Flo’s 1st 2022-23 Rankings

MattM

Hwt Clark was going for 3rd as you predicted but then shattered his leg in the 3rd match.l against Forrester. He is having surgery today. We were told as long as healing goes ok he can get back to competing towards the end of November. I will say, Popi is one to watch this year. As a sophomore, he is a beast. 

3 hours ago, Imthatmom said:

Hwt Clark was going for 3rd as you predicted but then shattered his leg in the 3rd match.l against Forrester. He is having surgery today. We were told as long as healing goes ok he can get back to competing towards the end of November. I will say, Popi is one to watch this year. As a sophomore, he is a beast. 

Is shattered the right wording here?  I only ask because on the video it looked like maybe a tear or something and end of November seems like a short time frame for a shattered leg.  Either way, good luck to him on his recovery and hope he gets back on the mat when he's 100%

16 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Is shattered the right wording here?  I only ask because on the video it looked like maybe a tear or something and end of November seems like a short time frame for a shattered leg.  Either way, good luck to him on his recovery and hope he gets back on the mat when he's 100%

Well, we are sitting in the waiting room while he is in surgery now. He is getting a plate and screws and will be out 10 weeks according to what the surgeon just told us. While you are correct the video doesn't look bad, the xray showed differently. The force of the ligament pushing the tibia and ankle bones over displaced the ankle and caused the fibula to break in a spiral direction. So, call it what you want but yes, the end of the fibula is quite frankly shattered. Thank you for your concern and inquiry into the way I described his medically diagnosed injury. 

30 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

I also realized i posted this on the wrong thread.

30 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Well, we are sitting in the waiting room while he is in surgery now. He is getting a plate and screws and will be out 10 weeks according to what the surgeon just told us. While you are correct the video doesn't look bad, the xray showed differently. The force of the ligament pushing the tibia and ankle bones over displaced the ankle and caused the fibula to break in a spiral direction. So, call it what you want but yes, the end of the fibula is quite frankly shattered. Thank you for your concern and inquiry into the way I described his medically diagnosed injury. 

2 hours ago, Imthatmom said:

I also realized i posted this on the wrong thread.

Ouch.  I meant nothing by it.  The video looked like it was a different type of injury to me.  Hope he heals quickly and gets back on the mat.

37 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Ouch.  I meant nothing by it.  The video looked like it was a different type of injury to me.  Hope he heals quickly and gets back on the mat.

Thank you. You're right, I had no idea how bad it was. The ref was blocking my view but the trainer seemed to know right away. 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:42 AM, bigballerb said:

Carroll did smash him in the Fargo finals, but Kueter did pin Christian in their first meeting. Would love to see round 3 between the two, especially after Kueter won worlds. 

Have gotten to know Ben a little better given that he and Leighton will be team mates on #SWARM23 (Hawkeye Football Recruit Class of '23). He's on a mission and is freaking lean. I can't imagine what the football training table in Iowa City paired with the workouts in Carver will do for him...