4. Rochester
5. Indianapolis Cathedral
6. Mishawaka
7. Evansville Mater Dei
8. Roncalli
9. Avon
10. Bloomington South

View full team ranking

TripleB has Whiteland @3 in the semi  state ranking  Just behind 2 Nationally ranked top 50 teams in the country, Brownsburg and Center Grove. Both very strong, very good teams. But cant get a sniff in the top 20 for the state? What are the point values next to the teams and what do the represent?

106:  NR/NR -Jaden Farr Needs to be on a watch list. Starting off strong and put in work all offseason.
126: #8/#2 Eli Brooks(Whiteland) State Qualifier
132: #3/#1 Joey Buttler(Whiteland) State runner up
145: NR/NR Brayden Johnson(Whiteland) Regional Qualifier
152: NR/#6 Keegan Grandinetti(Whiteland) won Sectionals over Silas Stits who is ranked above him. Did not compete at regionals due to a concussion in practice.

170: NR/#7 Vincent Tinoco(Whiteland) Semi State Qualifier
182: NR/#7 Sam Allen(Whiteland) Semi State Qualifier

195: NR/NR Blake Driver(Whiteland) 27-4 last year. 
220: #13/#6 Jakarrey Oliver(Whiteland) Semi State qualifier
285: NR/#3 Cooper Williams(Whiteland) Semi State qualifier

WE HAD NO SENIORS on last years team. 11 returning starters.

We are being overlooked. To think that we are not going to be competitive with Avon, Castle, BSHS?  I am wanting to bring some light to this because we are very obviously not being looked at or just passed on for the state rankings. I am trying to draw attention to this because voting for that last spot in 4A Team State is coming up and how can a case be made with out being in the state rankings? HOW are we not in the top 20?

When the Dirty South expert has them at #3 in the Semistate ahead of several teams listed in the State rankings top 20 only behind TWO NATIONALLY RANKED TEAMS. Seems like a something is a miss.

We have 9 Starting Seniors, 7 Went at least to semi state! Again Grandinitti got concussed before regional but won sectionals. This is, arguably I guess the toughest 

Sectional (Moorseville) That has 11 teams in it, Cascade, Center Grove, Cloverdale, Decatur Central, Eminence, Franklin Community, Greenwood Community, Martinsville, Monrovia, Mooresville, Whiteland Community.  

Regionals (Moorseville) adding in AVON, Brownsburgh, Plainfield. There are several ranked teams here.

Then add to the mix all the southern schools EMD, Floyd, Tell City, BSHS, ETC... 

We had a rough first meets but won them despite being dow 4 Varsity starters. And losing our 113 & 120 before our first meet. The team stepped up and filled in some of the gaps. we are still moving pieces around to make the best line up and looking forward to see what we can do in Westfield this weekend at the Shamrock Duals.

Whiteland is sniffing the top 20 in the state Power Poll.... but sadly we can't do scratch and sniff on the internet!

Rank Points
1 22
2 18
3 13
4 11
5 8
6 6
7 4
8 3
9 2
10 2
11 2
12 2
13 1
14 1
15 1
16 1
17 1
18 1
19 1
20 1

14 minutes ago, buttler73 said:

TripleB has Whiteland @3 in the semi  state ranking  Just behind 2 Nationally ranked top 50 teams in the country, Brownsburg and Center Grove. Both very strong, very good teams. But cant get a sniff in the top 20 for the state? What are the point values next to the teams and what do the represent?

106:  NR/NR -Jaden Farr Needs to be on a watch list. Starting off strong and put in work all offseason.
126: #8/#2 Eli Brooks(Whiteland) State Qualifier
132: #3/#1 Joey Buttler(Whiteland) State runner up
145: NR/NR Brayden Johnson(Whiteland) Regional Qualifier
152: NR/#6 Keegan Grandinetti(Whiteland) won Sectionals over Silas Stits who is ranked above him. Did not compete at regionals due to a concussion in practice.

