2024 Finals Location

awill0352

41 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Just did a search for Saturday, March 18. Pacers play 76ers at home on a Saturday night. Priceline says average hotel room in downtown Indy is $428, standard deviation of $95. That means expect to pay between $333 and $523 for a room. And that is a regular season home game, not an all-star weekend room.

And the day after St. Patrick's Day. (Not that I am arguing with the point you are trying to make)

34 minutes ago, trackgopher said:

And the day after St. Patrick's Day. (Not that I am arguing with the point you are trying to make)

Yes, just going for a "big event" weekend for comparison. My guess is NBA All-Star weekend will be able to match the crowd for St. Patrick's Day/Home game against the Sixers weekend.

2 hours ago, Brandon Barton said:

As someone that has lived in the Lafayette area for a long time, I wouldn't recommend that lodge to anyone that likes to sleep without worrying about their room getting broken into.

Brandon, that's a good point, but were trying to sell the pros to the IHSAA state site selection committee.   Let's not scare them away.  We need to sell point that we got a plethora of diverse reasonably priced hotels in the greater Lafayette area.     Still looks better then paying $900 a night as compared to Indy.  I just wouldn't recommend either bringing any valuable either to the Lincoln Lodge hotel.    Ill get with the Purdue contingent that we need to have extra security at some hotels that night and maybe a bed bug fog at certain hotels the week before.

Also just in, the Purdue contingent is upping their bid and now has an agreement with Bruno's to sell Bruno Bread at Purdue Concessions.   Working on Gibson Shaved Ice to open a booth.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

54 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

how many rooms at the Purdue Union would be available during that time frame?

Most of them, and the bowling alley at the Union would be open,  and Drew Brees's restaurant "Walk-ons" would have extended hours.   Like to see the Fort top that.

11 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Most of them, and the bowling alley at the Union would be open,  and Drew Brees's restaurant "Walk-ons" would have extended hours.   Like to see the Fort top that.

None of that can top the after party on Victory Bay.

But we have places like Coney Island, Powers Hamburgers, some solid BBQ, DeBrands chocolates, Don Halls, and more.

43 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

None of that can top the after party on Victory Bay.

But we have places like Coney Island, Powers Hamburgers, some solid BBQ, DeBrands chocolates, Don Halls, and more.

HMMMMM.  I always wanted to see Victory Bay.  Thats hard to beat.   And Im always on the search for good BBQ.   The drive isnt terrible to the Fort.  Better than the Evansville drive.  I did that last weekend.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

1 hour ago, aoberlin said:

Crazy this topic is going after I already told you it will be Evansville.

Let us dream.  Slow week.  We don't want to drive for 5 hours.  I can't decipher the dialects below Marion County.  I had designs on influencing the results by the shear decibels I can cheer at.  Now you want me to except that I'll be drowned out by those pesky Wildcat Fans? Sheesh!

8 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Was this info given before or after Purdue officially applied to host it? 

Purdue threw their hat into the ring late in the process per what I gathered while at the IHSAA. It sounded as if they had a location ready to finalize and Purdue made a strong late push that the IHSAA is considering.

25 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Purdue threw their hat into the ring late in the process per what I gathered while at the IHSAA. It sounded as if they had a location ready to finalize and Purdue made a strong late push that the IHSAA is considering.

So.... I shouldn't have used Priceline without insurance? 

Here is the secret, most of you will not like it but I try to fix a problem not complain about it. 

Keep Sectionals the same date.

Move Regionals to the following Wednesday, it is only 3 rounds.

Semi-State is the week of Regionals

State is the week of Semi State, 1 week before All Star Weekend and rooms are not $500.

You want it in the best Venue for the kids, this is the way to do it.  But like I said, people will complain instead of coming up with a solution.

17 minutes ago, julio said:

Here is the secret, most of you will not like it but I try to fix a problem not complain about it. 

Keep Sectionals the same date.

Move Regionals to the following Wednesday, it is only 3 rounds.

Semi-State is the week of Regionals

State is the week of Semi State, 1 week before All Star Weekend and rooms are not $500.

You want it in the best Venue for the kids, this is the way to do it.  But like I said, people will complain instead of coming up with a solution.

Wow, it's almost as if that has been addressed before. Are you really that dense or is this a schtick of yours?