Joe Burvan Holiday Duals

gonzoron

Southport and Decatur Central left after day one in anticipation of weather.  Glad that West Central was able to step in as a backup to fill one of the spots.  So ultimately we had 4 team state qualifiers there at the end.  

RC, Cascade and Hamilton Heights went toe to toe.  It was a lot of fun.

On 12/21/2022 at 8:01 PM, TrainingElite said:

Round 2: Hamilton Heights over Rensselaer Central 36-33.

Round 3: Rensselaer Central over Cascade 43-27. 

Rensselaer over Cascade 42-27. Was a great dual. Swing matches decided it!

Great 2 days of wrestling and as was said, thank you to West Central for stepping in for Decatur Central so that we were able to get 9 matches.

Thank you to Rensselaer Central for hosting a great event can’t wait to be back next year!

17 hours ago, hogleg said:

Southport and Decatur Central left after day one in anticipation of weather.  Glad that West Central was able to step in as a backup to fill one of the spots.  So ultimately we had 4 team state qualifiers there at the end.  

RC, Cascade and Hamilton Heights went toe to toe.  It was a lot of fun.

Congrats to Jordan Cree on getting his 100th career win during the tournament. Classy young man. Here he is watching another 285 bout with Mason Moran who he had pinned earlier in 1:50

IMG_0632.jpg

Was a fun two days of wrestling. We were also able to host our first ever girls wrestling tournament in the morning of Day 1 before the Varsity Duals started. We had over 70 girls from 9 different schools and every girl got 4-5 matches!

Big Thanks to all the coaches and teams for coming up to Rensselaer and making this event a tough and competitive two days of wrestling!

The three duals between Cascade, Heights, and Rensselaer were awesome. All three duals came down to the final matches. Like Coach Harris said, they came down to swing matches and Bonus points! Love these matches in preparation for Team State in a couple of weeks!

If my Aunt had nuts she would be my Uncle

I believe Cascade was without one of their better kids too.  I'm not going into the issues Rensselaer had so we don't tip our hand before team state.  Nobody is 100% healthy right now.  That's what happens when you take part in a combat sport during cold and flu season

Did you really make an account to come here and make this your first post on a topic that was very positive until this point?  I normally don't say too much here, but this is just ridiculous.  

Edited by hogleg
spelling

4 hours ago, Former141pounder said:

I was sitting next to the Hamilton Heights fans.  They had two JV and had to give up 195 due to sickness.  Heights would have crushed those teams if healthy.  But they were fun matches.  Watch out for their 182.  He looks like the real deal

Heights has FF 195 all year unless Tilton was there. Everyone has JV kids funneling in and out of the line up. You show up and compete with the kids you have.

Grow up. 

This was a great event with great teams that put their toes on the line and got after it on the mat. A great warm up for team state!

4 hours ago, Former141pounder said:

I was sitting next to the Hamilton Heights fans.  They had two JV and had to give up 195 due to sickness.  Heights would have crushed those teams if healthy.  But they were fun matches.  Watch out for their 182.  He looks like the real deal

the kid mero crying GIF by Desus & Mero

18 hours ago, bomber_bob said:

Was a fun two days of wrestling. We were also able to host our first ever girls wrestling tournament in the morning of Day 1 before the Varsity Duals started. We had over 70 girls from 9 different schools and every girl got 4-5 matches!

Big Thanks to all the coaches and teams for coming up to Rensselaer and making this event a tough and competitive two days of wrestling!

The three duals between Cascade, Heights, and Rensselaer were awesome. All three duals came down to the final matches. Like Coach Harris said, they came down to swing matches and Bonus points! Love these matches in preparation for Team State in a couple of weeks!

I was impressed with the grit that the Kokomo kids brought to the mat!  Unfortunately, they had some gaps in their lineup on day two, but I thought all in all their squad looked good. 

3 minutes ago, TrainingElite said:

I was impressed with the grit that the Kokomo kids brought to the mat!  Unfortunately, they had some gaps in their lineup on day two, but I thought all in all their squad looked good. 

They may have multiple kids on the podium at state this year

7 minutes ago, TrainingElite said:

Kokomo is a solid team. We wrestled them last year in a tough dual. A few kids missing weight definitely hurt them on day 2.

5 hours ago, hogleg said:

If my Aunt had nuts she would be my Uncle

I believe Cascade was without one of their better kids too.  I'm not going into the issues Rensselaer had so we don't tip our hand before team state.  Nobody is 100% healthy right now.  That's what happens when you take part in a combat sport during cold and flu season

Did you really make an account to come here and make this your first post on a topic that was very positive until this point?  I normally don't say too much here, but this is just ridiculous.  

Must be from Rensselaer or cascade.  My nephew wrestles for Frankfort and got beat by everyone pretty much.    I watched the matches and was sitting next to a couple of HH parents and heard the stories.   Sorry you are so triggered by my post.  Must happen to you a lot if someone has an opinion.  Typical of these times 

26 minutes ago, Former141pounder said:

Must be from Rensselaer or cascade.  My nephew wrestles for Frankfort and got beat by everyone pretty much.    I watched the matches and was sitting next to a couple of HH parents and heard the stories.   Sorry you are so triggered by my post.  Must happen to you a lot if someone has an opinion.  Typical of these times 

Big fan of the Bombers here since Mrs MattyB graduated from there. And my nephew (adopted redheaded step) coaches Cascade. 

With that said… it’s all in good fun. But… better bring it on this board or you will get hammered. Welcome to the forum! 

Also… HH has a coach who is a living legend here in Indiana. They are very tough.

Everyone just busting your chops! 

32 minutes ago, Former141pounder said:

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

26 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

They had the stories completely wrong IF they were HH parents. And I can guarantee that no HH parents were making any excuses. Why even come in here and spread this crap?

Thank you @gonzoron you guys have a great group! Hope to see success from your guys in the coming weeks!