Most Impressive over the holiday

@casualwrestlingfan It appears that you are basing your opinion of the way that Ohio looks at Indiana on message boards. Which I get… you love dem message boards!!! Get off that border and get to dem tournaments. Leave that Yappi alone!!!  Dem fools are fools.

With that said, @ontherise219 has had actual conversations with actual people in the know. He clearly has been told that the people who matter do respect and are in fact impressed with our top level guys and programs. 

Also.. my son wrestles in college in Ohio. My car logs thousands of miles to Ohio every year. All of his teammates know of our top programs and how tough our top guys are. One of his teammates was the middle school ranker for Rokfin. He would send me text weekly asking about our top middle school guys. 

I have been to Brecksville many years and have seen all of the Indiana champs win it in person. Everytime I have went, I have had national rankers and college coaches ask about Indiana guys. I have sat there a heard the table workers have conversations about how they are impressed with the Indiana boys (paid table workers not kids). 

There is not a month that goes by that I don’t have a D1 coach from Ohio text me to ask about Indiana guys. I stay in contact with a D1 coach who’s dad happens to run the St.Ed’s program. I can say without a doubt that they are impressed by our top guys and respect us. Just was we are impressed and respect them. 

As far as St Ed’s and Graham guys. Our top guys have been wrestling those guys since they were little kids. I’ve been in Cleveland when @tigrreapr56 put together a yourh team and beat StEds in their own house. I’ve been to tournament of Champions when Indiana kids have won it. I’ve been to Toledo when the Indiana kids were battling for a national middle school title. I’ve been to Medina and watched our kids battle at their holiday tournament. I’ve been to Mason Ohio and watched our best elementary kids wrestle ohios best. I’ve been to Heartland and Kingsport and watched our youth take it to Ohio. Like @ontherise219 I was at carnahan. Was at Ironman too. We impressed there. 

My oldest son even wrestled for Ohio mafia in middle and high school. They could have taken Ohio kids but put my son and @TeamGarcias sons on the team, because they were impressed. 

Bottom line.. you can have the opinion that the fine folks of Ohio are not impressed with our guys. But.. I have about 20 years of actual experience of going over their and being told that they are impressed (from people who actually matter) with our wrestling in Indiana. 

Now… with all of that said! We do not have the depth that Ohio does. But.. that all comes down to population. As a 1a guy @casualwrestlingfan I’m sure that you can relate. Ohio goes much deeper then us. They just have more wrestlers and a deeper pool. But.. our top guys and programs are right up their with theirs. 

i think you opinion in this matter is wrong. Just like you think @TeamGarcia is wrong. With all of this said.. this is all in fun (I hope). Great conversation men. 

Edited by Mattyb

12 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

@casualwrestlingfan It appears that you are basing your opinion of the way that Ohio looks at Indiana on message boards. Which I get… you love dem message boards!!! Get off that border and get to dem tournaments. Leave that Yappi alone!!! 

With that said, @ontherise219 has had actual conversations with actual people in the know. He clearly has been told that the people who matter do respect and are in fact impressed with our top level guys and programs. 

Also.. my son wrestles in college in Ohio. My car logs thousands of miles to Ohio every year. All of his teammates know of our top programs and how tough our top guys are. One of his teammates was the middle school ranker for Rokfin. He would send me text weekly asking about our top middle school guys. 

I have been to Brecksville many years and have seen all of the Indiana champs win it in person. Everytime I have went, I have had national rankers and college coaches ask about Indiana guys. I have sat there a heard the table workers have conversations about how they are impressed with the Indiana boys (paid table workers not kids). 

There is not a month that goes by that I don’t have a D1 coach from Ohio text me to ask about Indiana guys. I stay in contact with a D1 coach who’s dad happens to run the St.Ed’s program. I can say without a doubt that they are impressed by our top guys and respect us. Just was we are impressed and respect them. 

As far as St Ed’s and Graham guys. Our top guys have been wrestling those guys since they were little kids. I’ve been in Cleveland when @tigrreapr56 put together a yourh team and beat StEds in their own house. I’ve been to tournament of Champions when Indiana kids have won it. I’ve been to Toledo when the Indiana kids were battling for a national middle school title. I’ve been to Medina and watched our kids battle at their holiday tournament. I’ve been to Mason Ohio and watched our best elementary kids wrestle ohios best. I’ve been to Heartland and Kingsport and watched our youth take it to Ohio. Like @ontherise219 I was at carnahan. Was at Ironman too. We impressed there. 

