**Rankings Update** Fort Wayne #4

Y2CJ41

I’d just like to say this may be the most talented pool of Ft. Wayne wrestlers I’ve ever had to rank in the last 7 years. Top ten really doesn’t do some weight’s depth(113, 120, 195) any justice as there are some very quality kids on the outside looking in. The top ten at 152-170 are absolute meatgrinders that could go plenty of different ways. The gap between being #5 and #10 is so marginal at over half the weights. 

Extra shout outs to:

The Maconaquah regional as a whole. A few years ago they were the butt of a lot of jokes on this forum, now they’re possibly the deepest of the four. Don’t think people want to draw into that #1 as much as they used to.

Freshman, who just seem to keep popping up on the radar more and more each week. I don’t have numbers for proof, but I’m feeling confident that this year probably has the most freshman I’ve ever put in the rankings/on the watch list.

Garrett, who seems to have a knack for “upsetting” kids with great resumes this year and giving me an aneurism trying to figure out what to do.

7 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

I’d just like to say this may be the most talented pool of Ft. Wayne wrestlers I’ve ever had to rank in the last 7 years. Top ten really doesn’t do some weight’s depth(113, 120, 195) any justice as there are some very quality kids on the outside looking in. The top ten at 152-170 are absolute meatgrinders that could go plenty of different ways. The gap between being #5 and #10 is so marginal at over half the weights. 

Extra shout outs to:

The Maconaquah regional as a whole. A few years ago they were the butt of a lot of jokes on this forum, now they’re possibly the deepest of the four. Don’t think people want to draw into that #1 as much as they used to.

Freshman, who just seem to keep popping up on the radar more and more each week. I don’t have numbers for proof, but I’m feeling confident that this year probably has the most freshman I’ve ever put in the rankings/on the watch list.

Garrett, who seems to have a knack for “upsetting” kids with great resumes this year and giving me an aneurism trying to figure out what to do.

A ton of those freshman put a bunch of work in during the off-season. If I wasn't seeing them training I was at least seeing them out and about competing. Another good freshman not quite on the radar yet is Wyatt Hoppes of Eastern. We are a couple years from seeing all the local opportunities really start to shine at the State level. From there in my opinion it starts rolling. 

4 hours ago, aoberlin said:

A ton of those freshman put a bunch of work in during the off-season. If I wasn't seeing them training I was at least seeing them out and about competing. Another good freshman not quite on the radar yet is Wyatt Hoppes of Eastern. We are a couple years from seeing all the local opportunities really start to shine at the State level. From there in my opinion it starts rolling. 

Lost to Uhlman 5-3 Saturday. Dude is tough

6 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Extra shout outs to:

Thanks for the shout out Caleb!

1 hour ago, nkraus said:

Thanks for the shout out Caleb!

Absolutely, tons of respect for the program. I may not have many Railroaders ranked currently, but history and results this year have shown you guys are dangerous and shouldn’t be overlooked.

14 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Extra shout outs to:

Also I think this is the most SAC guys you ranked ever.

5 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Also I think this is the most SAC guys you ranked ever.

I mean, I’ll call it how it is: the SAC schools haven’t always been the best at posting dual results heading into this season. Some years I’ll see a guy on the sectional bracket with a great record, but can only find a small handful of head to head results they’ve had on the year. It’s hard to rank someone when all you have is their name and a couple of results to go off of.

1 minute ago, Caleb Spires said:

I mean, I’ll call it how it is: the SAC schools haven’t always been the best at posting dual results heading into this season. Some years I’ll see a guy on the sectional bracket with a great record, but can only find a small handful of head to head results they’ve had on the year. It’s hard to rank someone when all you have is their name and a couple of results to go off of.

Understandable.  I can guarantee you this going forward: I won't keep you in the dark.  

On 1/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, Caleb Spires said:

Extra shout outs to:

This years freshman class has some ridiculous talent, and next years freshman class is no different.  Current 7th, 8th, and freshmen in the state of Indiana will be exciting to watch- lots of kids who have been putting in the work year in, year out since they got out of diapers.   

1 hour ago, Tcarter said:

This years freshman class has some ridiculous talent, and next years freshman class is no different.  Current 7th, 8th, and freshmen in the state of Indiana will be exciting to watch- lots of kids who have been putting in the work year in, year out since they got out of diapers.   

Good job on your NECC bracket busters this weekend!

I was at middle school state qualifier yesterday. (Plymouth) This 5-8th grade group coming up from Fort Wayne and the Northeast Corner is nails. You pair that with the resurgence of the Peru/Maconaquah regional, Delta’s youth hammers, rochesters youth, etc. and I truly believe we have some bright years ahead as a semi state. (and some really fun days at the Coliseum for the fans)