RIP Coach Kelly Cronk

Hey all, just wanted to get on here and post that former Head Coach  of Shenandoah High, Kelly Cronk, passed away peacefully last week. Not sure how many know of his history or coaching resume as he coached for 24 years with 1999 being his last year. Even I did not know how big he was in the area until really I got to high school and that was after having him as my teacher in middle school lol just thought he was a guy asking me weird questions about my wrestling all the time (no joke). Then I learned how big of a persona and coach he was in the New Castle area and hearing stories from guys like Coach Black Sr. and Coach Hamm & Hale, Coach Walker, Coach Lewis, Coach Widner, my dad and many more did I truly realize I had the pleasure of meeting a once in lifetime man. Just some quick facts about the legend, he was known for the "Tasmanian" devil as the mascot and his Coach Gable like coaching approach; He took 8 wrestlers to state during time, having a few placers with 1 being a runner up; Coach was inducted into Indiana Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1999; I know I'm forgetting many other things I'm forgetting, but Coach did all of this in wrestling after learning about the sport in college and participating in Ball State's club team, never wrestled legitimately . RIP Coach Cronk, you will truly be missed seeing at a scores table or head table at a Shenandoah or New Castle wrestling event. I'm sure there are guys like FCFighter and Coach Black and many others with knowledge of Coach, just wanted Indiana wrestling to know we lost a brother.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/thecouriertimes/name/kelly-cronk-obituary?id=36124476&utm_source=webshareapi&utm_medium=share_button&utm_campaign=wsapimobile_beta&fbclid=IwAR11uvQ9VuV0R20VXY2Q1aq_jf25M2cRj90sp_P9PlPoTckcst1QZbgtYDI

Always a beacon of light and positivity! I'm gonna miss our banter mat side, as he reminds me that I haven't gotten any prettier or easier to understand as ramble on about wrestling and whatever shiny object caught my eye mid sentence...Was a man's man, yet a romantic to his wife, was a wine connoisseur, Liberal arts genius, Master Motivator and coach, along with being a devout man of the Lord, rest easy coach I know you have your prime body again, toasting your loved 1s you reunited with, Love ya