Mason Parris

53 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

I agree with this 100%.

It is no coincidence that PSU has done what they have since Sanderson arrived. He is a master at adjustments and preparing & getting the most out of his wrestlers. Nick Lee vs Eierman is a prime example. 

But Parris's health is what I believe is the total difference from last year to this year. As you point out, Kerkvliet was employing the same technique last year & pretty much having his way with Parris. But this year when Kerkvliet got to his shots, Parris had the strength to fight them off.

The big question now is will Parris make adjustments to what kerkvliet is doing to thwart his offense, or will Kerkvliet (& Sanderson) make further adjustments to again turn the tide?

I am hoping that Parris will find the top of the podium, but I have to admit that I fear that Sanderson will find the answers that may very well get Kerkvliet to the top.

You and me both!!  

Another example to echo your point with PSU and Sanderson.  If you remember a few years ago, the first time or two they wrestled Austin Desanto beat RBY.  The 3rd match up, RBY kept his left hand almost behind his back so Desanto couldn't get to and control his wrist.  It stiffled AD's offense and RBY won, that and all their subsequent matches.  It's almost the opposite of Parris/Kerkvliet as both Parris and Desanto utilize an offense based on a dump series and moves off of it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...