Middle School State Qualifier Registration

Thor

I'm trying to see which of my wrestlers have already signed up for a regional qualifier for team state, but Track says the wrestler list won't be released til day before competition. Is there a reason for this? I have a club login and tried to see that, but our school has several different names you can register for and it's not a guarantee which one a wrestler used. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 10:03 AM, Thor said:

I'm trying to see which of my wrestlers have already signed up for a regional qualifier for team state, but Track says the wrestler list won't be released til day before competition. Is there a reason for this? I have a club login and tried to see that, but our school has several different names you can register for and it's not a guarantee which one a wrestler used. 

Reasoning?  Same reasoning that other tournaments don’t release the list/matrix.  They want you to register without knowing who or how many people are signed up.  Event organizers did this religiously pre-Covid and then relaxed it during Covid.   Now it’s back in full swing.  

In my experience, you can change the wrestlers team at the head table before the tournament starts.  It shouldn’t be a problem, if they are willing to work with you.  I’ve done it plenty of times…parents who sign their kids make mistakes. 

3 hours ago, julia2009 said:

Reasoning?  Same reasoning that other tournaments don’t release the list/matrix.  They want you to register without knowing who or how many people are signed up.  Event organizers did this religiously pre-Covid and then relaxed it during Covid.   Now it’s back in full swing.  

In my experience, you can change the wrestlers team at the head table before the tournament starts.  It shouldn’t be a problem, if they are willing to work with you.  I’ve done it plenty of times…parents who sign their kids make mistakes. 

Honestly I'm just knew to this and didn't think of that as an option. That does make a lot of sense and didn't know other tournaments didn't release team lists. My only interest is seeing if any of my kids have signed up without telling a coach. Which unfortunately is still zero as of now.