Team State draw

hogleg

4 minutes ago, hook and half said:

big cat, i agree with your assessment, however, i do not think it is much of a prize for PM being on CP's side of the bracket

I agree with that. But the thing is it should’ve been seeded CP, BB, CG, Md or Cathedral, Perry, Carmel, Penn. The worse part about MD draw is if we lose we would have to face Cathedral who I believe is a better team than Carmel and Perry as well

14 minutes ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

I agree with that. But the thing is it should’ve been seeded CP, BB, CG, Md or Cathedral, Perry, Carmel, Penn. The worse part about MD draw is if we lose we would have to face Cathedral who I believe is a better team than Carmel and Perry as well

Your prediction is a close dual with PM with a couple of swing matches. Can we get the prediction for EMD vs Cathedral? 

3 hours ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Is this going to be purely Track/Flo as well? Another event The Berne Witness would be able to cover 1A & 2A on 3 separate channels for all 3 Adams County schools.

The Berne Witness wouldn’t even cover the ACAC duals, not sure they’re going to go to Franklin…..

15 minutes ago, decbell1 said:

The Berne Witness wouldn’t even cover the ACAC duals, not sure they’re going to go to Franklin…..

I love the Berne Witness, and their coverage of postseason wrestling is excellent, but they still lack in normal reporting on wrestling. The only mention making team state was a one off sentence on an athlete of the week post. We lose in the last match against a ranked Cowan team and the only thing in the paper is South Adams falls to Cowan. Appreciate the articles in the democrat Dane. 

Love this draw for my Wildcats, Center Grover is a very beatable team. I fully believe that Schaefer will have the boys fired up. After sitting in the stands at the Holiday Classic, I was impressed with this Wildcat team. I would favor us in 8 matches against CG, bonus points will be huge but as I stated, very possible. Schaefer owns the purple bulldogs, after beating them in their own gym two years ago, I believe they will have their tails tucked in the semi's against us. Then in the finals, who knows, anything can happen. I can't wait for this weekend, should be a great day of wrestling, I'll be in the stands with my popcorn and tights if anyone wants to join me.

#BringBackTheTights

2 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Love this draw for my Wildcats, Center Grover is a very beatable team. I fully believe that Schaefer will have the boys fired up. After sitting in the stands at the Holiday Classic, I was impressed with this Wildcat team. I would favor us in 8 matches against CG, bonus points will be huge but as I stated, very possible. Schaefer owns the purple bulldogs, after beating them in their own gym two years ago, I believe they will have their tails tucked in the semi's against us. Then in the finals, who knows, anything can happen. I can't wait for this weekend, should be a great day of wrestling, I'll be in the stands with my popcorn and tights if anyone wants to join me.

#BringBackTheTights

We simply don't have the horses to beat Brownsburg.  Unfortunately we will give up way too many bonus points and that match up will be lopsided.

I think the CG/MD match could be a toss up.  I need to look at the CG lineup a bit more to confirm.

EDIT:

I looked closer at the match ups.  On paper (state rankings) CG should win comfortably.  A few swing matches that go in MD's favor and it could get interesting.

Edited by ReformedPoster

12 hours ago, decbell1 said:

True, but the timing of the ACAC duals and NE 8 duals suck for teams with competitive football teams. Be nice to do right before the individual conference tournaments. Wondering if it's more to do with Seth & Denny's availability as well as others. Doesn't help when my employer in Adams County stopped doing ads in all newspapers/webcasts and WZBD. I know Seth would stop in and he hasn't since my boss didn't renew. 

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

We simply don't have the horses to beat Brownsburg.  Unfortunately we will give up way too many bonus points and that match up will be lopsided.

I think the CG/MD match could be a toss up.  I need to look at the CG lineup a bit more to confirm.

EDIT:

I looked closer at the match ups.  On paper (state rankings) CG should win comfortably.  A few swing matches that go in MD's favor and it could get interesting.

