Penn vs Mishawaka

M109R

List the greatest memories of the backyard Brawl- Lets avoid saying names!

1. Favorite of all time! 1996 my freshman year. Penn 189lb has a cheap shot at the end of the match and all chaos erupts. Both benches clear fans running out of the cave. Got to love the days before social media. 

Just now, crosstownrivals said:

List the greatest memories of the backyard Brawl- Lets avoid saying names!

1. Favorite of all time! 1996 my freshman year. Penn 189lb has a cheap shot at the end of the match and all chaos erupts. Both benches clear fans running out of the cave. Got to love the days before social media. 

You wrestled in the 1900's? Damn you're old!

1. back in 2006ish when a Mishawaka wrestler won and did a loop around the new gym firing up the capacity crowd of over a thousand fans. (may have been a hand gesture to a certain crowd?)

2. in 2008 when Penn didn't score a single offensive point against Mishawaka in any match wrestled and was shut out @ the palace.

The heated rivalry had to have tables separating each team during the dual under the lights to ensure the teams stayed away from each other unless on the mat wrestling. Both JV and Varsity were battling at the same time @ Mishawaka. Times were different even back in the early 2000s.

I forced a bot to watch the last 30 Penn v. Mishawaka dual meets and read the corresponding Indianamat.com posts. Here is the bot’s resulting response to this post…

The year was two thousand 87,

Steve Sandermander hits a wicked hard head loop on a kingsman that made him start talkin like a caveman, but not the Mishawaka type if ya get my drift. Meanwhile a saber tooth twenty-six pounder ankle picks the popcorn salesman before he even has a chance to get the kernels buttered. 
Yams all for some tough wrasslin but jus like the cop in Varsity Blews I just gotta know that Jon Voight will reel em in a bit jeez ahs cries 

tough kid tough kid wait till ya see em down to wait wait we’ll show ya

3 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:

Some sneaky coaching and smart moves by Harper and company. With Denton being out bumping Harper to 138 and a huge win by Eutsey at 145 and Hollyfield at 170 turning point for the Kingsmen. Great dual as always. 

I think the biggest one was the first match. Bumping Williams to 220 and getting a fall was huge. 

9 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:

Some sneaky coaching and smart moves by Harper and company. With Denton being out bumping Harper to 138 and a huge win by Eutsey at 145 and Hollyfield at 170 turning point for the Kingsmen. Great dual as always. 

I got very nervous when finding out Denton wasn't wrestling . Holyfield had the better gas tank at 170 and Eutsey keeps impressing with every match .