170: NR/#7 Vincent Tinoco(Whiteland) Semi State Qualifier
182: NR/#7 Sam Allen(Whiteland) Semi State Qualifier

195: NR/NR Blake Driver(Whiteland) 27-4 last year. 
220: #13/#6 Jakarrey Oliver(Whiteland) Semi State qualifier
285: NR/#3 Cooper Williams(Whiteland) Semi State qualifier

WE HAD NO SENIORS on last years team. 11 returning starters.

We are being overlooked. To think that we are not going to be competitive with Avon, Castle, BSHS?  I am wanting to bring some light to this because we are very obviously not being looked at or just passed on for the state rankings. I am trying to draw attention to this because voting for that last spot in 4A Team State is coming up and how can a case be made with out being in the state rankings? HOW are we not in the top 20?

When the Dirty South expert has them at #3 in the Semistate ahead of several teams listed in the State rankings top 20 only behind TWO NATIONALLY RANKED TEAMS. Seems like a something is a miss.

We have 9 Starting Seniors, 7 Went at least to semi state! Again Grandinitti got concussed before regional but won sectionals. This is, arguably I guess the toughest 

Sectional (Moorseville) That has 11 teams in it, Cascade, Center Grove, Cloverdale, Decatur Central, Eminence, Franklin Community, Greenwood Community, Martinsville, Monrovia, Mooresville, Whiteland Community.  

Regionals (Moorseville) adding in AVON, Brownsburgh, Plainfield. There are several ranked teams here.

Then add to the mix all the southern schools EMD, Floyd, Tell City, BSHS, ETC... 

We had a rough first meets but won them despite being dow 4 Varsity starters. And losing our 113 & 120 before our first meet. The team stepped up and filled in some of the gaps. we are still moving pieces around to make the best line up and looking forward to see what we can do in Westfield this weekend at the Shamrock Duals.

Mr. Buttler,

I agree Whiteland could be very dangerous this year. We wrestle you all tomorrow and I've told my team how prepared we need to be to compete because y'all will bring it.

That said, the above rankings are just a reflection of the individual rankings and how teams might stack up at state based on the individual tourney. This is not dual rankings. Those will come out later, but I'm sure that if you guys have a great weekend this weekend, waves will be made and the state will be put on notice. 

They put you in a good pool to show something with Ben Davis being better than normal, HSE, and it appears Homestead is on the rise too. None of us are in Team state yet though, but win the pool and you'll get a crack at Carmel to prove yourselves!

Best of luck to the Warriors this weekend. I look forward to competing.

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

Sam Allen at 182?? Is that the same Sam Allen that was at HWT?

He was a freshman HWT -for Brown county Semi state Qualifier

Sophomore 220-Franklin COMm. but JV mostly... Skaggs and Johnson were 220 7 285

Junior- 195 For whiteland last year.

Senior--182. kid is strong as all get out.

3 hours ago, Coach Brobst said:

Mr. Buttler,

I agree Whiteland could be very dangerous this year. We wrestle you all tomorrow and I've told my team how prepared we need to be to compete because y'all will bring it.

That said, the above rankings are just a reflection of the individual rankings and how teams might stack up at state based on the individual tourney. This is not dual rankings. Those will come out later, but I'm sure that if you guys have a great weekend this weekend, waves will be made and the state will be put on notice. 

They put you in a good pool to show something with Ben Davis being better than normal, HSE, and it appears Homestead is on the rise too. None of us are in Team state yet though, but win the pool and you'll get a crack at Carmel to prove yourselves!

Best of luck to the Warriors this weekend. I look forward to competing.

Thanks for the clarification. We will still be a few wrestlers short on the squad from football but hopefully. They are ready to go within a week or so.

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Whiteland is sniffing the top 20 in the state Power Poll.... but sadly we can't do scratch and sniff on the internet!

Rank Points
1 22
2 18
3 13
4 11
5 8
6 6
7 4
8 3
9 2
10 2
11 2