145. Prochaska Snider

152. Russel Snider

160. Smith Snider

170. Arsini Homestead

182. Veazy Snider🔒

195. Daring Luers

220. Leal Snider

HWT. Dodson Snider

I will take it as a compliment that 2 out of 3 wrestlers you picked outside of the SAC are Homestead wrestlers. It's going to be fun day.

1 minute ago, aoberlin said:

I will take it as a compliment that 2 out of 3 wrestlers you picked outside of the SAC are Homestead wrestlers. It's going to be fun day.

Andy, it's no secret i'm a "Homer".  No disrespect intended these are only predictions. Best of luck Saturday.

106. Ocampo Snider🔒

113. Benedict Homestead   (Cooper NH)

120. Daring Luers  (Rocha NH)

126. Sharp Snider  

132. Doster New Haven

138. Lapsley Snider

145. Prochaska Snider  (Elkins NH)

152. Russel Snider

160. Smith Snider

170. Arsini Homestead

182. Veazy Snider🔒

195. Daring Luers

220. Leal Snider

I like your predictions there General, but I do need to throw in some NH wrestlers that have been wrestling pretty well lately and might make things interesting!!!  Going to be a fun day of wrestling!!

Are English Bulldogs Dangerous? | UKPets

Edited by Bulldog89

4 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

106. Ocampo Snider🔒

113. Benedict Homestead   (Cooper NH)

120. Daring Luers  (Rocha NH)

126. Sharp Snider  

132. Doster New Haven

138. Lapsley Snider

145. Prochaska Snider  (Elkins NH)

152. Russel Snider

160. Smith Snider

170. Arsini Homestead

182. Veazy Snider🔒

195. Daring Luers

220. Leal Snider

I like your predictions there General, but I do need to throw in some NH wrestlers that have been wrestling pretty well lately and might make things interesting!!!  Going to be a fun day of wrestling!!

Are English Bulldogs Dangerous? | UKPets

You know I'm not mad at you and too be honest: Elkins is the favorite here.  That's why they wrestle it out.  It's going to be awesome.  Good luck!

38 minutes ago, hirsej said:

You are wrong

How can I be wrong about a prediction?  Because I didn't pick your 145?  Sir I can tell you this: I'm not always right: But I'm seldom wrong.  So prove me wrong on this: Northside ain't winning Sectional.  No time soon. Probably because of you and guys like you.  Get your guys better.  Collaborate.  Humble yourself.  Get a mentor.  If you get one Champion at Sectional I'll clap it up.  I could keep going:but then: I'Think About It GIF by Lil Yachtyd be wrong.

12 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

How can I be wrong about a prediction?  Because I didn't pick your 145?  Sir I can tell you this: I'm not always right: But I'm seldom wrong.  So prove me wrong on this: Northside ain't winning Sectional.  No time soon. Probably because of you and guys like you.  Get your guys better.  Collaborate.  Humble yourself.  Get a mentor.  If you get one Champion at Sectional I'll clap it up.  I could keep going:but then: I'Think About It GIF by Lil Yachtyd be wrong.

I love having the General back. Board needs more spice heading in to sectional. 

I will stand up for Ethan here. Ethan's 145 is very solid and has proven himself by winning the SAC. The sectional seeds did not play out in his favor because of a loss he had against us early in the season but we then lost to Snider. He has passion for his wrestler which is what a coach should have. So much so he gave me and my coach the what for at the seeding meeting and I totally understood.

I will say this. In the offseason Ethan has constantly contacted me and recommend his wrestlers to go do offseason training. His youth club has about 40 in it this year and last year I believe around the same. He had a little beginner tournament last year for all FWCS schools and local clubs and it went well.

Coaching at North Side, Wayne, and Northrop are very tough to get the numbers and keep them and it will need to be from the ground up. We came close to getting middle school wrestling going this year but logistically it just doesn't seem to work. I don't think we have a wrestler shortage all the time we have a huge coaching shortage. Not just at the high school level but also in at the youth and middle school level. Look at what Blackhawk middle school ran into this year. Snider has an established culture that is back on the rise with a very good full coaching staff and support from the top down.

I think a possible answer can be recruiting local college grads from Manchester, Indiana Tech, Wabash, and Trine to come back and be willing to sacrifice their time to invest in the youth and middle school. A single High School coach can't do it by themselves. I personally have 2 coaches on my staff that are young and graduated from Indiana Tech. Lost a great one last year to a job change.  It's awesome to see them out on the mat wrestling the kids and doing what they love. Let's bring those graduated college wrestlers into our rooms and mentor them for a year or 2 and get them involved in the youth and middle school side of things.

I know I am not saying anything you don't know General. Just wanted to give a shout out to Ethan because coaching can be a thankless job especially in some of the schools that just aren't quite there yet. Ethan is passionate about his wrestler and that I totally understand. I am pretty upset at my 138 pounders seed but we lost a close match at the end that cost us. Tis wrestling.

