

132- Griff

138- hueyvart 

Both these guys make a deep run! 

This aged well