Iran wrestling news

Wow I missed it, he got pinned by China?! 

As I have said for a while, Zare is 100% our guy for 2024... But Masoumi is 19, let him get the mistakes out of his system now while he's young. Zare got pinned then became world champ within 2 years. 

Can someone post the video?

Edited by The Genius

I just watched Goleij's 13-8 loss to the Bahraini. What a strange match, the Bahraini looked absolutely gassed from the start of the second period and would take forever to get up, but then he would suddenly do some explosive move and put Goleij on his back for 4 pts... 

Sarlak couldn't cope with the Japanese kid's leg attacks and looked terrible from the start.

Kavousi's pin was called very quickly? I have never seen a pin called that fast... Kazakhs definitely got some home decisions (as usual). 

Taha defeats Geno 9-4 and becomes 10 time European Champion. 

Quite a similar match to Zare vs Geno in 2021 Worlds - Taha countered Geno's shots for a go behind 3 times in the first period. Geno had more success in the last minute but not enough. I think Taha won without a single TD attempt in the entire match! 

125kg is looking very strong now with Taha, Geno, Zare, Munkhtur and Gable. Geno appears to be declining but still competitive. Taha has a new lease of life at 32 years old, Munkhtur is a serious contender and Zare is a beast who is #2 at worst. Very exciting.

9 hours ago, LJB said:

hello all...

been a minute...

PWL 4... does anyone know the exact date this is going down?

not having much luck finding a posted date...

Wednesday 26 April, not sure about the time though.

Any matches in particular you’re interested in? Haven’t seen the full card but for us Fazli is wrestling Shiraev at 70.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:14 AM, The Genius said:

125kg is looking very strong now with Taha, Geno, Zare, Munkhtur and Gable. Geno appears to be declining but still competitive. Taha has a new lease of life at 32 years old, Munkhtur is a serious contender and Zare is a beast who is #2 at worst. Very exciting.

Yeah fair play to Taha, back to back worlds and euros at this stage of his career.

Him and geno are obviously past their peak days but after Asians and euros no question Masoumi isn’t on their level yet. Future is bright though.

19 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Yeah fair play to Taha, back to back worlds and euros at this stage of his career.

Him and geno are obviously past their peak days but after Asians and euros no question Masoumi isn’t on their level yet. Future is bright though.

Geno is past his best but Taha seems to have rediscovered his best form after a bad 2021. Very impressive considering he turns 33 later this year. 

Paris with Gable, Zare, Taha and Geno will be very exciting. Geno poses more problems for Gable but Taha poses more problems for Zare, so the draw will play a big factor in who reaches the final. 

Masoumi is only 19 years old, I am not worried about him at all. It is a shame that after Paris we could have peak Masoumi and peak Zare both capable of winning Golds but only one will be able to compete at a time. 

On 4/21/2023 at 10:29 PM, kmrabr said:

Wednesday 26 April, not sure about the time though.

Any matches in particular you’re interested in? Haven’t seen the full card but for us Fazli is wrestling Shiraev at 70.

thank you brother!!!

anytime Vlasov wrestles i am interested... 

the fact he is wrestling Makhmudov makes me absolutely giddy...

21 hours ago, LJB said:

thank you brother!!!

anytime Vlasov wrestles i am interested... 

the fact he is wrestling Makhmudov makes me absolutely giddy...

Huge match! Love watching Makhmudov, even though he wouldn’t have had much for him was a shame we couldn’t see kavianinejad against him at Asians.

Last I read vlasov makhmudov only is ppv?? Rest of the card is streamed free like last time…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, kkiane said:

https://uww.org/article/bishkek-ranking-series-entry-list

Bishkek ranking tournament entry list. We send a very strong Greco team.

I hear freestyle will send a strong team to Hungary.

Today and tomorrow is Takhti champs. By the end of it we will know for sure the majority of the World team.

Today likely we will see a strong final between Nokhodi and Savakouhi.

Highlights tomorrow will be 97kg, where we will have a new rep for sure since Mohammadian isn't taking part. And likely a match between Zare and Masoumi.

3 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I hear freestyle will send a strong team to Hungary.

Today and tomorrow is Takhti champs. By the end of it we will know for sure the majority of the World team.

Today likely we will see a strong final between Nokhodi and Savakouhi.

Highlights tomorrow will be 97kg, where we will have a new rep for sure since Mohammadian isn't taking part. And likely a match between Zare and Masoumi.

You have any information on the time it starts? I would like to watch.

5 minutes ago, kkiane said:

You have any information on the time it starts? I would like to watch.

Yup think first round is over so finals will be at 4pm Iran time. On channel 3 of Iran. There should be Instagram wrestling pages which will show it too.

Tomorrow will be weights for Yazdani, 125, 97. So more interesting matches. 4pm is finals as well. I think first round is available earlier from 11am on the sports channel

15 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Savadkouhi beats Nokhodi 4-3. This Reza Yazdani influence is really helping him out. He’s now beaten the world champ and world silver from last year.

And solidifies his place in the team for the Worlds.

He's had some year with massive wins. Sidakov, Burroughs, Kadgimagomedov and Nokhodi. He will be a real challenge and contender for Gold. I do wonder if he can make the cut to 74 successfully.....

Good wins at 92 and 65 too. But I doubt they guy past Kamran and Rahman.

Ahmadjavan wins at 57. Realistically our weakest Olympic weight.

42 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Savadkouhi beats Nokhodi 4-3. This Reza Yazdani influence is really helping him out. He’s now beaten the world champ and world silver from last year.

The list of wins speaks for itself but seems like he’s always in tight scoring matches! Shows how strong his mentality is to be fair.

In a bizzare turn in one of the first matches this morning, Amin Taheri gets pinned but then after the match ends the referees on video replay decide the match should happen again later in the day as they feel it was a wrong call. His opponent doesn't even turn up in protest for the replay and Taheri will face Masoumi in the next bout.

Masoumi's dad is going crazy at the refs with this decision given his son will have to face Taheri which is a tougher bout for him rather than the other dude. He even has an argument with Pejman Dorostkar.

Mad stuff.

47 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

In a bizzare turn in one of the first matches this morning, Amin Taheri gets pinned but then after the match ends the referees on video replay decide the match should happen again later in the day as they feel it was a wrong call. His opponent doesn't even turn up in protest for the replay and Taheri will face Masoumi in the next bout.

Masoumi's dad is going crazy at the refs with this decision given his son will have to face Taheri which is a tougher bout for him rather than the other dude. He even has an argument with Pejman Dorostkar.

Mad stuff.

Crazy, I saw the aftermath but didn’t see the actual match, was he legit pinned??

Either way Masoumi looked comfortable beating Taheri 6-2.