My oldest son even wrestled for Ohio mafia in middle and high school. They could have taken Ohio kids but put my son and @TeamGarcias sons on the team, because they were impressed. 

Bottom line.. you can have the opinion that the fine folks of Ohio are not impressed with our guys. But.. I have about 20 years of actual experience of going over their and being told that they are impressed (from people who actually matter) with our wrestling in Indiana. 

Now… with all of that said! We do not have the depth that Ohio does. But.. that all comes down to population. As a 1a guy @casualwrestlingfan I’m sure that you can relate. Ohio goes much deeper then us. They just have more wrestlers and a deeper pool. But.. our top guys and programs are right up their with theirs. 

i think you opinion in this matter is wrong. Just like you think @TeamGarcia is wrong. With all of this said.. this is all in fun (I hope). Great conversation men. 

Probably so with my Yappi "friends". I always poke them that we have 1 true champ instead of 3! Yeah depth is a big issue in comparison. Good to know that those who matter in Bucknut land (Go Blue in football and Ski U Mah in wrestling btw) are showing IN HS wrestling respect. I do need to get back to the bigger tournament scene to observe and hopefully hear those praises instead.

New project is currently to build up a brand new wrestling program that's D3 or 1A equivalent at a big basketball school in Ohio. Big thing is getting kids to try the sport. Maybe this year the HS(year 3 if Im not mistaken) will get their 1st state qualifier. The goal is to also improve the other D3s & couple D2s that have been around whether they are new as well or have some history. Also would love to partner with our local Indiana schools that are 1A & 2A to make both sides better. Thankfully @aoberlin started The Fort as well as having IN Tech's WRTC. Hoping our youth will get to those locations this summer!

Also to clarify, the Perrysburg comments are just a joke. I have huge respect for their program and hoping they could possibly knock off St Ed's. If you aren't familiar, outside of Graham the western part of Ohio is often overlooked as the OH/PA line is more vociferous. Obviously also respect CP, Brownsburg, & MD myself just to clear that up before I hear from their respective fans. To me those are the standards of IN wrestling currently. 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

samuel l jackson GIF

Your test is to give a predicted score for Horn vs Timar since you didn't answer the 4-1 result earlier 😁. You must also predict Horn vs Landis, and Dickman vs Landis and then rank all 4 of them and must show your work in full for results & subsequent rankings. Good luck as you have 30 minutes 🤣 (jk). It's been a fun time and you know I had to have Thor's back!

intro-1551453150.jpg

46 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Your test is to give a predicted score for Horn vs Timar since you didn't answer the 4-1 result earlier 😁. You must also predict Horn vs Landis, and Dickman vs Landis and then rank all 4 of them and must show your work in full for results & subsequent rankings. Good luck as you have 30 minutes 🤣 (jk). It's been a fun time and you know I had to have Thor's back!

intro-1551453150.jpg

Dang …. Times up, I’m the worst make believe test taker EVER ! Look at poor Thanos. Just someone that wants balance. 

Bah ! I don’t talk about kids or results on here . Never have, never will in my 10 Notorious years causing poster havoc on this website. Go ahead and look at my 500+ posts .

That’s how you get a one way ticket to the BAN asylum, just ask a few that have . Hold on ….. We’re waiting on a response. 

ohhhhhh wait … they can’t respond . 

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT, even Lloyd Christmas & Harry know thats a NO NO here . 

Dumb And Dumber Ketchup GIF 

Cant believe you try to get The Peoples Champ LOCK UP ! I’m the voice of The  People. 

Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Cant believe you try to get The Peoples Champ LOCK UP ! I’m the voice of The  People. 

Let me edit this for you since Joe wouldn’t let me edit your actual post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Cant believe you would try to get The Purple's Champ LOCKED UP ! I’m the voice of The Purple.

____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

3 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Let me edit this for you since Joe would let me edit your actual post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Cant believe you would try to get The Purple's Champ LOCKED UP ! I’m the voice of The Purple.

____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lmao… 

Joe Biden GIF by CBS News 
unbelievable, unacceptable, Wrong ! 

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

#TheCounty and its MILLIONS of Wrestling Fans ! 😊

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Dang …. Times up, I’m the worst make believe test taker EVER ! Look at poor Thanos. Just someone that wants balance. 

Bah ! I don’t talk about kids or results on here . Never have, never will in my 10 Notorious years causing poster havoc on this website. Go ahead and look at my 500+ posts .

That’s how you get a one way ticket to the BAN asylum, just ask a few that have . Hold on ….. We’re waiting on a response. 

ohhhhhh wait … they can’t respond . 

