Sectional seeding meetings

9 hours ago, MattM said:

The decision was either made after the Winter Bulletin was released or someone forgot to update it from last year because it still indicates Monday.

Page 78 of the Winter Bulletin 

X Pairings and Seeding
A. Sectional pairings and seeding will be made at 7:00 p.m. at the center school on the Wednesday preceding the
sectional tournament.

I am just speculating, but since the weight management program ends on Monday, Wednesday was the best possible day to have the meeting. If a team decided to have a meet on Monday, that would give us a whole day, Tuesday, to update records and head to head. Last year was the first year that the weight management program was extended to Monday.

14 minutes ago, XCard said:

I am just speculating, but since the weight management program ends on Monday, Wednesday was the best possible day to have the meeting. If a team decided to have a meet on Monday, that would give us a whole day, Tuesday, to update records and head to head. Last year was the first year that the weight management program was extended to Monday.

I'm pretty sure it had to be submitted today but the last weigh-in had to take place before today. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, bbulldog152 said:

I'm pretty sure it had to be submitted today but the last weigh-in had to take place before today. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Submitted today, yes. Look at each individual's weekly weight program, this week is #12 and you can enter a weight for today. The way I interpreted is an extra day for a qualifying green weigh-in. I may be wrong, and hope to be corrected if so.

13 hours ago, Pug said:

Page 78 of the Winter Bulletin 

X Pairings and Seeding
A. Sectional pairings and seeding will be made at 7:00 p.m. at the center school on the Wednesday preceding the
sectional tournament.

That was updated very recently.  Likely due to the questioning of the change.  

If you internet search and find a previous version of the 22-23 Bulletin posted via the IHSAA website the meeting date  show Monday. 

10/26 Edition

Pairings and Seeding
A. Sectional pairings and seeding will be made at 7:00 p.m. at the center school on the Monday preceding the sectional
tournament.

Point being that Wednesday was not the originally posted plan by the IHSAA, and it was not the norm from past year.  Thus why some people were unclear/uncertain. I’m sure the IHSAA sent something with the Sectional information to ADs and coaches. As usually, with any notable change in the process, it is always best to communicate as early as possible and make sure the change is noticeable. 

Edited by MattM

10 hours ago, XCard said:

Submitted today, yes. Look at each individual's weekly weight program, this week is #12 and you can enter a weight for today. The way I interpreted is an extra day for a qualifying green weigh-in. I may be wrong, and hope to be corrected if so.

That may have changed from last year then because I know last year the weigh-in had to take place before the Monday it was due. I know because the situation came up last year and we were told by the IHSAA that all weigh-ins had to take place before the Monday they had to be submitted.

20 minutes ago, Trev Young said:

Just that head-to-head doesn't really mean head to head...for our sectional anyway. 

That's what I've heard...how does anyone that reads what head to head means think it means anything other than head to head.  I've said it multiple times.  I've been a part of 27 conference and 27 sectional seeding meetings and it has NEVER meant what the guy on the call last night said it meant...EVER!  I'm dumbfounded.

11 minutes ago, Clint Gard said:

That's what I've heard...how does anyone that reads what head to head means think it means anything other than head to head.  I've said it multiple times.  I've been a part of 27 conference and 27 sectional seeding meetings and it has NEVER meant what the guy on the call last night said it meant...EVER!  I'm dumbfounded.

Care to elaborate???

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

Care to elaborate???

wrestler A is 6-1 against the sectional field at the weight class.

wrestler B is 3-0 against the field with a win over wrestler A.

Wrestler A is the one seed for having most wins against the sectional field. 

"wrestler with the most WINS against opponents in the bracket gets the one seed. It does not matter if Wrester A lost to wrestler B in the bracket as long as wrestler A has the most wins in the bracket. Wrestler A gets the seed."

2 minutes ago, Trev Young said:

"wrestler with the most WINS against opponents in the bracket gets the one seed. It does not matter if Wrester A lost to wrestler B in the bracket as long as wrestler A has the most wins in the bracket. Wrestler A gets the seed."

LOL I have never heard head to head explained like that.

2 minutes ago, Trev Young said:

I remember about 5 years ago that idea was a possible suggestion, wins agains the field that is. It was going to be after commons but before record on the criteria list, but it was never brought up again after that. 

Just now, bigballerb said:

LOL I have never heard head to head explained like that.

Same.  

So, you guys (OH) wrestle Miss in three duals, Eastbrook in 2 and MG in 2.

Thats 7 wins against the field for a lot of your guys. In most cases it won't matter if my guy beat yours at that western invite because we won't have that many "wins against the bracket". 

10 minutes ago, Trev Young said:

That's insane. I have a spreadsheet of what I think seeds will be for the Jay County sectional, and this would change a ton of my brackets, when really it should be pretty cut and dry.