132 Rankings top guys

132 is one of the deepest weight classes this year. After Gorilla radio last night, that was one of the hottest topics.

how would you guys have ranked them? 

The top 10 is incredibly tough 

1. Landon Hawkins Crown Point 

2. Zar Walker Mishawaka (Michigan recruit) 

3. Joey Buttler Whiteland 2x medalist runner up

4. David Maldonado Merrillville 7th 

5. Brady Ison Brownsburg 3rd and SQ 

Really tough Top 5 

6. Reese Courtney Center Grove SQ 

7. Hayden Demarco Chesterton 2x medalist 

8. Easton Doster New Haven SQ

9. Josh Johnson Catherdral 8th 

10. Seth Syra Avon 

I am sure there will be some movement in the weights. Will the champ come out side of the top 10? 

maybe Kyrell Leavel moves up? 

1st- Ison

2nd- Walker

3rd- Hawkins

4th- Buttler

5th- Maldonado

6th- Doster ( I think he turns it up this year, could be a top 4 guy)

7th- Courtney

8th- Demarco

9th- Syra

10th- Johnson

No rhyme or reason why I had them in this order but this is just where I think everyone ends up granted if they all remain this weight.

I stand corrected. I had forgotten which weight that he wrestled at that tournament.  He did wrestle at 152 earlier this summer in an out of season tournament in which he was very undersized even at “walk around weight”. It was the best weight for him to go at that tournament for the team. I can assure you that he will not have any problems wrestling at 132 as it stands right now. 

Hawkins is one of only 5 wrestlers in IndianaMat history to start their freshman year ranked #1. (2nd to do it above 106). I think he earned the ranking because his only loss within Indiana is to Frazier. I couldn’t find any results of him losing to another Indiana wrestler since him and Hockaday almost 3 years ago at MS State.

I would put Ison above Maldonaldo since they both have 1 medal, but Ison got 3rd. 

2 hours ago, KLH said:

I stand corrected. I had forgotten which weight that he wrestled at that tournament.  He did wrestle at 152 earlier this summer in an out of season tournament in which he was very undersized even at “walk around weight”. It was the best weight for him to go at that tournament for the team. I can assure you that he will not have any problems wrestling at 132 as it stands right now. 

Man coy at 32 just makes Evansville that much nastier. Could be in the mix to win a state title 

1 hour ago, igotcaught said:

Hawkins is one of only 5 wrestlers in IndianaMat history to start their freshman year ranked #1. (2nd to do it above 106). I think he earned the ranking because his only loss within Indiana is to Frazier. I couldn’t find any results of him losing to another Indiana wrestler since him and Hockaday almost 3 years ago at MS State.

I would put Ison above Maldonaldo since they both have 1 medal, but Ison got 3rd. 

That is a good question who is Hawkins last indiana loss. I can only find that Hockaday loss also 

Hey KLH, why in the world would Coy Hammack drop down 3 weight classes??

His is the best spot for himself & the Team to succeed. (IMO) Stephens, Glenn,

Lain have 132-138-145 covered.  Just don't see it unless Coach has another kid

wrestle a different weight. Set up to Make a Team Title run!!!  BT19

I’d go Top 10

#1 Ison 

#2 DeMarco 

#3 Buttler 

#4 Maldonado 

#5 Johnson 

—————— 

then let the rest prove themselves in Duals & Tournaments. I’m sure they’ll see the Top 5 guys sometime during the season . 

#6 Courtney 

#7 Doster 

#8 Hawkins 

#9 Syra 

#10 Walker 

200.gif

Edited by TeamGarcia

52 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

I’d go Top 10

#1 Ison 

#2 DeMarco 

#3 Buttler 

#4 Maldonado 

#5 Johnson 

—————— 

then let the rest prove themselves in Duals & Tournaments. I’m sure they’ll see the Top 5 guys sometime during the season . 

#6 Courtney 

#7 Doster 

#8 Hawkins 

#9 Syra 

#10 Walker 

200.gif

Hawkins is not 8 and will prove that soon enough. Zar Walker is not 10 either. I can see making a argument to start the year not putting a freshman at the Top but 8th is not a accurate ranking for what he has done coming in 

5 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

Hawkins is not 8 and will prove that soon enough. Zar Walker is not 10 either. I can see making a argument to start the year not putting a freshman at the Top but 8th is not a accurate ranking for what he has done coming in 

CP wrestles a tough schedule and pretty sure he’ll get his shot vs. my controversial rankings. As for Walker and Mishawaka he’ll get his matches through duals and good ol’ Al Smith . 

My rankings Top 5 have the State hardware hanging up on their walls somewhere. They earned my Top 5 . Beat’em and I’ll change them around . 😊 

do it jewish GIF 

Get that win ! 

18 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

CP wrestles a tough schedule and pretty sure he’ll get his shot vs. my controversial rankings. As for Walker and Mishawaka he’ll get his matches through duals and good ol’ Al Smith . 

My rankings Top 5 have the State hardware hanging up on their walls somewhere. They earned my Top 5 . Beat’em and I’ll change them around . 😊 

do it jewish GIF 

Get that win ! 

I believe  7 of your 10 will all be at the Al Smith

45 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

do it jewish GIF 

Get that win ! 

My only confusion with your top ten is having Walker down at 10. He has the state hardware you gave the criteria for the top 5 guys. And he placed 6th, at this weight class, which is tied for the highest prior placing DeMarco, Maldonado, and Johnson. 

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

My only confusion with your top ten is having Walker down at 10. He has the state hardware you gave the criteria for the top 5 guys. And he placed 6th, at this weight class, which is tied for the highest prior placing DeMarco, Maldonado, and Johnson. 

Just going by what @ontherise219had him listed under “Michigan Recruit” in his post . I’ll have to blame him for this error. What do I know ? Lmao 

Ight…. I’ll switch it up . 

#1 Ison 

#2 Buttler 

#3 DeMarco 

#4 Walker 

#5 Maldonado 

———————- 

rest will be sorted out when they beat Top 5