Christian Carroll to Oklahoma State.

10 hours ago, Indianawrestler145 said:

Where will he commit to next 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty tough of you to come on a messageboard and make fun of a high school kid.

We addressed this on Gorilla Radio last night. These kids, especially the top guys, are under a lot of pressure from coaches to commit right then and there. The coaches are very persuasive and use every tactic possible to get a commitment as soon as possible. Think if you were a high school kid with all the best coaches in the country calling you wanting you to wrestle for them. Could you tell Tom Brands, Cael Sanderson, John Smith, etc, "no thanks, your program isn't for me?" I know I would have a hard time. Maybe for you, you never made any decision at 17 years old that you later reneged on, but I'm guessing you have.

29 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Pretty tough of you to come on a messageboard and make fun of a high school kid.

We addressed this on Gorilla Radio last night. These kids, especially the top guys, are under a lot of pressure from coaches to commit right then and there. The coaches are very persuasive and use every tactic possible to get a commitment as soon as possible. Think if you were a high school kid with all the best coaches in the country calling you wanting you to wrestle for them. Could you tell Tom Brands, Cael Sanderson, John Smith, etc, "no thanks, your program isn't for me?" I know I would have a hard time. Maybe for you, you never made any decision at 17 years old that you later reneged on, but I'm guessing you have.

At 47 I couldn't even tell Chertow no.

12 hours ago, Indianawrestler145 said:

Being an elite high school athlete with endless possibilities on where to further your education and athletic career can be an overwhelming task. A lot of factors to consider, things change over time and individual circumstances change throughout life. You can have whatever opinion you want, but making snide comments about a high school senior that is a great kid and as humble of person i have met, speaks more to your character than to his. Wherever he feels is best for him you can either support that or just move on with your life. 

Congratulations Christian! Look forward to watching you crush it on the next level

2 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Not saying he was a bad wrestler or coach but I couldn't stand listening to that guy commentate a match. Still can't get that voice out of my head.

Chertow runs a  high energy great clinic and connects with the kids. He also does a great job of point out who made what moves famous and who currently uses certain ones. He can still move pretty good also. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, Indianawrestler145 said:

Have a sense of humor.  The fact that everyone knows what he is talking about means there is a little truth to it.  No matter where he goes, he is a great wrestler and a great pick up for any program.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:48 PM, manchwrestlingdad said:

Real classy man !!!!!!!!

Talking smack behind a fake name !!!!!

Jesus someone is Butt hurt. It’s a joke, kind of, but it’s definitely not smack talk. It was a light hearted comment that does happen to have some validity. HES COMMITTED TO 3 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS! Get your panties out of a wad and go back to your safe space and take a breath 😂

On 11/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

Well, it was a joke. I’ve had numerous conversations with Christian over the past 2 years. From the conversations I have had with him I can tell you he definitely would read my comment and laugh at it. Sorry I hurt your feelings. 

Now the running story is he may not end up wrestling this HS season to focus on preparing for his college career.  I’m assuming that means he’s considering putting in the body development to get to a college HWT body if he doesn’t think 197 is a possibility at that level.  Not sure how much more bulk he can put on but adding general weight and developing more HWT technique/positioning awareness is possible.  

On 11/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, Indianawrestler145 said:

Jesus someone is Butt hurt. It’s a joke, kind of, but it’s definitely not smack talk. It was a light hearted comment that does happen to have some validity. HES COMMITTED TO 3 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS! Get your panties out of a wad and go back to your safe space and take a breath 😂

Now who’s butt hurt ???

Take a nappy nap !!!

On 11/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, MattM said:

Now the running story is he may not end up wrestling this HS season to focus on preparing for his college career.  I’m assuming that means he’s considering putting in the body development to get to a college HWT body if he doesn’t think 197 is a possibility at that level.  Not sure how much more bulk he can put on but adding general weight and developing more HWT technique/positioning awareness is possible.  

This is true. Per his club coach he will not be wrestling in Indiana this year. He made the comment after he won Fargo Junior year that he was going to get a title for his HS then go to RTC senior year

10 hours ago, HWTDAD said:

This is true. Per his club coach he will not be wrestling in Indiana this year. He made the comment after he won Fargo Junior year that he was going to get a title for his HS then go to RTC senior year

I think this you are going to see this happen more and more.  CC would not get much our of pinning 99% of the heavyweights he would have faced this year.  His development will be better served going to OK St. and their RTC.  Just like we saw with the Lee brothers.  I think if a kid is in line to be a 4x state champ, he will finish it out.  But if that is off the table, then a truly elite senior will bypass his sr year.  Especially in a state like IN that doesn't have the depth to push a guy like CC this year.

Alejandro Jodorowsky Movie GIF by Arrow Video 

Click ! 

Pistol was faster than dem varmints Quakers, Dem Illini, or any other schools that wanted him . 

Woooooooooooo….. Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

How bout dem Pokes pickin up P4P #1 ranked wrestler in de US of A ! 
The Great John Smith once told Pistol to head on over to that State of der Indiana and get this der Monster over to Dem Boys at Oklahoma State . Pistol told him ….. (spittin) DONE ! 

Game Day Orange GIF by Oklahoma State University 

Woooooooo….. Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

LETS GO COWBOYS ! 

Pistol Pete 

Edited by 3xStateChamp
Spellers checks

9 hours ago, 3xStateChamp said:

Alejandro Jodorowsky Movie GIF by Arrow Video 

Click ! 

Pistol was faster than dem varmints Quakers, Dem Illini, or any other schools that wanted him . 

Woooooooooooo….. Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

How bout dem Pokes pickin up P4P #1 ranked wrestler in de US of A ! 
The Great John Smith once told Pistol to head on over to that State of der Indiana and get this der Monster over to Dem Boys at Oklahoma State . Pistol told him ….. (spittin) DONE ! 

Game Day Orange GIF by Oklahoma State University 

Woooooooo….. Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

LETS GO COWBOYS ! 

Pistol Pete 

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMANHow was this not the first person we asked for comment