2024 Finals Location

awill0352

4 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

I got a very reliable source told me at Sectionals, the Fort Wayne Colosseum  was willing to work with the IHSAA and work around the Komet game or move the game to a different weekend, but Faulkins just said to the Colosseum , "no,we have other options."

There goes 3,000 people that will not be able to attend!!!

Ticketmasters' stock will take a big hit with all the money they will lose on ticket Fees!!!!

Edited by Bulldog89

2 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

I got a very reliable source told me at Sectionals, the Fort Wayne Colosseum  was willing to work with the IHSAA and work around the Komet game or move the game to a different weekend, but Faulkins just said to the Colosseum , "no,we have other options."

Not sure what the situation is like at the Ford Center, but the Coliseum would not be good for being able to walk to restaurants and hotels. 

5 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

No surprise on that one.

1 hour ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Would be awesome as an MD fan. Go from not traveling at all with sectional, regionals and semi state all in Evansville.  Not to mention over 50% of the Ford Center would be MD fans alone if State Finals were there

You had to say that now it’s going to Fort Wayne 😄

1 hour ago, Anthony Snyder said:

Fort Wayne has hosted Team State. Might as well host individual State!! Premier venue for all fans and wrestlers. 

The Coliseum also hosted IHPO this year and it was great!

Edited by aoberlin

I don't think fans will be disappointed with the Ford Center. Plenty of restaurants to try, all good seating I can't speak for hotels but we have plenty. MD/Reitz/Central/Evansville North and the rest of us down here would make awesome hosts.

I and others can give you plenty of info on good places to eat, I really do think the venue is perfect.