Elite 8 Duals: Nationally Ranked Opponents and Potential Match-Ups

TysonNisley

It’s commonly known among Indiana wrestling fans that Indiana wrestlers are not very respected when it comes to national rankings. The Elite 8 Duals is a great opportunity to change that. This weekend, a squad of 15 of Indiana’s best will battle against some of the best that the country has to offer, with at least one nationally ranked competitor in every weight class, and as many as eight or nine in some weight classes. This weekend will be a great chance to show the rest of the country the talent of Indiana wrestling.

That being said, I thought that I would go through and look up the nationally ranked competition in every weight class, so that you all could know the potential matchups to look forward to this weekend. Of course, our guys won’t get to wrestle every wrestler, but depending on our day one performance, each guy will likely wrestle at least a couple nationally ranked foes (aside from the weight classes with only one or two nationally ranked guys, which isn’t a lot of weight classes).

100: Nate Rioux, #20 Lincoln Sledzianowski

106: Revin Dickman, #5 Dominic Munaretto, #18 Colyn Limbert

113: Gavin Jendreas, #11 Christopher Kiser, #16 (at 106) Gage Singleton, #16 Cameron Stinson, #16 (at 120) Bo Bassett

120: Toby Billerman, #7 (at 113) Nathan Desmond, #7 Kael Lauridsen, #14 Gauge Botero, #14 (at 126) Thomas Verrette, #18 Cooper Hilton, #20 Jackson Blum

126: #17 Logan Frazier, #1 Jax Forrest, #4 Luke Stanich, #6 Drew Gorman, #10 Dillon Campbell, #11 Brady Roark, #12 Tyler Knox, #17 (at 120) Sam Herring

132: Landon Hawkins, #4 Grigor Cholakyan, #13 Landon Robideau, #18 William Baysinger, #20 Brandon Cannon

138: Cheaney Schoeff, #8 Vince Bouzakis, #11 Cameron Catrabone, #13 Tyler Vazquez, #17 Matthew Repos

145: Anthony Bahl, #3 Joel Adams, #6 (at 138) Pierson Manville, #6 Dylan Gilcher, #17 Weston Dalton, #18 Collin Dupill, #18 (at 152) Nick Kunstek

152: Bryce Lowery, #2 Ladarion Lockett, #6 Alessio Perentin, #8 Jeremiah Price, #9 Kody Routledge, #10 Kael Voinovich

160: Sammy Goin, #2 Joseph Sealey, #4 Ethan Stiles, #18 Dagen Condomitti

170: Delaney Ruhlman, #3 Lorenzo Norman, #14 Dylan Newsome

180: Orlando Cruz, #1 Brayden Thompson, #4 Aeoden Sinclair, #5 Gabe Arnold, #8 Harvey Ludington, #10 Timothy McDonnell

195: Gunner Henry, #3 Hayden Walters, #4 Jude Correa, #6 AJ Heeg, #7 Remy Cotton, #9 Michael Dellagatta, #15 Hoke Hogan, #18 Luke Cochran, #19 Mark Marin, #20 Brian Burburija

220: Devin Kendrex, #1 Christian Carroll, #15 Sameul Murphy, #17 AJ Fricchione, #19 Michael Murillo

285: Trey Decknard, #6 Emmanuel Ulrich, #7 Matthew Moore, #8 Parker Farrell, #16 Aidan Fockler

There’s no telling how day one will go for us, and the competition that Indiana Outlaws will compete against on day two will depend on how the first day goes, but these are the guaranteed (unless weights are shuffled around or injury strikes) matchups that will go down day one:

Indiana Outlaws vs. Team Oklahoma:

Gavin Jendreas vs. #11 Christopher Kiser

#17 Logan Frazier vs. #17 (at 120) Sam Herring

Bryce Lowery vs. #10 Kael Voinovich

Indiana Outlaws vs. Minion Legends

Toby Billerman vs. #18 Cooper Hilton

#17 Logan Frazier vs. #6 Drew Gorman

Anthony Bahl vs. #6 Dylan Glicher

Orlando Cruz vs. #1 Brayden Thompson *or* #5 Gabe Arnold

Gunner Henry vs. #15 Hoke Hogan *or* #18 Luke Cochran

Devin Kendrex vs. #1 Christian Carroll

Indiana Outlaws vs. Spartan RTC Elite

Gavin Jendreas vs. #16 Cameron Stinson

Toby Billerman vs. #7 Nathan Desmond

#17 Logan Frazier vs. #12 Tyler Knox

Landon Hawkins vs. #13 Landon Robideau

Cheaney Schoeff vs. #13 Tyler Vazquez

Anthony Bahl vs. #6 Pierson Manville

Bryce Lowery vs. #6 Alessio Perentin

Sam Goin vs. #2 Joseph Sealey *or* Ransom Rudolph

Delaney Ruhlman vs. #3 Lorenzo Norman

Gunner Henry vs. #4 Jude Correa

Trey Decknard vs. #8 Parker Farrell

Indiana Outlaws vs. Team Empire

Gunner Henry vs. #19 Mark Marin

Devin Kendrex vs. #19 Michael Murillo

6 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

It’s commonly known among Indiana wrestling fans that Indiana wrestlers are not very respected when it comes to national rankings. The Elite 8 Duals is a great opportunity to change that. This weekend, a squad of 15 of Indiana’s best will battle against some of the best that the country has to offer, with at least one nationally ranked competitor in every weight class, and as many as eight or nine in some weight classes. This weekend will be a great chance to show the rest of the country the talent of Indiana wrestling.

That being said, I thought that I would go through and look up the nationally ranked competition in every weight class, so that you all could know the potential matchups to look forward to this weekend. Of course, our guys won’t get to wrestle every wrestler, but depending on our day one performance, each guy will likely wrestle at least a couple nationally ranked foes (aside from the weight classes with only one or two nationally ranked guys, which isn’t a lot of weight classes).

113: Gavin Jendreas, #11 Christopher Kiser, #16 (at 106) Gage Singleton, #16 Cameron Stinson, #16 (at 120) Bo Bassett

120: Toby Billerman, #7 (at 113) Nathan Desmond, #7 Kael Lauridsen, #14 Gauge Botero, #14 (at 126) Thomas Verrette, #18 Cooper Hilton, #20 Jackson Blum

126: #17 Logan Frazier, #1 Jax Forrest, #4 Luke Stanich, #6 Drew Gorman, #10 Dillon Campbell, #11 Brady Roark, #12 Tyler Knox, #17 (at 120) Sam Herring

132: Landon Hawkins, #4 Grigor Cholakyan, #13 Landon Robideau, #18 William Baysinger, #20 Brandon Cannon

138: Cheaney Schoeff, #8 Vince Bouzakis, #11 Cameron Catrabone, #13 Tyler Vazquez, #17 Matthew Repos

145: Anthony Bahl, #3 Joel Adams, #6 (at 138) Pierson Manville, #6 Dylan Gilcher, #17 Weston Dalton, #18 Collin Dupill, #18 (at 152) Nick Kunstek

152: Bryce Lowery, #2 Ladarion Lockett, #6 Alessio Perentin, #8 Jeremiah Price, #9 Kody Routledge, #10 Kael Voinovich

180: Orlando Cruz, #1 Brayden Thompson, #4 Aeoden Sinclair, #5 Gabe Arnold, #8 Harvey Ludington, #10 Timothy McDonnell

195: Gunner Henry, #3 Hayden Walters, #4 Jude Correa, #6 AJ Heeg, #7 Remy Cotton, #9 Michael Dellagatta, #15 Hoke Hogan, #18 Luke Cochran, #19 Mark Marin, #20 Brian Burburija

220: Devin Kendrex, #1 Christian Carroll, #15 Sameul Murphy, #17 AJ Fricchione, #19 Michael Murillo

285: Trey Decknard, #6 Emmanuel Ulrich, #7 Matthew Moore, #8 Parker Farrell, #16 Aidan Fockler

There’s no telling how day one will go for us, and the competition that Indiana Outlaws will compete against on day two will depend on how the first day goes, but these are the guaranteed (unless weights are shuffled around or injury strikes) matchups that will go down day one:

What are the Matches you're really looking forward too out of this day one batch? 