55 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

I will stand up for Ethan here. Ethan's 145 is very solid and has proven himself by winning the SAC. The sectional seeds did not play out in his favor because of a loss he had against us early in the season but we then lost to Snider. He has passion for his wrestler which is what a coach should have. So much so he gave me and my coach the what for at the seeding meeting and I totally understood.

I will say this. In the offseason Ethan has constantly contacted me and recommend his wrestlers to go do offseason training. His youth club has about 40 in it this year and last year I believe around the same. He had a little beginner tournament last year for all FWCS schools and local clubs and it went well.

Coaching at North Side, Wayne, and Northrop are very tough to get the numbers and keep them and it will need to be from the ground up. We came close to getting middle school wrestling going this year but logistically it just doesn't seem to work. I don't think we have a wrestler shortage all the time we have a huge coaching shortage. Not just at the high school level but also in at the youth and middle school level. Look at what Blackhawk middle school ran into this year. Snider has an established culture that is back on the rise with a very good full coaching staff and support from the top down.

I think a possible answer can be recruiting local college grads from Manchester, Indiana Tech, Wabash, and Trine to come back and be willing to sacrifice their time to invest in the youth and middle school. A single High School coach can't do it by themselves. I personally have 2 coaches on my staff that are young and graduated from Indiana Tech. Lost a great one last year to a job change.  It's awesome to see them out on the mat wrestling the kids and doing what they love. Let's bring those graduated college wrestlers into our rooms and mentor them for a year or 2 and get them involved in the youth and middle school side of things.

I know I am not saying anything you don't know General. Just wanted to give a shout out to Ethan because coaching can be a thankless job especially in some of the schools that just aren't quite there yet. Ethan is passionate about his wrestler and that I totally understand. I am pretty upset at my 138 pounders seed but we lost a close match at the end that cost us. Tis wrestling.

Or he could quit cussing people out and telling them they are wrong and put his nose to the grindstone.  Let the results prove me wrong.  Andy I know you love being the hero but where I'm from: when a grown man says something from his mouth he must stand on it on his own.  This a forum where what you say can garner you a response you may not like.  I don't think I told any lies.  Northrop keeps the numbers. You said Northside has the numbers.  It's funny to me how people who don't live in Fort Wayne(Aboite ain't Fort Wayne): All know what Fort Wayne needs to get better.   All jokes aside: I know what an elite program looks like. I know how to get there.  I mentor people who have taken my advice an are having continued success.  We have college grads and former champs all over the city. Gatekeeepers are the problem.  The same old narrative is the problem.  No excuses you can either coach or you can't. I'll put my money where my mouth is: I'll apply at one of the aforementioned schools this fall.  I guarantee we'll have more than one conference champ year 1.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
typo

30 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Or he could quit cussing people out and telling them they are wrong and put his nose to the grindstone.  Let the results prove me wrong.  Andy I know you love being the hero but where I'm from: when a grown man says something from his mouth he must stand on it on his own.  This a forum where what you say can garner you a response you may not like.  I don't think I told any lies.  Northrop keeps the numbers. You said Northside has the numbers.  It's funny to me how people who don't live in Fort Wayne(Aboite ain't Fort Wayne): All know what Fort Wayne needs to get better.   All jokes aside: I know what an elite program looks like. I know how to get there.  I mentor people who have taken my advice an are having continued success.  We have college grads and former champs all over the city. Gatekeeepers are the problem.  The same old narrative is the problem.  No excuses you can either coach or you can't. I'll put my money where my mouth is: I'll apply at one of the aforementioned schools this fall.  I guarantee we'll have more than one conference champ year 1.

I'm no stranger. I have lived in Fort Wayne for 25 years. I have lived in West Central Fort Wayne for 10 of those years while I put myself through college bartending then in Northrop's school district for another 8 years. My wife and her family went to North Side and grew up in the 08 while her dad pastored and still does down the street from The Fort. My wife has taught in FWCS for around 23 years. First at North Side then Ward then Elmhurst and now New Tech which part of Wayne. We moved Southwest because grandma works at Woodside and that worked best for our family with childcare. I get that you would still consider me an outsider. If you call having a passion to grow the sport and help young adults become better people through the sport of wrestling me wanting to be a hero so be it. Yes I have a passion and addictive personality.  I put my time and money where mouth is always and I will always put the kids first.  It wasn't the first or the last time I will be cussed at and it didn't offend me. All I was doing was giving facts on what I have personally see Ethan try to do and what I personally see would benefit the whole area the best. Coming at me sideways all the time isn't productive. I say the same thing about you. You have passion for the sport so we have something in common.

Also please elaborate on what you mean by gatekeepers? Do you mean coaches? Because this year alone I know of at least 4 coaching openings that were very hard to be filled in Northeast Indiana. Not just the SAC.

