Toughest Conference

blueandgold

The DAC is gonna be fun this year. Crown Point is the obvious best team in the DAC, but Chesterton always has a solid squad, and is led by state placers Hayden Demarco and Aidan Torres. Merriville also has a strong team, with a pair of Maldonado wrestlers in Matthew and David, along with returning qualifier Lucas Clement. Portage also has a solid team, and is led by E'Shawn Tolbert, with semi-state qualifiers Owen Bunton and Manolo Hood looking to break through to the state tournament. Outside of these four teams, I think Lake Central could challenge for a top 4 spot in the conference, with Mason Jones and Guillermo Rivera leading the pack. LaPorte also is home to the state's only current multiple time state champ with Ashton Jackson, along with Josh England, who I think will have a breakthrough year this year and join Ashton to have multiple black and orange wrestlers down at Gainbridge this year. Also in the DAC is Valparaiso and Michigan City, who currently have no state ranked wrestlers, but have produced talented wrestlers in the past.

I think the biggest competitor for the toughest conference in Indiana is the HCC, with plenty of tough schools in this conference, including Brownsburg, who are the clear favorite to be the best in the conference and the toughest challenge for Crown Point as the best wrestling team in Indiana. Avon is another team with plenty of state quality wrestlers, such as the Rioux brothers, Seth Syra, and multiple time placer Cheaney Schoeff, and is Brownsburg's biggest challenge in the conference. Every team in this conference sends at least one ranked wrestler to compete for an HCC title, with Fishers having state qualifier Griffin Ingalls, Zionsville with Tommy Frazier and Luke Penola, Noblesville with Austin Hastings, Hamilton Southeastern with Zach Lang and Dom Burgett, Franklin Central with Andrew Just, and Westfield with Ike O'Neill and Jason Rooney.

I thought that I would do you all a favor and list the ranked wrestlers in each weight class across both conference, to make the best conference debate a little easier. Of course, I also know that I might be missing a really tough conference, so feel free to throw other potential conferences in the mix.

DAC Ranked Wrestlers

106: #8 Mason Jones, UR Logan Haney or Rianne Murphy (not ranked but both solid wrestlers)

113: #2 Gavin Jendreas, #9 E'Shawn Tolbert

120: #1 Ashton Jackson, #13 Sonny Sessa, #19 Matthew Maldonado, #20 Owen Bunton

126: #1 Logan Frazier, #14 Guillermo Rivera

132: #7 Hayden Demarco, #8 David Maldonado

138: #7 Lucas Clement, #13 Evan Cruz

145: #1 Aidan Torres, #2 Anthony Bahl, #7 Carlos Perez

152: #14 Adrian Pellot

160: #1 Sam Goin

170: #2 Cody Goodwin

182: #1 Orlando Cruz

195: #9 Anthony White

220: #1 Will Clark

285: #3 Paul Clark

HCC Ranked Wrestlers

106: #2 Revin Dickman, #4 Nathan Rioux

113: #1 Preston Haines, #4 Luke Rioux, #13 Tommy Frazier

120: #2 Jake Hockaday

126: #6 Griffin Ingalls, #11 Landen Haines

132: #4 Brady Ison, #11 Seth Syra

138: #3 Cheaney Schoeff, #4 Parker Reynolds

145: #6 Ike O'Neill, #8 Zach Lang, #9 Mason Day

152: #20 Jesse Derringer

160: #13 Jason Rooney

170: #17 Luke Penola

182: #8 Caden Brewer

195: #2 Gunner Henry

220: #14 Austin Hastings

285: #2 Leighton Jones, #7 Dom Burgett, #11 Andrew Just

I find it interesting after listing the ranked wrestlers that the depth of 106-145 of these conferences seems to be a lot tougher than 152-285, which name just one ranked wrestler across each weight class, with the exception of the HCC's 285 bracket (which I think Jones and Burgett is gonna be a great match). Just a funny thing that I noticed.

Gonna end this with some stats, and then I gotta go do homework that I've been procrastinating on by writing this.

DAC Ranked Wrestlers: 23

HCC Ranked Wrestlers: 24

Total Ranked Wrestlers: 47 = 5.96% of ranked wrestlers in the state

DAC Top 8 Ranked Wrestlers: 15

HCC Top 8 Ranked Wrestlers: 15

Total Top 8 Ranked Wrestlers: 30 = 26.79% of top 8 ranked wrestlers in the state

DAC #1 Ranked Wrestlers: 6

HCC #1 Ranked Wrestlers: 1

Total #1 Ranked Wrestlers: 7 = 50% of #1 ranked wrestlers in the state

HCC Ranked Wrestlers

285: #2 Leighton Jones, #7 Dom Burgett, #11 Andrew Just 

And this Conference gets tougher & tougher every year . 