I full believe we earned the seed we were given, I think it will much better to be on the bottom side of the bracket than the top side. I don't feel like anyone has a chance beating #1 & #2, but the rest of the seedings will be able to battle it out IMO. MD will have their work cut out for them in CG. Great teams, and I hope that MD can come out with some bonus points from wrestlers that are able to do so. Bonus points will be a big factor in winning each dual, we cannot just go out and try to win. I know bonus points are the name of the game for Team State, but I think MD will have to push themselves to that point come Team State time. 

#BringBackTheTights

1 hour ago, BIGCATSontheMAT said:

Can anyone do a matchup prediction. MD vs CG. I’d be curious to see a prediction of this

Fill in the blanks

Weight Mater Dei Score Center Grove Score Toss-Up
106     #19/NR Justus Thrasher    
113 NR/NR Eli Randolph   #6/#5 Charlie Larocca    
120 #6/#3 Isaiah Schaefer   #12/#4 Eddie Goss    
126 #2/#1 Evan Seng   #9/#3 Hyatt Yeager    
132     NR/NR Ethan Day    
138 #14/NR Tyler Vanover   #3/#4 Reese Courtney    
145 NR/NR Gabriel Voegel   #3/#1 Wyatt Krejsa    
152 #3/#1 Hunter May   #11/#5 Silas Stits    
160 #15/#5 Joey Pierre   #7/#7 Andre Merritt    
170 NR/NR Spencer Turner   #4/#2 Noah Clouser    
182     #6/#1 Julian Weems    
195 #14/#5 Clay Martin   #6/#4 Kaden McConnell    
220     #6/#2 Nate Johnson    
285 NR/NR Austin Vanover   #8/#2 Tyler Schott    

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Fill in the blanks

132     NR/NR Ethan Day    

46-10 CG over MD

Edited by SIwrestling

23 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Fill in the blanks

132     NR/NR Ethan Day    

106- David Alstadt

132- Brendan Elpers

182- Drew Schapker

195- Austin Maroni

220- Clay Martin

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Fill in the blanks

106 NR/NR David Altstadt   #19/NR Justus Thrasher    
132 NR/NR Brendan Elpers   NR/NR Ethan Day    
182 NR/NR Drew Schapker   #6/#1 Julian Weems    
195 NR/NR Alex Maroni   #6/#4 Kaden McConnell    
220 #14/#5 Clay Martin   #6/#2 Nate Johnson    

Sheesh... MD definitely has their work cut out for them... CG looks SOLID on paper. 

#BringBackTheTights

1 hour ago, Cricket21 said:

Sheesh... MD definitely has their work cut out for them... CG looks SOLID on paper. 

#BringBackTheTights

1 hour ago, Cricket21 said:

#BringBackTheTights

Yeah, MD will do very well to if they win 4-5 matches . 

I think in 4A,  Perry has the fewest state ranked wrestlers with 5 . Followed by Penn with 6 and MD with 6 . Cathedral 8 and Carmel 9 . I'm sure CG , BB and CP all have 10 +

Edited by M109R

16 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Fill in the blanks

132     NR/NR Ethan Day    

It appears Johnson and Kresja are not on their team state roster. If they are truly out the dual becomes that much closer.

13 minutes ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

It appears Johnson and Kresja are not on their team state roster. If they are truly out the dual becomes that much closer.

I would concur, losing those two is a big blow. However, I take the rosters input into the system with a grain of salt until they weigh-in. There are some intriguing weights associated with some kids and others missing that have me curious.

Luckily, Mike and I will do a deep dive into the event on Thursday's Gorilla Radio.

4 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I would concur, losing those two is a big blow. However, I take the rosters input into the system with a grain of salt until they weigh-in. There are some intriguing weights associated with some kids and others missing that have me curious.

Luckily, Mike and I will do a deep dive into the event on Thursday's Gorilla Radio.

The Podcast from 10,000 Leagues

Fun day as a wrestling fan. I know everyone would love to see all 4 classes in one venue, but I'd settle for 2/3 venues as long as 1A & 2A would be paired together. Sure would help out WZBD & WPGW. Especially when AC, Bellmont, South Adams, Norwell, Bluffton, Jay County, & Garrett making up parts of those brackets this year.