2024 Finals Location

awill0352

It seems like there is some confusion about Ft Wayne info...

Either way, I wonder how long we will have to wait for Faulkens to release the information.  Once he does, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a run on hotel rooms.

Either place will be packed and will create a very fun atmosphere.. assuming you can get tickets!!!

On 2/19/2023 at 8:12 AM, navy80 said:

Indiana University would be an ideal location.. seats more than the Ford Center and closer for the North teams.

All the colleges are having games leading up to their playoffs too.  IU, Purdue,  Indiana State, Ball State, Notre Dame, Valparaiso, Butler  all have basketball commitments.  I am honestly surprised the GLVC is letting ISHAA entertain the thought of the Ford Center as a venue. 

50 minutes ago, Tobin Fortune said:

All the colleges are having games leading up to their playoffs too.  IU, Purdue,  Indiana State, Ball State, Notre Dame, Valparaiso, Butler  all have basketball commitments.  I am honestly surprised the GLVC is letting ISHAA entertain the thought of the Ford Center as a venue. 

Probably because The Ford Center knows wrestling state would pull in more people than GLVC or whatever University of Evansville or University of Southern Indiana would ever pull in for 2 days. Just my thoughts.

25 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Probably because The Ford Center knows wrestling state would pull in more people than GLVC or whatever University of Evansville or University of Southern Indiana would ever pull in for 2 days. Just my thoughts.

University Southern Indiana isn't even in the GLVC anymore.   What would they have to with the Ford Center?

6 hours ago, Tobin Fortune said:

The OVC is what you mean here and their tournament is in March, so it doesn't conflict.  And the OVC has zero control over what events are held there anyway.  

The only conflict could be the hockey team or UE Basketball/MVC, and I'm sure that could be worked out easily or the Ford Center would not have entered the discussion.

16 hours ago, awill0352 said:

I think he means MVC.  Which is the league for U of E.   USI has their own arena on campus and they are now in the OVC. 

The OVC tournament has been at the Ford Center for 5 or 6 years now.   I think that's what is being referred to.  But it is usually the first weekend in March, so it wouldn't be a conflict.  A UE home game might be.

I got a good relationship with Jim Irsay,  Ill go down and see if he could let the wrestling community borrow Lucas Oil for those two days.   Plenty of seating.   I think he likes wrestling.  Ill just give him  a big compliment on his Rock and Roll collection and were in. 

8 minutes ago, Wrestling Bill Walton said:

I got a good relationship with Jim Irsay,  Ill go down and see if he could let the wrestling community borrow Lucas Oil for those two days.   Plenty of seating.   I think he likes wrestling.  Ill just give him  a big compliment on his Rock and Roll collection and were in. 

Why not have it at Lucas Oil Stadium?
It is being used for All-Star festivities

9 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Enough, Indy ain't happening, Let's get creative - 

Hammond Civic Center

Worthen Arena

Genesis Convention Center

The WigWam

The ARC

7 classes in Evansville and 7 classes in FW. Wed-Thurs in Evansville and Fri-Sat Fort Wayne. That's what the IHSAA would love but know they wouldn't get away with.