Rankers forgetting a few names that will but I’ll remind them off that will do damage in any bracket they’re in  . 

Brownsburg - Tommy Gibbs 

Avon- Quinten Schoeff 

man GIF 

just my 2 cents or penny 

4 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

HCC Ranked Wrestlers

285: #2 Leighton Jones, #7 Dom Burgett, #11 Andrew Just 

And this Conference gets tougher & tougher every year . 

Rankers forgetting a few names that will but I’ll remind them off that will do damage in any bracket they’re in  . 

Brownsburg - Tommy Gibbs 

Avon- Quinten Schoeff 

man GIF 

just my 2 cents or penny 

So where is Gibbs if Brownsburg has HAines ranked 11? Can’t have two at same weight 

13 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

So where is Gibbs if Brownsburg has HAines ranked 11? Can’t have two at same weight 

Guessing here , we’ll just have to find out when it’s go time . 

Guessing again …. Maybe bump up lineup ? 

gene wilder suspense GIF 

More guessing …. Maybe we get Schoeff vs. Ison Round 15 at this Conference 

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime 
do it jewish GIF

Edited by TeamGarcia
Well … you know

For those who think the HCC is weak you’re wrong. It has been a tough conference since 2011 and earlier. My junior year I finished 4th at 126.

1st Jack Chastain HSE State Placer

2nd Preston Mantel Zionsville State Placer

3rd AJ Belden Westfield State Placer

4th Quinn Harris Avon State Qualifier

These big schools all have their own studs and it makes for a great day of wrestling every year! 

17 hours ago, TysonNisley said:

The DAC is gonna be fun this year. Crown Point is the obvious best team in the DAC, but Chesterton always has a solid squad, and is led by state placers Hayden Demarco and Aidan Torres. Merriville also has a strong team, with a pair of Maldonado wrestlers in Matthew and David, along with returning qualifier Lucas Clement. Portage also has a solid team, and is led by E'Shawn Tolbert, with semi-state qualifiers Owen Bunton and Manolo Hood looking to break through to the state tournament. Outside of these four teams, I think Lake Central could challenge for a top 4 spot in the conference, with Mason Jones and Guillermo Rivera leading the pack. LaPorte also is home to the state's only current multiple time state champ with Ashton Jackson, along with Josh England, who I think will have a breakthrough year this year and join Ashton to have multiple black and orange wrestlers down at Gainbridge this year. Also in the DAC is Valparaiso and Michigan City, who currently have no state ranked wrestlers, but have produced talented wrestlers in the past.

I think the biggest competitor for the toughest conference in Indiana is the HCC, with plenty of tough schools in this conference, including Brownsburg, who are the clear favorite to be the best in the conference and the toughest challenge for Crown Point as the best wrestling team in Indiana. Avon is another team with plenty of state quality wrestlers, such as the Rioux brothers, Seth Syra, and multiple time placer Cheaney Schoeff, and is Brownsburg's biggest challenge in the conference. Every team in this conference sends at least one ranked wrestler to compete for an HCC title, with Fishers having state qualifier Griffin Ingalls, Zionsville with Tommy Frazier and Luke Penola, Noblesville with Austin Hastings, Hamilton Southeastern with Zach Lang and Dom Burgett, Franklin Central with Andrew Just, and Westfield with Ike O'Neill and Jason Rooney.

I thought that I would do you all a favor and list the ranked wrestlers in each weight class across both conference, to make the best conference debate a little easier. Of course, I also know that I might be missing a really tough conference, so feel free to throw other potential conferences in the mix.

DAC Ranked Wrestlers

106: #8 Mason Jones, UR Logan Haney or Rianne Murphy (not ranked but both solid wrestlers)

HCC Ranked Wrestlers

I find it interesting after listing the ranked wrestlers that the depth of 106-145 of these conferences seems to be a lot tougher than 152-285, which name just one ranked wrestler across each weight class, with the exception of the HCC's 285 bracket (which I think Jones and Burgett is gonna be a great match). Just a funny thing that I noticed.

Gonna end this with some stats, and then I gotta go do homework that I've been procrastinating on by writing this.

Total Top 8 Ranked Wrestlers: 30 = 26.79% of top 8 ranked wrestlers in the state

Another great write up.  Always appreciate your time and insight.  Thank you.

19 hours ago, TysonNisley said:

DAC Ranked Wrestlers

HCC Ranked Wrestlers

Great write up Tyson!