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT, even Lloyd Christmas & Harry know thats a NO NO here . 

Dumb And Dumber Ketchup GIF 

Notorious 

Just noticing that kid has a 49ers shirt! I'm a big 49ers fan and he somewhat looks like I did back then.

kid-stirring-pot.jpg

Edited by casualwrestlingfan

Laurence Fishburne Pop GIF by ABC Network
Stephen A. Smith right !
I can hear & feel it from east & west from the North to the South to the #Statelines of Ohio to the #Statelines of Kentucky to #Statelines of Illinois to the #Statelines of Michigan. They’re all around me . 

Try Again 

8 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Laurence Fishburne Pop GIF by ABC Network
Stephen A. Smith right !
I can hear & feel it from east & west from the North to the South to the #Statelines of Ohio to the #Statelines of Kentucky to #Statelines of Illinois to the #Statelines of Michigan. They’re all around me . 

Try Again 

walls-closing-in.jpg

7 hours ago, Mattyb said:

@casualwrestlingfan It appears that you are basing your opinion of the way that Ohio looks at Indiana on message boards. Which I get… you love dem message boards!!! Get off that border and get to dem tournaments. Leave that Yappi alone!!!  Dem fools are fools.

Y'all get under my skin sometimes: But I must concur with your ever so eloquent soliloquy.

1543593551_2022-11-12(171).png

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Momma2Dickmans said:

How did this prediction work for you? 

Yea….. @Momma2Dickmans you’re having a conversation with what I call “Cricket Posters” . 

Since Im not one of those I’ll be the first to say Congrats to Rev ! Made it look easy this weekend . Didn’t allow a takedown . Congrats Rev on a Fantastic season . Not bad being a Ironman Placer and comeback home being a IHSAA State Champ as well in one season . Is he the First ? Idk, probably but won’t be last either . Just hope Indiana Wrestling wakes up now . 

WELL DONE CHAMP 

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

PS … I’m still looking for my favorite Avenger  @Thor . Where is my buddy ? 

48 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Yea….. @Momma2Dickmans you’re having a conversation with what I call “Cricket Posters” . 

Since Im not one of those I’ll be the first to say Congrats to Rev ! Made it look easy this weekend . Didn’t allow a takedown . Congrats Rev on a Fantastic season . Not bad being a Ironman Placer and comeback home being a IHSAA State Champ as well in one season . Is he the First ? Idk, probably but won’t be last either . Just hope Indiana Wrestling wakes up now . 

WELL DONE CHAMP 

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

PS … I’m still looking for my favorite Avenger  @Thor . Where is my buddy ? 

First congrats to Dickman. Kid is a hammer and the only reason he’s not a lock as a future four timer is all the young hammers coming up with him.

I never said Dickman wouldn’t win, no one was ever disrespecting Dickman. I only argued the rankings since Horn had the recent head to head and your logic of him having a tougher schedule was the only reasoning you had for him being ranked over a loss he took. 

At first I was just arguing rankings, but my biggest issue I had with you is how you went on and on about how Dickman and Brownsburg were super disrespected. Dude, your guys have your own beat writer on this sight. You thinking Brownsburg was disrespected is like the Chiefs and Georgia claiming no one believed in them. 

What probably pisses me off the most are all the Brownsburg posters on here puffing their chests out about their program, when they’re all involved with a big rich school that can afford a $100 million expansion for the school, with a lot obviously going to the wrestling program. Basically bragging about all the opportunities Brownsburg has, while schools like South Adams operate out of a closet, have no support, and still have to wrestle the same sport as you guys. I’ll admit I’m jealous of the opportunity Brownsburg has and the resources poured into the program. I’m just tired of my rich neighbor complaining that the caviar is t fresh enough. 

Again congrats to Dickman, wish him all the best the next three years. 

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

First congrats to Dickman. Kid is a hammer and the only reason he’s not a lock as a future four timer is all the young hammers coming up with him.

I never said Dickman wouldn’t win, no one was ever disrespecting Dickman. I only argued the rankings since Horn had the recent head to head and your logic of him having a tougher schedule was the only reasoning you had for him being ranked over a loss he took. 

At first I was just arguing rankings, but my biggest issue I had with you is how you went on and on about how Dickman and Brownsburg were super disrespected. Dude, your guys have your own beat writer on this sight. You thinking Brownsburg was disrespected is like the Chiefs and Georgia claiming no one believed in them. 

