Stevan Micic is in the semi-finals at the world championships, how awesome would it be for him and Gilman to make the finals! Would be very hard to pick who to cheer for if they do😅. Micic teched the Kazakhstan wrestler who upset Horst Lehr, Lehr gave Gilman his last lost at the Zouhaier Sghaier Ranking Tournament, he actually pinned Gilman with an elevator otherwise known as some gator bacon. Gilman takes on the Chinese wrestler who just beat Darian Cruz 3-1 in the quarters ,and Micic faces Abakarov from Albania. 

Also really interested how Stevan made 57kg, I thought the whole reason for him moving to 141 was to gain size to move up to 61 or 65kg. I will say he looks 100 times better than he did at the Olympics. Starting to question though if Micic could beat Ragusin at 133 and was forced to move up to 141.

5 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

Sounds like he doesn't want any part of cutting to 57 kg again.

I agree, however this was by far his best performance. Probably better to wrestle 61kg at most events, but then cut down to 57kg for worlds or Olympic qualifiers. He really looked good at 57kg this tournament especially having to make scratch two days in a row when he made the bronze match.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

I agree, however this was by far his best performance. Probably better to wrestle 61kg at most events, but then cut down to 57kg for worlds or Olympic qualifiers. He really looked good at 57kg this tournament especially having to make scratch two days in a row when he made the bronze match.

It seems like Serbia may not allow him to go 61 KG.

He might have to choose which Olympic weight he is to go, in 65 KG or 57 KG.