14 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

106. Ocampo Snider🔒

113. Benedict Homestead

120. Daring Luers

126. Sharp Snider

132. Doster New Haven

138. Lapsley Snider

145. Prochaska Snider

152. Russel Snider

160. Smith Snider

170. Arsini Homestead

182. Veazy Snider🔒

195. Daring Luers

220. Leal Snider

HWT. Dodson SniderBlack Panther Savage GIF by Casol

Killing Eve Gym GIF by BBC America

10 #1 seeds winning sectional!? Seems pretty chalk for the general. I don’t get the complaints. Its just predictions. Either make your own predictions, or have your guys win. These are kids we’re talking about that missed 2 days of school this week with the weather. Let’s just hope everyone is healthy makes weight and gets a fair opportunity to  wrestle it out. Critiquing predictions is the ultimate way for unnecessary forum arguments. 

16 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

I'm no stranger. I have lived in Fort Wayne for 25 years. I have lived in West Central Fort Wayne for 10 of those years while I put myself through college bartending then in Northrop's school district for another 8 years. My wife and her family went to North Side and grew up in 08 while her dad pastored and still does down the street from The Fort. My wife has taught in FWCS for around 23 years. First at North Side then Ward then Elmhurst and now New Tech which part of Wayne. We moved Southwest because grandma works at Woodside and that worked best for our family with childcare. I get that you would still consider me an outsider. If you call having a passion to grow the sport and help young adults become better people through the sport of wrestling me wanting to be a hero so be it. Yes I have a passion and addictive personality.  I put my time and money where mouth is always and I will always put the kids first.  It wasn't the first or the last time I will be cussed at and it didn't offend me. All I was doing was giving facts on what I have personally see Ethan try to do. Coming at me sideways all the time isn't productive. I say the same thing about you. You have passion for the sport so we have something in common.

I came at you direct you literally came at me sideways(1. To approach somebody with dishonest intentions. 2. To disrespect somebody, especially in their own house.. ) Andy cheer up: it's going to alright.  You are not from Fort Wayne. Northrop is not the inner city.  I'm not talking gentrification here.  The soil. Ground up. That's what we are.  It's funny to me Andy when someone is giving me the business you never jump to my defense, but have an assumption of decorum. Well I've known Ethan for years and I know already what I need to know. You telling me and vouching for a guy who cussed you out is all I need to know. But want me to believe you have no ill will when you jump on my line.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

41 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I came at you direct you literally came at me sideways(1. To approach somebody with dishonest intentions. 2. To disrespect somebody, especially in their own house.. ) Andy cheer up: it's going to alright.  You are not from Fort Wayne. Northrop is not the inner city.  I'm not talking gentrification here.  The soil. Ground up. That's what we are.  It's funny to me Andy when someone is giving me the business you never jump to my defense, but have an assumption of decorum. Well I've none Ethan for years and I know already what I need to know. You telling me and vouching for a guy who cussed you out is all I need to know. But want me to believe you have no ill will when you jump on my line.

I don't have time to look it up right now. But I know for sure I have come to your defense multiple times on this forum. But that doesn't matter. Know that I have 0 ill will towards you and my intent wasn't to provoke but to give some insight on what I see as someone trying to do their best in a situation that is just tough. Judge my character on not caring if someone said something to me that I should take offense to, that is fine. If I got in a fight or defriended someone over a disagreement that could have been handled better I would be in jail or have no friends. I wish I was from Fort Wayne but I am from the rough streets of Butler where railroad tracks are king.

3 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

I don't have time to look it up right now. But I know for sure I have come to your defense multiple times on this forum. But that doesn't matter. Know that I have 0 ill will towards you and my intent wasn't to provoke but to give some insight on what I see as someone trying to do their best in a situation that is just tough. Judge my character on not caring if someone said something to me that I should take offense to that is fine. If I got in a fight or defriended someone over a disagreement that could have been handled better I would be in jail or have no friends. I wish I was from Fort Wayne but I am from the rough streets of Butler where railroad tracks are king.

I don't go to Butler:ever.

Quick question. I consider North Side High School downtown and my wife says no way. Is that a deciding factor if I qualify as a Fort Waynian? Honest question we debate it all the time. I truly believe that is something people that grew up outside of Fort Wayne see differently. 

12 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Quick question. I consider North Side High School downtown and my wife says no way. Is that a deciding factor if I qualify as a Fort Waynian? Honest question we debate it all the time. I truly believe that is something people that grew up outside of Fort Wayne see differently. 

Northside is on the near Northside: thus the name. Any place north of Main is the Northside.

5 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Northside is on the near Northside: thus the name. Any place north of Main is the Northside.

So the Nortside of downtown? The downtown part is what she hammers me on.

22 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

it’s a thin line, but once you cross science central heading north you’re out north. Some will use the headwaters park as a marker too 

Edited by FWwrestling1996

7 hours ago, nkraus said:

106 Ocampo SN

113 Cooper NH

120 Kamphane HO

126 Sharp SN

132 Doster NH

138 Heisler HO

145 Elkins NH

152 Russell SN

160 Smith SN

170 Arsini HO

182 Veazy SN

195 Scott HO

220 Evans HO

285 Dodson SN

@GenHeavyHandz you can't "laugh" at my predictions :)  I'm right, you're wrong hahahahaha