Attention FW Semi-State Coaches: 1st Annual Media Day - October 30th in Decatur

decbell1

In conjunction with IndianaMat and WZBD Radio, Haggard-Sefton-Hirschy-Zelt High School Wrestling Weekly will be hosting the first annual High School Wrestling Media Day for all schools in the Fort Wayne Semi-State as part of the kickoff of the new season of our show on October 30th. 

All coaches from the semi-state are invited to the Pavilion at Cross Creek in Decatur from 5-7 p.m. for a free buffet meal, sponsored by IndianaMat and WZBD, and the opportunity to network with other coaches in the area. Coaches will also have the opportunity to meet and do interviews with print and television media personnel throughout the night. 

This is a coaches-only event and it will be followed by the first episode of High School Wrestling Weekly, which will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Double Eagle Clubhouse Grille next door. All coaches are invited to stay for the show. You can be a guest on the show or simply enjoy the show as part of the audience and enjoy the meal and drink specials as you listen. 

Please RSVP to me at decbell1@gmail.com or 260-205-6984. Let me know if you have any questions!

For those considering joining us for this event, I'd like to offer a glimpse of who will be attending and what will be offered. 

-Dean Pantazi from Fort Wayne's ABC affiliate, WPTA, will be present and looking for feature stories for the upcoming season. 

-A member of the WANE sports team (Channel 15.1 CBS in Fort Wayne) will be there to interview coaches. 
-A representative from the Journal Gazette will be there to meet coaches and talk about story ideas for the upcoming season. 
-IHSAA official Tyrone Wilson will be on hand to talk about some of the rule changes for the upcoming season. 
-General Heavy Handz will be there and recording a podcast. 

-Your Indiana rankings coordinator, Mike Reiser, will be in attendance to learn about the guys from your team that he should put on his radar. 

-Our Fort Wayne Semi-State rankings coordinator, Caleb Spires, will be there to help shape his watch list for 2022-23. 

-Members of the IHSWCA Team State Seeding Committee will be there to learn more about the teams who are already in this year's event, but also the teams who are hopeful of winning a final spot in this year's Team State. 

-Y2 will be there. 

-Pat Culp will be present and taking questions and offering advice when it comes to various big tournaments on the horizon and what information coaches will need to submit over the course of the year. She is also a great point of contact for girls wrestling in Indiana. 

-Representatives from college programs, RTCs and private training facilities will also be in attendance. 

-This event is also going to be a great way to mix and network in terms of building a JV schedule, filling your varsity schedule and sharing information. 

I am going to attempt to build an attendance list as people officially RSVP. 

Attending Coaches

Eric Myers-Jay County

Andy Oberlin-Homestead

Ethan Hirschy-FW North Side

Jesse Gaskill-South Adams

Brett Smith-Prairie Heights

AJ Bradley-Muncie Central

Jimmy Linn-New Haven

Tony Currie-Adams Central

Nick Kraus-Garrett

Josh Stephenson-Yorktown

John Tone-Dwenger 

Tony Abbott-Cowan

Clint Gard-Rochester

Anthony Snyder-Concord

Edited by decbell1

• 1 month later...

For those considering joining us for this event, I'd like to offer a glimpse of who will be attending and what will be offered. 

-Dean Pantazi from Fort Wayne's ABC affiliate, WPTA, will be present and looking for feature stories for the upcoming season. 

-A member of the WANE sports team (Channel 15.1 CBS in Fort Wayne) will be there to interview coaches. 

-Your Indiana rankings coordinator, Mike Reiser, will be in attendance to learn about the guys from your team that he should put on his radar. 

-Our Fort Wayne Semi-State rankings coordinator, Caleb Spires, will be there to help shape his watch list for 2022-23. 

-Members of the IHSWCA Team State Seeding Committee will be there to learn more about the teams who are already in this year's event, but also the teams who are hopeful of winning a final spot in this year's Team State. 

-Y2 will be there. 

-Pat Culp will be present and taking questions and offering advice when it comes to various big tournaments on the horizon and what information coaches will need to submit over the course of the year. She is also a great point of contact for girls wrestling in Indiana. 

-Representatives from college programs, RTCs and private training facilities will also be in attendance. 

-This event is also going to be a great way to mix and network in terms of building a JV schedule, filling your varsity schedule and sharing information. 

Attending Coaches

Eric Myers-Jay County

Andy Oberlin-Homestead

Brett Smith-South Adams

2 hours ago, decbell1 said:

-Members of the IHSWCA Team State Seeding Committee will be there to learn more about the teams who are already in this year's event, but also the teams who are hopeful of winning a final spot in this year's Team State. 

-Y2 will be there. 

Attending Coaches

Eric Myers-Jay County

Andy Oberlin-Homestead

Brett Smith-South Adams

Didn’t know we added Brett Smith to our staff, what a pickup! 

A quick update on this event as we are just a week away. Due to my own error and oversight, I did not realize the Colts played the 4 pm game on Sunday. Because we are a Colts affiliate, our radio show will need to wait until the game is over. For that reason, we will push the event back to 5-7 pm and our radio show will start some time after 7:30, when the game is over.