Purdue Wrestling

12 hours ago, Disco said:

After going back through this thread I fount the 1st , initial post. And…….,
I don’t know where there was any “hate” about the IU program. 
There was facts of records and observations about the program that still stand, as far as I’m concerned. But not hate. The same for the PU program. We all want to keep the instate programs in an upward trajectory. This is what this web site is for. Observing and sharing opinions. But it isn’t the same as hate.  

There were a few calling for Erslands head on a separate post. I think, personally that IU and PU are on the same trajectory. It's hard when the top in-state talent goes to PSU,MU and OSU but Angel and Tony are building fighters. That will pay off.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:55 AM, Disco said:

This is the terps second dual win since joining the conference. So good for them. PU needs to get back on the recruiting trail. 

Purdue has a very strong class coming in, but they are down bad right now. Lost to Northwestern and their only two wins were forfeits. I am willing to buy that this is a transition year, but it has been rough. Worst team in the Big Ten. A lot of young guys in starter spots that definitely not ready yet. Injuries have hurt, as Thomas Penola was an AA threat and Jake Null would've been a solid starter. Just those two probably get a few more Big Ten wins. Matt Ramos and Kendall Coleman are the only guys saving my sanity with this awful season. 

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Matt Ramos and Kendall Coleman are the only guys saving my sanity with this awful season. 

Lol, I hear this. Seems like neither state programs can keep any traction in the conference. Now we have IU making a little run out of the basement and Purdue stepped right where the Hoosiers left off. The pendulum is swinging the other direction for each team. I mean it ain’t nothing to brag about for either team. But man, both programs can’t progress to ,and maintain ,a middle conference position until they show the high school recruits that they can keep the in state elite. Everything is national now for recruits, they see our big boys fleeing PU and IU. You don’t think that has a double edge sword impact on the recruiting process. And I know it’s not because Erstland and Escobedo haven’t been trying. 

1 hour ago, beaner2 said:

Purdue will finish ahead of IU at the NCAAs, they have 3 potential AAs.  IU only has one. I like both programs, and wish them both well.

Washington is a long shot for Indiana, if that’s who you  are referring to as Indianas potential. I say zero for Hoosiers. Don’t know about Boilers 

41 minutes ago, Disco said:

Washington is a long shot for Indiana, if that’s who you  are referring to as Indianas potential. I say zero for Hoosiers. Don’t know about Boilers 

I said "potential". DJ is an enigma, he's capable of beating a top 5 or sadly losing in the the opening round.