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

What are the Matches you're really looking forward too out of this day one batch? 

Frazier vs. Knox and Goin vs. Sealey are two matches that I think are going to be close. I also think that Gunner Henry is ready to be in the top 20 and want to see how he stacks up against Jude Correa. Similarly, Landon Hawkins has been a rising star and I think Landon Robideau will be a great indicator as to how elite he is going to be in the coming years.

Really excited for Frazier this weekend, his weight is stacked just in pool play alone. I really think Lowery can knock off Voinovich who's tough but not as good as his older brother was in HS.  Seems like Gunner Henry will have a ranked opponent every match almost. This is a hugeeeee weekend for our guys that are HM's to make some noise and grab a ranking.

1 hour ago, TysonNisley said:

Always appreciate the time, effort, and insight that you put into these writeups.

1 hour ago, TysonNisley said:

Frazier vs. Knox and Goin vs. Sealey are two matches that I think are going to be close. I also think that Gunner Henry is ready to be in the top 20 and want to see how he stacks up against Jude Correa. Similarly, Landon Hawkins has been a rising star and I think Landon Robideau will be a great indicator as to how elite he is going to be in the coming years.

Yes, I'm hoping these matches go to the Indiana boy's because I know a few of them personally and know the work being put in is at a ridiculous level. Firm believer in sowing and reaping! Either way gives a great preview for Super 32 which allows boys to make adjustments!

Lowery can knock off anyone in the country on any given match.-Bryce Lowery vs. #10 Kael Voinovich

&Bryce Lowery vs. #6 Alessio Perentin

Orlando Cruz vs. #1 Brayden Thompson *or* #5 Gabe Arnold-----

Gunner Henry vs. #15 Hoke Hogan *or* #18 Luke Cochran & Gunner Henry vs. #19 Mark Marin--

Bahl could beat Manville if he keeps up an attack style offense.  Manville does get tired later in the matches.

How did we not get Carroll on the Indiana squad? Did he commit somewhere else first? 

4 minutes ago, buttler73 said:

Lowery can knock off anyone in the country on any given match.-Bryce Lowery vs. #10 Kael Voinovich

Gunner Henry vs. #15 Hoke Hogan *or* #18 Luke Cochran & Gunner Henry vs. #19 Mark Marin--

Bahl could beat Manville if he keeps up an attack style offense.  Manville does get tired later in the matches.

How did we not get Carroll on the Indiana squad? Did he commit somewhere else first? 

Thompson is a monster and practices with Cruz some. So they are familiar with each other 

1 minute ago, buttler73 said:

Every time I've watched Manville he has a huge gas tank and always in your face with pressure, that will be a tough match up for Anthony. I also wondered why Carroll wasn't wrestling for Indiana, but realized he's on Minion Legends the team that won it last year and pretty sure Christian is friends with a wrestler on the team named Gabe Arnold who is an Iowa commit.

8 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

Every time I've watched Manville he has a huge gas tank and always in your face with pressure, that will be a tough match up for Anthony. I also wondered why Carroll wasn't wrestling for Indiana, but realized he's on Minion Legends the team that won it last year and pretty sure Christian is friends with a wrestler on the team named Gabe Arnold who is an Iowa commit.

Too bad Because I know Sam Goin turned down Black mambas and POWA to wrestle with team Indiana. To each his own!

5 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Kendrex is coming off an IHPO runner-up finish and a bloodround performance at Fargo this summer. I've wrestled with him a decent bit this summer and seen the work he's been putting in. 220 is in good hands.