What probably pisses me off the most are all the Brownsburg posters on here puffing their chests out about their program, when they’re all involved with a big rich school that can afford a $100 million expansion for the school, with a lot obviously going to the wrestling program. Basically bragging about all the opportunities Brownsburg has, while schools like South Adams operate out of a closet, have no support, and still have to wrestle the same sport as you guys. I’ll admit I’m jealous of the opportunity Brownsburg has and the resources poured into the program. I’m just tired of my rich neighbor complaining that the caviar is t fresh enough. 

Yea…. I just wanted to say 👋🏾. How’s it going up north ? Thought I lost ya on here . You know blocking info I gave a poster, thought you might’ve gave ol’TeamGarcia the hook . Hope all is well. I see where you’re coming from on all your points . Love your views . Btw…. In the 3rd paragraph I might of seen lil’bity lightning bolts . 😊 all good !

20 hours ago, Thor said:

Yep, this is what most do not realize about the FW semi state. We have wrestlers who do much more than wrestling in schools that are much smaller. The schools that carried the semi state back in the day are very much smaller than the likes of Brownsburg, Crown Point, and Center Grove. Hell if we combine all 3 Adams County schools we may still be smaller than the big schools down by Indy. I'll take having 3 straight 1A football appearances in the finals with maybe a 4th this upcoming fall with some qualifiers and maybe a couple placers at this point from our county. Also take the 1A team dual results for AC & SA going above their seeds. Bellmont has done well in 2A as of late even being a former shell of themselves. Plus the baseball teams have had a little success too. We will keep feeding the country with crops & livestock as well!

5 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Yep, this is what most do not realize about the FW semi state. We have wrestlers who do much more than wrestling in schools that are much smaller. The schools that carried the semi state back in the day are very much smaller than the likes of Brownsburg, Crown Point, and Center Grove. Hell if we combine all 3 Adams County schools we may still be smaller than the big schools down by Indy. I'll take having 3 straight 1A football appearances in the finals with maybe a 4th this upcoming fall with some qualifiers and maybe a couple placers at this point from our county. Also take the 1A team dual results for AC & SA going above their seeds. Bellmont has done well in 2A as of late even being a former shell of themselves. Plus the baseball teams have had a little success too. We will keep feeding the country with crops & livestock as well!

Bellmont, Adams Central, and South Adams added together would be less than 1,500. Brownsburg and Center Grove would be close to or more than double that. 

29 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

That's a huge issue as I'm trying to figure out our offseason schedule right now. Of everyone on our high school and middle school teams, I only know of four guys that aren't in a spring sport. Two of them work, and the other two are freshmen that might end up doing a sport. So now I need to figure out when to start, or if any guys doing track or baseball would also want to get a wrestling workout in every week. And then the second spring sports gets out, I have to schedule around football and cross country as best I can. All while having to make sure the gym is available since we won't have our new wrestling space til the fall. 

Just now, Thor said:

That's a huge issue as I'm trying to figure out our offseason schedule right now. Of everyone on our high school and middle school teams, I only know of four guys that aren't in a spring sport. Two of them work, and the other two are freshmen that might end up doing a sport. So now I need to figure out when to start, or if any guys doing track or baseball would also want to get a wrestling workout in every week. And then the second spring sports gets out, I have to schedule around football and cross country as best I can. All while having to make sure the gym is available since we won't have our new wrestling space til the fall. 

Yes, I'm trying to figure something out for my youth kids in Ohio. I'd love to get some of the Indiana coaches to get their hands on them. Think they'd realize what I've learned from those guys is what I'm trying to teach them. 

21 hours ago, Thor said:

• @Thor, not all Brownsburg posters brag.
  • The number of students on free and reduced lunch programs, which is an indicator of socioeconomic conditions of school age kids, would really surprise you.  
  • It is nice to have a school system administrator that believes in funding curricular AND co-curricular activities. Brownsburg is a 4 star school and consistently ranks high in state standardized test scores which generates a lot of interest in moving to the area.

My kids showed me a TikTok that's going around about Carmel high school, now that's really impressive...

11 minutes ago, indypharmd said:
  • @Thor, not all Brownsburg posters brag.
  • The number of students on free and reduced lunch programs, which is an indicator of socioeconomic conditions of school age kids, would really surprise you.  
  • It is nice to have a school system administrator that believes in funding curricular AND co-curricular activities. Brownsburg is a 4 star school and consistently ranks high in state standardized test scores which generates a lot of interest in moving to the area.

My kids showed me a TikTok that's going around about Carmel high school, now that's really impressive...

I gotta add something here … NEVER ONCE have I brag about Brownsburg. My whole issue I had with these rankings at the time was unjustified for Revin and his credentials at that point in his schedule. JS . 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Run on