Curious On Numbers

nkraus

8 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

You're sadly mistaken, there is a reason during the pandemic the UFC broke all of it's records and has quadrupled it's networth in the last 5 years.. McGregor was #1 Forbes list athlete, that's not even including Bellator being a pipeline for blue chip wrestlers... MMA is its infancy compared to the rest of the other pro sports, so considering the MLB has had a 120+ year head start and the world series doesn't have the buzz major fights do these days..

Just because it might not be your preference, doesn't mean it's not Def 1 of the most popular sports right now.. Ave only getting more popular..

UFC Cards are top seller last few months for Panini America's with soccer being the other. Niche markets aren't a byproduct of a melting pot of grappling/striking Disciplines in turn bringing that demographic to MMA to see how their guy dies crossing over to MMA.. Bo Nickal opened bud own ATT gym and has gotten the entire NLWC nation on board with the big gun making the jump. 

The more eyes on combat sports the better it is for the growth ass participation.. 

https://playersbio.com/most-popular-sports-in-america/

https://wayofmartialarts.com/is-mma-ufc-more-popular-than-boxing/

MMA is on the rise, but again, it is still miles away from being the most popular sport.  Just because you like it, doesn't mean it is the most popular sport, which is what you originally claimed.

East Noble is right at 50, 37 guys. 13 Girls. Hopeing to get a few more holding out from football season. We also have 13 managers, that number grew as a handful of girls found out they prefered that side of practice more than wrestling lol.  

We had 80+ at youth practice last night, but that includes several wrestlers from area schools without a club.

In year 2 here at Delta we are around 30 guys on the team... this number is up from last year! Getting more football players to grow interest in the sport! We even have a kid that was a starting offensive lineman for football team wrestle last year and talked about how it was one of the hardest sports he has ever done... and this year as a senior he came back out and will be the first to tell you that he does not like wrestling lol but because of what it did for him physically and mentally... said it was the best shape he had ever been in and wanted to get there again this year! And what's awesome is he got his buddy that is a senior offensive lineup to come try it this year with him and has been battling it out in the room! The growth from football team starting to join us is what will help us grow!

We have about 30+ kids on our middle school team

We have 70+ in our youth club and have a lot of young studs coming up that continue to get all their buddies to come wrestle! I think that is where it starts! Having fun and getting others to come join at the youth level!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, ReformedPoster said:

https://playersbio.com/most-popular-sports-in-america/

https://wayofmartialarts.com/is-mma-ufc-more-popular-than-boxing/

MMA is on the rise, but again, it is still miles away from being the most popular sport.  Just because you like it, doesn't mean it is the most popular sport, which is what you originally claimed.

In America, the big 3 NFL, NBA and MLB baseball have faced tons of scrutiny and decreased viewership along with disgruntled fans over politics being too rampant among their leagues.. MMA is def 1 of the most popular didn't say MOST, I said one of which it is.. Social media viewership is something you didn't even factor into your quick Google search to try and bicker a moot point.. if MMA/combat Sports isn't one of the most popular sports how do you explain two MMA organizations one FC and the UFC had top five most viewership on social media with billions of views.. With Onefc being 2 and the UFC being 5..

Any exposure other combat Sports can bring wrestling that is beneficial and getting eye balls on Wrestling, is something we all should be happy about.. 

https://combatpress.com/2022/04/nielsen-report-on-sports-viewership-martial-arts-in-2021/

And the fact that UFC Fight pass is helping throw massive college wrestling cards like they did last weekend with the veterans getting a show with Campbell North Carolina and Michigan... Then ufcFight pass tweeted that other college programs need to be on standby because they will be in touch.. it'll help the growth of not only wrestling but Combat Sports in general which are crucial to the culture and fabric of our country.. Look at the venue and coverage the ufc fight pass Was part of and our own Joe Walker scramble 

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1591215801348100098?s=20&t=vCVm6TzI0NvallF-rdLZnQ

You for some reason always love to try to knit pick and make back handed comments towards me, for a while now... I get along with everybody and don't WiFi tuff guy ppl, and am not trying be a jerk now, I just have picked up on your angst towards me..

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

On 11/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

In America, the big 3 NFL, NBA and MLB baseball have faced tons of scrutiny and decreased viewership along with disgruntled fans over politics being too rampant among their leagues.. MMA is def 1 of the most popular didn't say MOST, I said one of which it is.. Social media viewership is something you didn't even factor into your quick Google search to try and bicker a moot point.. if MMA/combat Sports isn't one of the most popular sports how do you explain two MMA organizations one FC and the UFC had top five most viewership on social media with billions of views.. With Onefc being 2 and the UFC being 5..

Any exposure other combat Sports can bring wrestling that is beneficial and getting eye balls on Wrestling, is something we all should be happy about.. 

https://combatpress.com/2022/04/nielsen-report-on-sports-viewership-martial-arts-in-2021/

And the fact that UFC Fight pass is helping throw massive college wrestling cards like they did last weekend with the veterans getting a show with Campbell North Carolina and Michigan... Then ufcFight pass tweeted that other college programs need to be on standby because they will be in touch.. it'll help the growth of not only wrestling but Combat Sports in general which are crucial to the culture and fabric of our country.. Look at the venue and coverage the ufc fight pass Was part of and our own Joe Walker scramble 

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1591215801348100098?s=20&t=vCVm6TzI0NvallF-rdLZnQ

You for some reason always love to try to knit pick and make back handed comments towards me, for a while now... I get along with everybody and don't WiFi tuff guy ppl, and am not trying be a jerk now, I just have picked up on your angst towards me..

I have no beef with you.  I simply disagreed with your assertion that MMA is the most popular sport right now, which is what you said in your original post.  I see you have edited that one to say "one of the most popular sports..." in which case I can agree with that.

31 minutes ago, Coach Nieman said:

We're at 12 this year. Most years we start with around 16-20 and by Christmas break we're down to 12-14. This year, those kids that would normally quit didn't even come out. It sucks having the room seem empty but at least it's 12 kids that want to be there from day 1.

Looks like we're in the same boat this year.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:40 PM, ReformedPoster said:

I have no beef with you.  I simply disagreed with your assertion that MMA is the most popular sport right now, which is what you said in your original post.  I see you have edited that one to say "one of the most popular sports..." in which case I can agree with that.

I wanna see more Events like we seen with the UNC/MICHIGAN/CAMPBELL event they put on for the troops.. Btw idk how much you watch it follow MMA, but IN very own Jarred Brooks is making huge waves in Asia and has a World title fight at 115 pounds coming up.. Brooks is top 3 I'm the world at  125 pounds and under, and smashed the current UFC 125 pound champ Figuerdo but was robbed in Brazil. 

16 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I wanna see more Events like we seen with the UNC/MICHIGAN/CAMPBELL event they put on for the troops.. Btw idk how much you watch it follow MMA, but IN very own Jarred Brooks is making huge waves in Asia and has a World title fight at 115 pounds coming up.. Brooks is top 3 I'm the world at  125 pounds and under, and smashed the current UFC 125 pound champ Figuerdo but was robbed in Brazil. 

I don't follow MMA at all, it really doesn't interest me.  But that's great for Brooks.

9 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I don't follow MMA at all, it really doesn't interest me.  But that's great for Brooks.

Fair enough, he made fight song using all his victims names and method he beat them, on his Facebook... ONE loved it so much they made him a music video, then he walked out to his new music video, and did exactly what he he said he would, in his entrance song, Mauling the previously undefeated 9-0 #1 contender with ease not being hit 1 time. .. Elkins fights this weekend also.. I'll shut up now cuz this isn't MMA forum lol