Where Does Crown Point vs. Brownsburg Rank Among All-Time Rivalries in Indiana Wrestling History?

• blueandgold changed the title to Where Does Crown Point vs. Brownsburg Rank Among All-Time Rivalries in Indiana Wrestling History?
16 minutes ago, matts said:

What are/were some of the biggest?  Not just usual rivals...  wrestling specific.

Crown Point and Brownsburg

Delta and Cathedral

Beech Grove and Lawrence North

Others?

I personally got a chance to be involved in EMD and Perry Meridian. The two legendary programs have wrestled each other at both IHSAA Team State and IHSWCA Team State for a number of years with 2002, 2006, and 2015 likely being the most memorable for people.

Merrillville/Portage was a recent headknocker.

Mishawaka/Penn: then, now, forever.

An old team regional favorite of mine was Prairie Heights and Elkhart Memorial.

Dekalb/East Noble?

Morton/Gavit was good before the Hammond schools did their mash-up.

Chesterton/Crown Point two years ago.

If we are talking true team rivalries, then it’s Penn and Mishawaka. Whether it’s at the palace or in the cave and/or the new gym, the crowd is electric and it’s a packed house every dual. 

Brownsburg and CP is clearly the rivalry of recent history when competing for state titles.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, Darrick Snyder said:

In my opinion, to be a rivalry it has to go back and forth.  Crown Point has kicked us in the mouth the last couple of years. We need to actually beat them for this to be a rivalry.  

Snyder 

I disagree , it is a Slugfest every time BB and CP meet. I don't think the win/loss matters because every dual is competitive. I think BB will get theirs in the near future . 

On 1/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, tyquhp13 said:

Again to date myself. Portage V Hobart when they were in the DAC. In practice we would count out reps B-E-A-T H-O-B-A-R-T.  🙃

Yeah buddy I was on the 1999 Hobart team, that was a reeeaaaal rivalry. Sold out gyms. Yet, most of us hung out after high school and still have a lot of respect for each other. Remember, Portage was the cream of the crop in the mid/late ‘90s until we came along. Vlink’s Crown Point squad couldn’t touch us.  

3 hours ago, Jimmypock said:

Yeah buddy I was on the 1999 Hobart team, that was a reeeaaaal rivalry. Sold out gyms. Yet, most of us hung out after high school and still have a lot of respect for each other. Remember, Portage was the cream of the crop in the mid/late ‘90s until we came along. Vlink’s Crown Point squad couldn’t touch us.  

To this day I'm still friends with some of the guys from those teams teams. It has been fun to watch the younger generations compete while we still talk smack to each other.