Might be the most improved wrestler that made it to state last year. His hand fighting and hi-c are top notch.

Edited by bigballerb
grammar

Just now, TysonNisley said:

That's that Coach Fleeger hand fighting right there. Dangerous stuff, I tell ya...

Pretty sure he is also a CIA guy, so maybe Eppert is the one that got him right.😉 All jokes aside it is cool to see him supplement his training all over the state. He has definitely put the work in.

15 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

Pretty sure he is also a CIA guy, so maybe Eppert is the one that got him right.😉 All jokes aside it is cool to see him supplement his training all over the state. He has definitely put the work in.

I would like to see Limbert again in Action. Horn at IHPO gave him all he could handle . I would like to see a rematch soon 

33 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

I would like to see Limbert again in Action. Horn at IHPO gave him all he could handle . I would like to see a rematch soon 

Yeah that match was crazy. The ref got put in a bad position on that last stall call, I would have loved to see that match go into OT. 

11 hours ago, buttler73 said:

No he committed to IN first…. 

I think this team could surprise some people!

Rioux should do really well at 100 wont be giving up weight.

Dickman is a 2x Double AA at Fargo for a reason!

Jendreas is tough and has been working all offseason I expect him to have a quality weekend.

Billerman has been workin quietly all summer but I think he turns some major heads this weekend he always impresses me.

Frazier should have a great weekend he looked great at IHPO looking forward to watching him build on that performance.

Hawkins could turn heads at a new weight had to bump at Fargo and the size wasn't an issue at all.

Schoeff and Bahl will both bang with anyone they are TOUGH.

Lowery has had an amazing summer racking up quality wins everywhere excited to see him this weekend.

Goin is a goer no matter what I'm excited to watch him after another IHPO championship.

Ruhlman is coming off an IHPO title. He will find his cradle on a stud and I wont be shocked one bit.

Cruz can hang with anyone out there and should have a great weekend.

Henry I expect to make some real noise with a few "upsets" really I just think he's going to show people he belongs.

Kendrix now this kid I had no clue who he was until Fargo, lost in the blood round then won IHPO, this kid is wrestling awesome as of lately!

Lastly RD3 this kid will be in matches and we all know he has a big move to get back in a match. He'll be giving up some size but I expect him to have a solid weekend!

Great write up @TysonNisley excited to watch the action!

wrestlemania iv wrestling GIF by WWE 
Listen here Brother … when it comes to my nephew Hoke Hogan . He’s been taking his vitamins, saying his prayers, doing everything right like his Uncle . If it wasn’t for me Hoke wouldn’t be here. 
tastes good hulk hogan GIF   

God created the Heavens, he created the earth! He created Hoke Hogan . Then, he created a set of 24-inch python on me  brother! 

Posing Hulk Hogan GIF by SB Nation  

Blood is thicker than new blood brother, see these 24 inch pythons they got Hoke Hogan blood running all in them Brother .  

Hulk Hogan 90S GIF 

Well, let me tell you something Brother about all these Hokemaniacs that’s gonna run wild all over Georgia like I did back in the Georgia Dome . 

hulk hogan wrestling GIF 

Watcha gonna do when Hoke Hogan runs wild all over you Brother … watcha gonna do Brother !  

hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE 

Gotta love this name . 
Worship GIF 

of such creative genius in this name . 😂😂.

I LOVE IT ! 

Indiana looks to have the bye first round, will be wrestling Oklahoma  in round two. After looking at lineups it looks like Oklahoma picked up some guys from different states. Some big match ups include Logan Frazier against Pennsylvania stud and nationally ranked Sam Herring, Jendreas has nationally ranked Chris Kiser, Bryce Lowery has nationally ranked Kael Voinovich, and Orlando Cruz will be wrestling New Jersey stud Rocco Dellagatta. Veazy beat Dellagatta at Fargo 8-8.