Good Duals

Bigtoe19

Fans, was able to get out and watch some good wrestling this past week.

I went over to the Edgewood Invite and seen 12 teams from the South.

(EVSS) Teams that stood out to me was Cascade , Ben Davis and Jasper.

Things have change for some of the Programs since last year. New Coach's

and new kids, kids going different weights and so on. Mooresville and

Bloomington Regionals are going to be Tough this year. Some kids are going

to Suprise others! 

Also was able to watch OV @ THS last night. Both Programs had 25/30

wrestlers present. I got my $ worth last night. 7/8 JV match's that brought

me to tears watching the young man for OV that has one arm. Kid Amazed

me how he fought the odds, great body control and balance. My Hats off

to him, keep fighting!

Really wanted to see a few weights and they didn't disappoint. Weaver / May

was a battle , Bender is a sleeper ,kid is smooth. Murphy/Mills OT-Murphy 4-2

and then #8 Hinshaw and #12 Rose was 4-3 till Rose tried a last chance throw

and got caught to finish match at 6-3 Hinshaw.  These teams are in same

Sectional & Regional , so there will be more Fireworks to come. 

Good Luck to all the young Men/Women                   

Bigtoe19

Edited by Bigtoe19
margins

Great day of wrestling at New Castle today. With NC and Pendleton Heights both 4-0 the tourney came down to the last dual of the day. Both teams wrestled hard throughout the meet, with the dual at 34-32 it came down to 145lbs Thrine(NC SS#1) vs Todd(NC SS#8). And what a match it was!! Todd wins 7-6 to come away with the individual and team victory! Heck of a match and meet by both teams! 

Based on what it shows on @emd_wrestling, here are the EMD scores.  No mention though of who went at each weight and individual results.  Perhaps someone else has lineup info.

1.  EMD 40 - Zionsville 34

2.  EMD 62 - North 6

3:  EMD 25 - Union County 39

4.  EMD 58 - Trinity 21

5.  EMD 69 - North Posey 3

On 12/3/2022 at 4:59 PM, mdtodd said:

Great day of wrestling at New Castle today. With NC and Pendleton Heights both 4-0 the tourney came down to the last dual of the day. Both teams wrestled hard throughout the meet, with the dual at 34-32 it came down to 145lbs Thrine(NC SS#1) vs Todd(NC SS#8). And what a match it was!! Todd wins 7-6 to come away with the individual and team victory! Heck of a match and meet by both teams! 

It was a great day of wrestling but New Castle was 3-1, they lost a dual to Beech Grove in the fourth round.  New Castle is a very solid team and on the rise.  Great day of wrestling and congratulations to the Arabians of Pendleton Heights,  always a class act!

1 hour ago, ColdSkifan said:

Based on what it shows on @emd_wrestling, here are the EMD scores.  No mention though of who went at each weight and individual results.  Perhaps someone else has lineup info.

1.  EMD 40 - Zionsville 34

2.  EMD 62 - North 6

3:  EMD 25 - Union County 39

4.  EMD 58 - Trinity 21

5.  EMD 69 - North Posey 3

Mater Dei must be down this year to get beat by that margin to UC and only beat Zionsville by 6.

1 hour ago, SIwrestling said:

I think I saw someone posted Jordyn Raney (Union County) 9-5 dec. over Evan Seng (Mater Dei). I do not know if the other Raney and Schaefer wrestled at 120. 

Jayden Raney wrestled 113. Schaefer wrestled Heady. Union doesn't have a great backup at 113 or he would have bumped up.  

Union County is the real deal, no surprise here. MD will not have the well-known names they are used to, but I heard a quote this weekend that sums the roster up perfectly. "We have a lot of blue collar kids, not blue chippers." There will be some studs that will get out of football shape and back into wrestling shape, and those who are battling sickness and injury will (hopefully) bounce back. Good battles this weekend, but lots of work to do. MD dark horses by Cricket: Tyler Vanover and Spencer Turner. They were close to punching their ticket to the Bank/Bridge last year, keep an eye on them this year. 

And as always, #BringBackTheTights

On 12/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, Cricket21 said:

Union County is the real deal, no surprise here. MD will not have the well-known names they are used to, but I heard a quote this weekend that sums the roster up perfectly. "We have a lot of blue collar kids, not blue chippers." There will be some studs that will get out of football shape and back into wrestling shape, and those who are battling sickness and injury will (hopefully) bounce back. Good battles this weekend, but lots of work to do. MD dark horses by Cricket: Tyler Vanover and Spencer Turner. They were close to punching their ticket to the Bank/Bridge last year, keep an eye on them this year. 

And as always, #BringBackTheTights

Cricket- How did the MD vs MEM match go down?  Schaefer wear a tie?  Mattingly been using conditioner?

CP v Chesterton tonight. Looks like it only took about 45:19 for 11 pins, 1 tech, 1 dec at 120 for Sessa and 1 loss at 132. No Jendreas at 113, no Torres at 145 and no Rinehart at 152. Nowaczyk bumped up from 120 to 132 to replace Baca and lost to DeMarco 8-2, but never got turned. This beats the 62-3 BB v Avon spread. 

CP - 74

Ches -3

Edited by tonyzirkle
Added 152 comment